Post Reply Email Thread
26th November 2019, 01:27 PM |#10701  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 10,600

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

There is already such an option: 'Automatically close conversations' in the behavior settings.

Note that you cannot have both auto close and auto navigate to the previous/next message because these contradict each other.

Thank you as always for the lightning fast reply, I overlooked it because it says conversation. Maybe renaming it conversation/messages would be clearer? Just a thought.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dark_Eyes_ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th November 2019, 07:29 PM |#10702  
Thanks Meter: 1,851

More
ok , this probably a "nope" answer but will ask anyway is there anyway to "filter" out tracking images and/or UTM parameters?
p.s. deleted acct. successfully. ty.
26th November 2019, 07:33 PM |#10703  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 41,935

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrocketdog

ok , this probably a "nope" answer but will ask anyway is there anyway to "filter" out tracking images and/or UTM parameters?

Tracking images are by default recognized and you can remove tracking parameters with a check box in the open link dialog.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th November 2019, 08:11 PM |#10704  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 416

More
@M66B

On 1.820 (stable) with Gmail noticed this.

On web Gmail, I got an email from A. This was forwarded to B for action . B responded and we had a mail exchange of 5 mails (one from B, rest from me). What I expected is that all these 5 should show in inbox but no they show up in sent folder only, which I find strange - the lone mail from B should show up on inbox (I don't want to show sent mails in unified inbox, to solve such problems)

It's not a sync issue, this was several hours ago and app force sync too multiple times.
26th November 2019, 08:16 PM |#10705  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeshyams

@M66B

On 1.820 (stable) with Gmail noticed this.

On web Gmail, I got an email from A. This was forwarded to B for action . B responded and we had a mail exchange of 5 mails (one from B, rest from me). What I expected is that all these 5 should show in inbox but no they show up in sent folder only, which I find strange - the lone mail from B should show up on inbox (I don't want to show sent mails in unified inbox, to solve such problems)

It's not a sync issue, this was several hours ago and app force sync too multiple times.

A conversation will be shown in the (unified) inbox only if at least one of the messages of the conversation is in the inbox. So, the question is in which folders are the messages of A and B? Did you maybe archive the conversion?

Note that there is a new stable.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th November 2019, 08:49 PM |#10706  
Flag Bangalore

More
Quote:

A conversation will be shown in the (unified) inbox only if at least one of the messages of the conversation is in the inbox. So, the question is in which folders are the messages of A and B? Did you maybe archive the conversion?

Note that there is a new stable.

Thanks. Missed seeing that beta turned stable. Updated.

1. Message of A is in inbox.

2. I forwarded it to B.

3. Though there is one mail from B, it doesn't show up in inbox but only in sent folder. In other words, as you said, there is one conversation which should be but isn't in inbox

4. Nope, nothing archived.

I was all the while using web interface on laptop and saw this odd behavior when I opened the app
26th November 2019, 08:53 PM |#10707  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:

Thanks. Missed seeing that beta turned stable. Updated.

1. Message of A is in inbox.

2. I forwarded it to B.

3. Though there is one mail from B, it doesn't show up in inbox but only in sent folder. In other words, as you said, there is one conversation which should be but isn't in inbox

4. Nope, nothing archived.

I was all the while using web interface on laptop and saw this odd behavior when I opened the app

I guess the explanation is that forwarding a message starts a new conversation. In other words, forwarded messages are not part of the initial conversation.
The Following User Says Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th November 2019, 09:00 PM |#10708  
Flag Bangalore

More
Deleted
26th November 2019, 09:01 PM |#10709  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:

Starting a new conversation in this context is fine and makes sense too.

But, New conversation doesn't show up in inbox even though it has one incoming mail, which is weird

In which folder is the response message of B?
26th November 2019, 09:03 PM |#10710  
Flag Bangalore

More
Quote:

In which folder is the response message of B?

All 5 mails in sent folder only. Including one incoming
26th November 2019, 09:06 PM |#10711  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:

All 5 mails in sent folder only. Including one incoming

Then the question is how the one incoming message got into the sent folder. Unfortunately, I don't have the answer to this, but I know for sure that FairEmail will never move messages on its own.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, email, open source, privacy, security

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)