[DISCONTINUED] Always On Display for any samsung device running on Android 7.0+

Search This thread

Waxim1

Sep 15, 2013
Lahore
Great job. However, it might need some adjustment like

Changing its position after a minute or so to avoid screen burn in
Notification bug. By default you see 2 misscalls and 2 message unread on home screen. New notifications dont appear
If above is added/fixed, it would b great..

Reactions: Andreja01

beast_antrax

Nov 17, 2015
Please, can you create the Always On Display based of Galaxy Note 8?, I have a Galaxy Note 5 and I can not use the 'Screen off Memo' if the AOD still running.
Also, some bugs are the impossibility of customize the colors and layouts, for example, when I choose the analogical clock that doesn't work, only work the first and third digital clock.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Loz1

Jul 3, 2012
S6 edge and not working on mine. It configures but does not come on. Any ideas or is this the one phone that i still have to continue to use Always on Amoled?.

Sent from my S6 Edge Official 7.0 N

---------- Post added at 05:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 AM ----------

Just got it to work. Very buggy. Only works when it wants to. Backgrounds wouldn't work no calendar and no analogue clocks. Font is too thick that would melt my screen. It's the best implementation into the system settings so far but for now its back to Always on Amoled. I'll await your updates. But great work. Keep going man.

Loz1

Jul 3, 2012
So it doesnt colour the font either. Took 5 attempts to get it to work by closing the screen.

1508562044628.jpg1508562093355.jpg

Ludovic1805

Dec 30, 2016
Last edited:
Reactions: the_escapist

nectop

Dec 9, 2005
St.Petersburg
Well, really a great job. But some additional bugs found to already discussed. It seams that this app replaces stock lock screen. So it you are running music, stock app and toy want to ff next track from Bluetooth headset, you will not able to do it, it will not recognise it. S6 EDGE 7.0 latest stock ROM.

P.s. Also, there's a Samsung Pay bar at bottom of screen appears. I think it's also not normal, because it's not optimised for AOD. And it's not functional.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ludovic1805

bb23bi

Mar 20, 2017
Display burn-in protection + Button Backlight Keys change

First of all, Thank you so much for this Wonderful app I was waiting for it so long as I am a S6 owner.

+ Please can you insure that display burn-in protection feature is ON in your app (For exemple: the Clock change its position on the screen periodically to prevent LEDs burn) like in S8.

+ Activating the AOD change the buttons backlight settings, I am using the Galaxy buttons lights to deactivate the Light by default, but your app turn it on.

Last edited:

ocieno

Jul 13, 2010
Its awesome, suggetion for auto brightness lowering wen it come one.

Otherwise its fantastic, even my IPS screen it looks cooler on lower brightness.

And the show notification still auto disable.

Great work.

srikanthuk

Jul 18, 2013
Mumbai
Awesome work mate.. Works on a S6 with Nougat..

One bug I found is that it keeps showing two missed calls and 2 messages as notification even if there was one.

Features that would be nice

1. Double Tap
2. Automatically moving the clock/image to avoid burn in

snydersdoc

Jul 5, 2017
www.docsnyderspage.com
Tried it on my Galaxy Tab S3(SM-T825). Installation without issues. The AOD showed up after locking the device (strange detail: 3 missed calls - and I don't have a SIM installed ;) ) but I wasn't able to unlock the device .. tried all buttons, swipe gestures etc..
I would really appreciate having the AOD (love it on my S8+) on the tablet, too ..

abde27

Jun 2, 2008
G.I.
Wow this is awesome work! Tried it on a note5. Like someone earlier mentioned, screen odd memo doesn't work when aod is enabled. AOD also can't be disabled using a quick toggle. And the fingerprint scanner is always active so one can unlock right from that aod without pressing the home button (idk if that's a bug. I never had this feature before on the phone).
Keep up the awesome work man. Don't feel rushed by anyone, the ones who appreciate your work will stay patient

Reactions: arturodfw
D

Deleted member 6722106

It does not even work on my j3 prime. (Sm-j327t1) some settings fail to save and when my screen turns off it sometimes goes directly to the lock screen and never shows the always on display. I made sure to install both of the apk files.

Harsh123456789

Sep 5, 2017
Awesome work bro!!!
But it causes heating issue in genesys v2. @parth111999
But still it's a nice work but not stable...
I hope you will make it stable soon...
:cowboy: Hats off!! :good:

SharkEzz

Jun 17, 2016
Work great on Galaxy J5 2017 but can you add position changing for the clock to avoid AMOLED screen burning ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    kF2YiQG.png

This project is discontinued. Please install the new version of this app from playstore.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/dev?id=6475482614401654947

Head over to our new thread
    https://xdaforums.com/t/app-6-0-always-on-screen-aod-app-for-all-android-devices.4274877/

Also Join our Telegram community for help, queries and latest updates related to my apps.
    https://t.me/skappdevelopment

Introduction
    Hello XDA!!

