Thanks Meter: 42,072

By M66B, Recognized Developer on 2nd August 2018, 03:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st December 2019, 10:57 AM |#10781  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

You can create multiple identities to accomplish this.

Seems like a workaround more than a satisfying solution. By doing so, I won't see the signature linked to each identity, thus I will probably have to select several identity before finding the right one when composing an email.
1st December 2019, 10:59 AM |#10782  
Flag Germany
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:

S/MIME is mainly used professionally and therefore I will probably add it only if somebody pays for it.

Edit: this could be in the form of an additional, expensive pro feature.

I think that's good and justified. My last email client with S/Mime before FE was Maildroid (~$10). Currently Nine with S/Mime costs $15.
1st December 2019, 11:00 AM |#10783  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Two

Thank you for the very quick reply.

In K9 there a distinction between Date and Arival date. I am not sure but it seems that it uses with Date another date from the email to sort. Perhaps the sending date.

This would be very convenient to have an appropriate sorting of emails.

The Date header represents the sent date which is not only optional, but also unreliable.
1st December 2019, 11:03 AM |#10784  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by otiel

Seems like a workaround more than a satisfying solution. By doing so, I won't see the signature linked to each identity, thus I will probably have to select several identity before finding the right one when composing an email.

Allowing multiple signatures for a single identity would add quite some complexity to FairEmail, which is in most cases unnecessary.

Note that identities have a display name that you can use to distinguish identities.
1st December 2019, 12:12 PM |#10785  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Yes I I know that it is unreliable, but in my use case it is unfortunately the only option. On the other hand It works for 99.9% for me. The only time it does not work was for Emails where the owner of the sending PC had a defect BIOS battery.

I am not sure how much effort it is to implement such an sorting option. If it is only the sorting in the Email overview or if there are dependencies to other features. For me it could be also a Pro feature because for my use case I need it.

Perhaps with an comment that it is unreliable in the options where it must be activated before usage.
1st December 2019, 02:29 PM |#10786  
OP Recognized Developer

More
I have just released beta version 1.830

Changelog/download:
https://github.com/M66B/FairEmail/releases

This version adds support for verifying and sending PGP signed-only messages.

@The_Two there is a new advanced account setting to use the date header instead of the server received time. You'll need to synchronize your messages again to apply this setting (long press a folder in the folder list and clear local messages).

Please report any problem you discover, so it can be fixed.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st December 2019, 03:02 PM |#10787  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
New user to the app, so I'm not sure if its a bug or how its meant to work.

You open a email from someone who you've never done the "show the original message" before.
So you press the square box button, tick do not ask again for "[email protected]" and always show images on original messages.
Email then loads correctly with images and full HTML styling.
Nice I can now read it correctly.

I then get another email from this sender, it now loads the full HTML styling but not the images.
Is the option "Always show images on showing original messages" meant to make it show images every time?
or do I then need to go to the show images button and tick "do not ask this again for [email protected]".

Many Thank
1st December 2019, 03:19 PM |#10788  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLemonJuice

New user to the app, so I'm not sure if its a bug or how its meant to work.

You open a email from someone who you've never done the "show the original message" before.
So you press the square box button, tick do not ask again for "[email protected]" and always show images on original messages.
Email then loads correctly with images and full HTML styling.
Nice I can now read it correctly.

I then get another email from this sender, it now loads the full HTML styling but not the images.
Is the option "Always show images on showing original messages" meant to make it show images every time?
or do I then need to go to the show images button and tick "do not ask this again for [email protected]".

Many Thank

Showing images and original messages by default for trusted senders are separate settings, so you'll want to check "Don't ask again for ..." for the images too.
1st December 2019, 03:23 PM |#10789  

More
Quote:

Showing images and original messages by default for trusted senders are separate settings, so you'll want to check "Don't ask again for ..." for the images too.

Thank you that's cleared things up

If I purchase Pro, does the App support body email search via remote postfix and Solr indexing?
This is the feature I'm after as I use Mailcow as my selfhosted email.

If you're unable to answer then I'll just have to purchase and test for myself. 😀
1st December 2019, 03:24 PM |#10790  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLemonJuice

Thank you that's cleared things up

If I purchase Pro, does the App support body email search via remote postfix and Solr indexing?
This is the feature I'm after as I use Mailcow as my selfhosted email.

If you're unable to answer then I'll just have to purchase and test for myself.

Searching on server will be available after the pro features have been activated.
1st December 2019, 03:33 PM |#10791  

More
Quote:

Searching on server will be available after the pro features have been activated.

Purchased and works a treat!
Just the email app I've been looking for.

I know its meant to be a privacy focused app, but is there a way to always show images and HTML styling for all emails? instead of keep allowing them?

I'm more in to keeping my data safe and secure then pixel tracking. I use DNS BL to stop the pixel tracking.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FingerlessGloves For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FingerlessGloves Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, email, open source, privacy, security

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)