FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[NO ROOT][UPDATED] Always On Display for any samsung device running on Android 7.0+

190 posts
Thanks Meter: 817

Post Reply Email Thread
21st October 2017, 02:00 AM |#21  
Flag Coimbra
Thanks Meter: 15

More
oh yeah nice, i will test this in a diferent rom to compare the kongloi rom for s6edge plus

21st October 2017, 02:05 AM |#22  
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 233

More
Great job... Hope you can port it for other devices aswell... Using LineageOS 14.1 on SGH Note 3 Exynos
The Following User Says Thank You to etch_kayy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift etch_kayy Ad-Free
21st October 2017, 02:37 AM |#23  
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 170

More
Great job. However, it might need some adjustment like

Changing its position after a minute or so to avoid screen burn in
Notification bug. By default you see 2 misscalls and 2 message unread on home screen. New notifications dont appear
If above is added/fixed, it would b great..
The Following User Says Thank You to Waxim1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Waxim1 Ad-Free
21st October 2017, 03:03 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Please, can you create the Always On Display based of Galaxy Note 8?, I have a Galaxy Note 5 and I can not use the 'Screen off Memo' if the AOD still running.
Also, some bugs are the impossibility of customize the colors and layouts, for example, when I choose the analogical clock that doesn't work, only work the first and third digital clock.
Thanks.
21st October 2017, 05:48 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
S6 edge and not working on mine. It configures but does not come on. Any ideas or is this the one phone that i still have to continue to use Always on Amoled?.

Sent from my S6 Edge Official 7.0 N

---------- Post added at 05:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 AM ----------

Just got it to work. Very buggy. Only works when it wants to. Backgrounds wouldn't work no calendar and no analogue clocks. Font is too thick that would melt my screen. It's the best implementation into the system settings so far but for now its back to Always on Amoled. I'll await your updates. But great work. Keep going man.

21st October 2017, 05:52 AM |#26  

More
Thank
Thank you
21st October 2017, 06:04 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
So it doesnt colour the font either. Took 5 attempts to get it to work by closing the screen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1508562044628.jpg
Views:	1458
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	4309345Click image for larger version

Name:	1508562093355.jpg
Views:	1444
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	4309346

21st October 2017, 06:12 AM |#28  

More
Not working on j7 prime.. please make it work.
21st October 2017, 06:38 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaitanya2109

Not working on j7 prime.. please make it work.

It works on mine

---------- Post added at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludovic1805

It works mine

Actually it's a bit of a useless thing as j7 prime has tft display. You will just use out your battery for this. It is not worth it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ludovic1805 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ludovic1805 Ad-Free
21st October 2017, 06:49 AM |#30  
Flag St.Petersburg
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Well, really a great job. But some additional bugs found to already discussed. It seams that this app replaces stock lock screen. So it you are running music, stock app and toy want to ff next track from Bluetooth headset, you will not able to do it, it will not recognise it. S6 EDGE 7.0 latest stock ROM.

P.s. Also, there's a Samsung Pay bar at bottom of screen appears. I think it's also not normal, because it's not optimised for AOD. And it's not functional.
The Following User Says Thank You to nectop For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nectop Ad-Free
21st October 2017, 07:12 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Display burn-in protection + Button Backlight Keys change
First of all, Thank you so much for this Wonderful app I was waiting for it so long as I am a S6 owner.

+ Please can you insure that display burn-in protection feature is ON in your app (For exemple: the Clock change its position on the screen periodically to prevent LEDs burn) like in S8.

+ Activating the AOD change the buttons backlight settings, I am using the Galaxy buttons lights to deactivate the Light by default, but your app turn it on.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
always on display, android 7, app, no root, samsung

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)