I am here with my very own creation, Always On Display. A true mimic of Samsung's exclusive feature known as Always On Display. This app brings the always on display feature to our current samsung smartphone (must be running on Android N) . This app doesn't require a root access. Just allow some necessary permissions and you are ready to rock. This app is only for testing purpose now, a stable version will be released in near future with more features. Check this link for downloads.

Changelog
    Code:
    [LIST]

[B][U]LATEST UPDATE_v2.0.2[/U][/B]
    [*]Improvements & Bug fixes
    [*]New calendar desgin
    [*]In-app update notification

[B][I]----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/I]

[U]UPDATE_v2.0.0[/U][/B]
    [*]Whole new UI
    [*]Facewidgets added
    [*]Contact information added
    [*]Fingerprint as well as home key both are working
    [*]GIF Supported
    [*]Added world clock
    [*] Auto brightness or manual brightness option
    [*]New image clock
    [*]New calendar desgin
    [*]Quickpanel settings fixed.

[B][I]----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/I]

[U]UPDATE_v1.8.6[/U][/B]
    [*]Music controls added

[U]UPDATE_v1.8.4[/U][/B]
    [*]Marshmallow supported

[U]UPDATE_v1.8.2[/U][/B]

[U]UPDATE_v1.8.1[/U][/B]
    [*]Fixed unlock crash

[U]UPDATE_v1.8.0[/U][/B]
    [*]Added support of Android M (6.0).
    [*]Always on fingerprint sensor.
    [*]Pocket mode (proximity sensor) is enabled by default to protect unwanted screen unlock attempts (has option to disable in settings).
    [*]Double tap to exit aod.
    [*]Option to choose a double tap method between a virtual home button or anywhere on screen.
    [*]Notification bugs fixed.
    [*]Double tap notification is working, double tap on a notification icon to view that notification.
    [*]Schedule bugs fixed.
    [*]Brightness bug fixed.
    [*]Added new clock designs along with an edge clock.
    [*]Added a signature clock with options to change color, font, font size and wallpaper. Now you can write your name or a message on aod.
    [*]Improved & updated color palette (replaced with original colors) .
    [*]Added colors and wallpapers support for calendar layouts.
    [*]Some fixes in calendar layouts.
    [*]Clock and home button (if enabled) moves horizontally as well as vertically at random positions every minute (Best burn-in protection).
    [*]Switch between clock, calendar and image layout directly from quickpanel.
    [*]Added option to clear all the changes and reset the settings to it's default.

[U]UPDATE_v1.4.6[/U][/B]
    [*]Added two new analog clock layouts from Galaxy S8.
    [*]Some fixes in calendar layouts.
    [*]Add Schedule functionality (Buggy & doesn't work some times. Will be fixed soon)
    [*]Added some performance boost
    [*]Notification bug fixes
    [*]Virtual Home button bug fixes
    [*]Double tap on home button to exit aod (Made double tap to avoid unwanted exits)
    [*]Many minor bug fixes
    [*]Plugin is made universal that means no need to upgrade it to latest version each time you install an update. Just install this one and it will work with every new update.

[U]UPDATE_v1.4.2[/U][/B]
    [*]Button light problem fixed.
    [*]Minor bug fixes

[U]UPDATE_v1.4[/U][/B]
    [*]Finally the notifications are working. (But it is limited to show only 4 latest notifications along with a count of remaining other)
    [*]Added new settings options page.
    [*]Added on-screen home button(optional) for those whose home button was not working.
    [*]Added option to change AOD position update interval.
    [*]Added option to kill background processes while AOD. (Might be helpful in saving battery power)
    [*]Added pocket mode. (Turn screen of while your phone is in bag or pocket)
    [*]Added screen brightness option for those whose device doesn't have an inbuilt light sensor.
    [*]For devices with inbuilt light sensor, Always on Display adjusts it's brightness itself.
    [*]Always On screen is a bit more darker (dim).
    [*]Main settings screen shows current AOD content (It changes as per your customization)
    [*]QuickSettings Icon layout fixed. (It was looking smaller than other icons before)
    [*]QuickSettings Icon has a detail view now, like the stock one. Click the Icon label to view it.
    [*]In app bug reporting. The users who are not a member of XDA can also report bugs and errors directly through the app.
    [*]Button light bug fixed. (Whose button light settings was resetting to default again and again due to AOD)
    [*]Some layout changes and bug fixes.

[U]UPDATE_v1.2[/U][/B]
    [*]Added Burn-in protection. AOD Clocks moves some pixels from it's position on a certain interval of time.
    [*]AOD Calendar layout fixed.
    [*]Some clocks layout are also redesgined (Minor changes).
    [*]Gradient clock color works perfect now.
    [*]Fingerprint sensor no longer working on aod screen to avoid unlock screen attempts. (Use power button to wake screen and unlock as we usually do).
    [*]Physical home button is working now. Press it to exit aod and wake screen up.
    [/LIST]

Installation instructions
    If you have any previous version of this app intstalled already
    1. Clear data and cache of both previous apps.
    2. Uninstall both of the previous apk
    3. Now continue following the steps below.
    Or else skip above steps and start from here for brand new installation
    • Install new files as normal apk file. (Don't run the app)
    • Kindly restart your device after installing the apps.
    • Now the app is ready to use. (But if possible complete one more step given below )

Optional but recommended
    • Now run the following commands through adb.

