FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Servicely for your apps and services

24,542 posts
Thanks Meter: 136,089

Post Reply Email Thread
Quote:

Remember that time when your device lost 50% of battery life during the night because a gazillion services from careless apps kept keeping your device awake and you have no way to disable them?

Or when Facebook kept waking up your phone for no reason and you find no way to fix it other than uninstalling it?

Servicely to the rescue!

First of all make sure you're ROOTED (it won't work otherwise). You'll be able to select which apps will be put to sleep when the display goes off. Just like magic!

You can also disable/enable permanently any service on your device. It's useful if you have services that tend to auto-restart and keep your device awake, or if you have games sending you never-ending notifications.

This app is somewhat powerful so act responsibly when using it. I'm more than happy to help if you contact me

The apk in the Play Store is free with ads, but I've disabled the ads for the apk below. You can still purchase the key from inside the app which helps me keep producing stuff for you, but you don't have to do so.

You can choose between two "sleep" modes. The soft mode I assume it's probably similar to what Greenify does. The hard mode completely disables the apps you've choosed during screen off, and re-enabled during screen on. This mode removes any shortcuts or widgets from those disabled apps, but this is the most secure way to guarantee those apps won't wake up or do something crazy. That said, you'll be fine with the soft mode.

Play Store download: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...anco.servicely

DISCLAIMER
I take no responsibility for any fault caused by any procedures of the app. No warranties of any kind are given.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	042117031239_framed.jpg
Views:	4754
Size:	206.5 KB
ID:	4122512   Click image for larger version

Name:	042117031251_framed.jpg
Views:	4574
Size:	225.8 KB
ID:	4122513   Click image for larger version

Name:	042117031414_framed.jpg
Views:	4414
Size:	176.3 KB
ID:	4122514   Click image for larger version

Name:	042117031431_framed.jpg
Views:	4132
Size:	222.6 KB
ID:	4122515   Click image for larger version

Name:	042117031552_framed.jpg
Views:	3990
Size:	179.6 KB
ID:	4122516  
Attached Files
File Type: apk Servicely-4.0.5-XDA-release.apk - [Click for QR Code] (2.33 MB, 2480 views)
The Following 247 Users Say Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]

9th April 2015, 07:23 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 486

More
Looks promising. Might replace greenify this little gem, thank you😀😀
The Following User Says Thank You to andy_rose For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift andy_rose Ad-Free
9th April 2015, 07:28 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 203

Donate to Me
More
Enabled pro and start on boot but after closing the app an open it again, it shows this.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dnle71 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dnle71 Ad-Free
9th April 2015, 09:00 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Should greenify be disabled/uninstlled before using servicely??
The Following User Says Thank You to nldxda For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nldxda Ad-Free
9th April 2015, 11:32 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 293

More
Really like this app! This is like the perfect version of greenify. And probably with more features to come. I was just wondering, is it save to add google play services to list? Or wil I loose allot of functionality with the apps that rely on google play services?
9th April 2015, 12:09 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Will this also stop notifications from the app when you have it disabled? Like fb, instagram, xda and twitter?
The Following User Says Thank You to eluspo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eluspo Ad-Free
9th April 2015, 12:20 PM |#7  
Flag Bielefeld
Thanks Meter: 28

More
@franciscofranco

Another possible improvement for your new app:
- With the pro Version there is the option to start the service automatically with the boot. If you boot the device there is no information like "set on boot service has been..." Dont know if you need this message on the boot like in FKU for you new app, but maybe you could make it as an option

and: if you close the app from the task manager, you see the normal action: app is restarting. After the restart the settings/killing apps applies again?

i instantly bought the pro version, before even using it

And if you add a new app to the service, it will be killed after 60 secs? or is first a reboot needed?

And if you kill an app like google keep, can the changes still be synced?

Sorry for the large amount of quetions, i´ve never used apps like this
9th April 2015, 12:39 PM |#8  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 476

More
wow... really like this... thanks franco

just a request for someone who knows... we can get a list with safe services to kill?
The Following User Says Thank You to snapdesign For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift snapdesign Ad-Free
9th April 2015, 02:00 PM |#9  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 77

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eluspo

Will this also stop notifications from the app when you have it disabled? Like fb, instagram, xda and twitter?

Yeah... does this have the background sync feature which I believe Greenify has??
The Following User Says Thank You to shivindera For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shivindera Ad-Free
9th April 2015, 02:54 PM |#10  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Gonna try this for a while and replace greenify if it's better
Thanks
9th April 2015, 03:53 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 701

More
So if a service is idle, let's kill it every minute. The service restarts - which would come with a CPU/memory expense greater than if it had remained idle - and repeat this every minute?
This doesn't seem like an informed decision. It could just be a checkbox in an application's settings that would alleviate the service from repeating.
I don't see why you don't educate people on looking at application's checkboxes.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jawz101 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jawz101 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, doesnt work, kill, services, wakelock

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)