Thanks Meter: 35,004

By M66B, Recognized Developer on 2nd August 2018, 02:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th September 2018, 10:40 AM |#1001  
Thanks Meter: 346

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

Enable debug mode in the advanced settings and there will be an operations menu. You can long press an operation to delete it, but it is interesting to know why the operations were not executed in the first place. In the FAQ you can find a description of the operations.

Probably due to loss of wifi signal. But, after reconnecting. Operations did not execute. Still pending.

I would keep operations in drawer all the time, not just in debug:

10th September 2018, 10:45 AM |#1002  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0d

Probably due to loss of wifi signal. But, after reconnecting. Operations did not execute. Still pending.

I would keep operations in drawer all the time, not just in debug:

Maybe you have set the associated account or folders to not synchronizing? Or the folder/account is not connected in some way.

Operations are an internal data structure, which should not be shown normally. I see no point to bother casual users with this. It would raise unnecessary questions only. The operation count in the status bar notification will be removed eventually too.
10th September 2018, 11:18 AM |#1003  

More
Quote:

Operations are an internal data structure, which should not be shown normally. I see no point to bother casual users with this. It would raise unnecessary questions only. The operation count in the status bar notification will be removed eventually too.

Here is where having options come in handy. Advanced user checkbox in setup?

In the case of mail, I think users would want to know what oprations are pending, what failed, what got lost in operations queue. If sync did not complete users should know, not inly thst it failed but which folders did not sync - all folders? Just 2? ...
10th September 2018, 11:32 AM |#1004  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0d

Here is where having options come in handy. Advanced user checkbox in setup?

In the case of mail, I think users would want to know what oprations are pending, what failed, what got lost in operations queue. If sync did not complete users should know, not inly thst it failed but which folders did not sync - all folders? Just 2? ...

I don't agree, since this is useful only if things are not working as they should. The operations in the queue are processed whenever there is a connection and if something is wrong with a message, which is only really interesting for outgoing messages, there will be an error message. It is just like with the other debug info: it is only interesting in case of problems = bugs.
10th September 2018, 11:50 AM |#1005  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

So, what should be improved?

Edit: I am a much better developer than designer, so suggestions are welcome. Just let me hear what's on your mind and I will see what I can do.

Well, maybe it was too rough. These are just some small details that needs to be fixed. For example look at the post from m0d (#1001 )...The arrow and text aren't on the same line/height... Overall it could be a little cleaner...the lines that seperate sections in the settings menu could be a litte thinner, and maybe a litte darker...
I am also not a designer, but my designer friends say that i have a very good designer-eye ...
10th September 2018, 12:08 PM |#1006  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by norair1997

Well, maybe it was too rough. These are just some small details that needs to be fixed. For example look at the post from m0d (#1001 )...The arrow and text aren't on the same line/height... Overall it could be a little cleaner...the lines that seperate sections in the settings menu could be a litte thinner, and maybe a litte darker...
I am also not a designer, but my designer friends say that i have a very good designer-eye ...

All arrows are aligned with the title and substitute. The debug operations menu, normally not visible, has no subtitle.

The separator lines in the setup screen (assuming you meant that) are one device pixel thick and really cannot be thinner.

Anything else?
The Following User Says Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th September 2018, 12:14 PM |#1007  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by norair1997

You are doing it wrong,
Title is aligned fine;

You are taking screenshot out of context.
Helpful would be to do it properly not Random comments
10th September 2018, 12:23 PM |#1008  
OP Recognized Developer

More
About the separator lines in the navigation menu: these are thicker, but IMHO in balance with the icon size. Any opinions on this?
10th September 2018, 12:56 PM |#1009  
Thanks Meter: 161

More
Quote:

About the separator lines in the navigation menu: these are thicker, but IMHO in balance with the icon size. Any opinions on this?

I agree.

If we start looking at details like that, I would propose to always indent the sender and the subject in the lists, whether or not there is a sender picture or an attachment.

In the message view, it would look a bit better if the star was aligned with the arrow and the sender with the 'FairEmail' text in the header.
10th September 2018, 01:02 PM |#1010  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinhuiz

I agree.

If we start looking at details like that, I would propose to always indent the sender and the subject in the lists, whether or not there is a sender picture or an attachment.

In the message view, it would look a bit better if the star was aligned with the arrow and the sender with the 'FairEmail' text in the header.

Both would be a waste of space IMHO.
10th September 2018, 01:05 PM |#1011  
Thanks Meter: 161

More
Quote:

Both would be a waste of space IMHO.

I know what you mean, but on the other side, it would look cleaner / less cluttered. As one of my design teachers used to say: "Don't be afraid of white space."
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)