Code:
      adb shell pm grant com.samsung.android.app.aodservice android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS

adb shell pm grant com.samsung.android.app.aodservice android.permission.SET_PROCESS_LIMIT

Tutorial Video

IMPORTANT MESSAGE
    As this app is still under development, So there will be nothing surprising if you find some bug or any error or unwanted crush.
    Some features may not work yet. I will fix them soon in future updates.
    This app may increase your battery consumption. So use it at your own risk.

SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT
    CLICK THE THANKS BUTTON

XDA:DevDB Information
    Always On Display for all samsung, Device Specific App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    Sachin Kumar53

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Beta Version: 2.0.2
    Beta Release Date: 2019-04-20

Created 2017-10-19
    Last Updated 2020-05-06
    Always On Display
    Hello XDA!!

I am here with my very own creation, Always On Display. A true mimic of Samsung's exclusive feature known as Always On Display. This app is for them who want to get this feature on their current samsung smartphone (must be running on Android N) . This app doesn't requires root access. Just allow some necessary permissions and you are ready to rock. This app is only for testing now, a stable version will be released in near future with more features. Check Attachments for downloads.

Installation procedure:
    Install both apps as normal apk file.
    (Must install both apk or else the app will not work correctly)

IMPORTANT MESSAGE
    As this app is still under development, So there will be nothing surprising if you find some bug or any error or unwanted crush.
    Some features may not work yet. I will fix them soon in future updates.
    It may increase your battery consumption. So use it at your own risk.

Here is some screenshots.
    SCREENSHOTS

Check out this video:

If you like my work and wanna support me further. Just hit the THANKS button. It will cost you nothing.​

XDA:DevDB Information
    Always On Display for all samsung, App for all samsung devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    Sachin Kumar53

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 1.0
    Beta Release Date: 2017-10-19

Created 2017-10-19
    Last Updated 2017-10-19

Nice Work Mate !!
    LATEST UPDATE

Finally the notifications are working. (But it is limited to show only 4 latest notifications along with a count of remaining other)

Added new settings options page.

Added on-screen home button(optional) for those whose home button was not working.

Added option to change AOD position update interval.

Added option to kill background processes while AOD. (Might be helpful in saving battery power)

Added pocket mode. (Turn screen of while your phone is in bag or pocket)

Added screen brightness option for those whose device doesn't have an inbuilt light sensor.

For devices with inbuilt light sensor, Always on Display adjusts it's brightness itself.

Always On screen is a bit more darker (dim).

Main settings screen shows current AOD content (It changes as per your customization)

QuickSettings Icon layout fixed. (It was looking smaller than other icons before)

QuickSettings Icon has a detail view now, like the stock one.

Click the Icon label to view it. In app bug reporting.

The users who are not a member of XDA can also report bugs and errors directly through the app.

Button light bug fixed. (Whose button light settings was resetting to default again and again due to AOD)

Some layout changes and bug fixes.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Added Burn-in protection. AOD Clocks moves some pixels from it's position on a certain interval of time.

AOD Calendar layout fixed. Some clocks layout are also redesgined (Minor changes).

Gradient clock color works perfect now.

Fingerprint sensor no longer working on aod screen to avoid unlock screen attempts. (Use power button to wake screen and unlock as we usually do).

Physical home button is working now. Press it to exit aod and wake screen up.

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Press Like Button Those Who Are Waiting For this new update desperately
    This post is for the peoples who are in the most hurry and crying so eagerly to get the updates. Turn your heat down and keep calm.

I would like to tell you people i'm neither a professional developer nor an engineering student. Also i don't have some extra ordinary skills or magic. I'm just a 17 year old normal student of I sc. . I have to deal with many things like exams. I do coding in my free time and the most important thing i'm all ALONE in this project. So obviously it will take a little long.
    In simple words developing things takes time.

So keep patient and LEARN TO DO RESPECT OF OTHERS and HONOUR THEIR HARD WORK. I hope that I will not get to see something like that again on this thread.

By the way i have published another announcement regarding the release date. Head over to the first page of the thread now!! :)
    Translation credits

Hindi - Sachin Kumar53
    Turkish - ali_serdar
    Georgian - Wswatch
    Croatian - Antonio GT-I8730T
    Chinese - Chee Hieng
    Polish - Sebek71
    Hungarian - Bullsh*t
    Vietnamese - Tung Lam
    Czech - ondrej.mahdalik
    Italian - Nico_2812
    Spanish - jorgegambini
    Portuguese - lipeveronica
    French - Arnaud Créative Studios

Note: Some translated strings were missing in some languages. So there could be untranslated strings in those languages.