Post Reply Email Thread
2nd December 2019, 02:53 PM |#10801  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 40,185

More
I have just released beta version 1.831 1.832 1.833

Changelog/download:
https://github.com/M66B/FairEmail/releases

With the work done for PGP signed-only messages, it was not very hard to add S/MIME signature verification and S/MIME decryption anymore. You'll need to import one or more keys into Android to use this. You can do this via the advanced Android security settings, which you can conveniently access with a button from the privacy settings of FairEmail.

Edit: it appeared that the Android key store cannot store public keys, so for now you'll need to select a public key file stored in PEM format to verify signatures. Selection of key files can be cancelled and the signature will still be verified, but there will be a message telling that the signature was unconfirmed. This is a temporary solution, until a proper key storage has been added (low priority).

Edit: since the certificate chain is verified, it is enough to show the name of the signer to see if the signature was okay. @gc01 is this alright in your opinion?

Please report any problem you discover, so it can be fixed.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd December 2019, 11:47 PM |#10802  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

I have just released 1.833
With the work done for PGP signed-only messages, it was not very hard to add S/MIME signature verification and S/MIME decryption anymore. You'll need to import one or more keys into Android to use this. ...

Edit: since the certificate chain is verified, it is enough to show the name of the signer to see if the signature was okay. @gc01 is this alright in your opinion? ...

Yes, I think that sounds reasonable.

Sorry - I haven't actually tried this yet - so may be dumb question - but Is there any mechanism to show further details on cert that was used to sign?
To clarify for myself - your comment on import keys into Android is presumably only for the user's private key right? For incoming email the public key is in the mail itself for s/mime (similar to autocrypt) so nothing to import.
The Following User Says Thank You to gc01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gc01 Ad-Free
3rd December 2019, 06:08 AM |#10803  
Thanks Meter: 83

More
If a new mail is to be sent, 'sign' (instead of 'send') is displayed under the send symbol.
3rd December 2019, 06:48 AM |#10804  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gc01

Yes, I think that sounds reasonable.

Sorry - I haven't actually tried this yet - so may be dumb question - but Is there any mechanism to show further details on cert that was used to sign?
To clarify for myself - your comment on import keys into Android is presumably only for the user's private key right? For incoming email the public key is in the mail itself for s/mime (similar to autocrypt) so nothing to import.

Only private keys need to be imported (into the Android key store).

The signer name will be displayed on verification of the signature.
3rd December 2019, 06:49 AM |#10805  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraschi51

If a new mail is to be sent, 'sign' (instead of 'send') is displayed under the send symbol.

If you enabled signing, yes.
The Following User Says Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd December 2019, 06:51 AM |#10806  
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Ah o.k., thanks.
3rd December 2019, 08:44 AM |#10807  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hi, I have now tested the new feature for sorting with the date header and it works very well.

I have read the FAQ and I have one question about shortcuts. When I long hold the app icon I get only displayed the compose shortcut. Is it also possible to have a shortcut to a certain account or better to its "Posteingang"?
3rd December 2019, 08:49 AM |#10808  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Two

Hi, I have now tested the new feature for sorting with the date header and it works very well.

I have read the FAQ and I have one question about shortcuts. When I long hold the app icon I get only displayed the compose shortcut. Is it also possible to have a shortcut to a certain account or better to its "Posteingang"?

There can be only a few entries in the launcher shortcut list, which will be used for a general compose action and to send a message to up to three frequently used email addresses.
3rd December 2019, 09:47 AM |#10809  
OP Recognized Developer

More
I have just released beta version 1.834

Changelog/download:
https://github.com/M66B/FairEmail/releases

S/MIME didn't appear to work correctly in release builds, which has been fixed in this version.

Please report any problem you discover, so it can be fixed.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd December 2019, 11:09 AM |#10810  
Thanks Meter: 145

More
Hi would be great if we could jump to the top if we long press on the middle Text like"Conversations/Inbox".
I didnt find a jump to top of a folder in the FAQ maybe i fail to see a existing option?

Sent from my motorola one zoom using XDA Labs
3rd December 2019, 11:11 AM |#10811  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by heisert

Hi would be great if we could jump to the top if we long press on the middle Text like"Conversations/Inbox".
I didnt find a jump to top of a folder in the FAQ maybe i fail to see a existing option?

There is a fast scroll for this.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, email, open source, privacy, security

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)