By M66B, Recognized Developer on 2nd August 2018, 03:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th December 2019, 07:58 AM |#10931  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 41,831

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrocketdog

@M66B , nice update. appreciate all your work & time.

Thanks. Nobody reported any problem, but I discovered one small problem myself: the status bar notification will not always show the right number of accounts and operations.

For such a big change, half of the sync service logic was completely rewritten, this is a really good result.

Edit: the problem appeared to be an edge case, which will rarely happen in practice, so I am upgrading the alpha version to a beta version.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th December 2019, 08:01 AM |#10932  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

Thanks. Nobody reported any problem, but I discovered one small problem myself: the status bar notification will not always show the right number of accounts and operations.

For such a big change, half of the sync service logic was completely rewritten, this is a really good result.

Love the ability to sync manually. Don't need all accounts syncing in real time. Thank you!! You are the Android rock star!
The Following User Says Thank You to nadir husain For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nadir husain Ad-Free
9th December 2019, 10:02 AM |#10933  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadir husain

Love the ability to sync manually. Don't need all accounts syncing in real time. Thank you!! You are the Android rock star!

Did you notice the accounts set to manually sync will be synchronized too when refreshing (pull down) the unified inbox?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th December 2019, 10:03 AM |#10934  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:

Did you notice the accounts set to manually sync will be synchronized too when refreshing (pull down) the unified inbox?

Fantastic !!thanks
9th December 2019, 10:14 AM |#10935  
Flag Sintra
Thanks Meter: 235

More
Quote:

@hteles if you like you can contact me for a test version with a folder search (long press 'Support' in the main navigation/hamburger menu for my email address)

Hi,
Just did.
Thank you very much.
The Following User Says Thank You to hteles For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hteles Ad-Free
9th December 2019, 01:35 PM |#10936  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I hope my question wasn't asked, at least I can't find an answer through the search.
The counter in the badget shows me new unread messages. If I mark read mails as unread mails, they are not displayed as counters in the badget.
This is different with K9. Is this a bug, or do I just not find the setting to change it?
9th December 2019, 01:40 PM |#10937  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangold2

I hope my question wasn't asked, at least I can't find an answer through the search.
The counter in the badget shows me new unread messages. If I mark read mails as unread mails, they are not displayed as counters in the badget.
This is different with K9. Is this a bug, or do I just not find the setting to change it?

In the notification settings you'll find "Let the number of new messages match the number of notifications".
You'll want to change this option according to your preferences.
The Following User Says Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th December 2019, 01:45 PM |#10938  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

In the notification settings you'll find "Let the number of new messages match the number of notifications".
You'll want to change this option according to your preferences.

Thanks, that's it, this option was enabled
10th December 2019, 08:36 AM |#10939  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HsHTCsen

When I'm connected to a VPN my email accounts detect suspicious activity from Fairmail auto sync and then I need to login to each account and re-identify my device.

This can be fixed by using a firewall, e.g. https://f-droid.org/en/packages/dev.ukanth.ufirewall

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

Quote:

I will give this some thought

Yet fixing this would probably solve my problem too: My mailserver is available only through VPN. Hence if VPN isn't ON then I'm left with annoying notification of failed connection.

Can we at least have a switch to turn this notification off? Thanks!
10th December 2019, 08:39 AM |#10940  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ildar_prophet

This can be fixed by using a firewall, e.g. https://f-droid.org/en/packages/dev.ukanth.ufirewall

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

Yet fixing this would probably solve my problem too: My mailserver is available only through VPN. Hence if VPN isn't ON then I'm left with annoying notification of failed connection.

Can we at least have a switch to turn this notification off? Thanks!

You can just disable the warning notification channel.

Note that the most recent version allows manually sync of individual accounts, which might be a solution for this.
10th December 2019, 09:30 AM |#10941  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:

You can just disable the warning notification channel.

unavailable in Android 7

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

Quote:

Note that the most recent version allows manually sync of individual accounts, which might be a solution for this.

Then I lose the sync while connection available?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, email, open source, privacy, security

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)