[APP][5.0+] FairEmail - Fully featured, open source, privacy oriented email app

20,231 posts
Thanks Meter: 41,916

By M66B, Recognized Developer on 2nd August 2018, 03:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th January 2020, 01:01 PM |#11911  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Sorry if I missed a post. I searched in last pages and couldn't find the answer.
How can I find the new "account usage statistic"?
14th January 2020, 01:05 PM |#11912  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoost

Sorry if I missed a post. I searched in last pages and couldn't find the answer.
How can I find the new "account usage statistic"?

In the list of accounts (Setup, step 1, Manage) and as percentage in the sub title of the folders list.
Note that not all providers support this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th January 2020, 03:25 PM |#11913  
OP Recognized Developer

More
The latest version is now publicly available in the Play store.

The next version will automatically download raw messages on saving/forwarding raw messages and show delivery notifications (returned messages) in the conversion thread where they belong (provided that the delivery notification contains the correct information).
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th January 2020, 03:33 PM |#11914  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

FairEmail updates existing notifications, please see here about why:

https://github.com/M66B/FairEmail/bl...content-faq126

However, they shouldn't disappear for this reason. If this happens, there is likely a bug in your Android version.

Thank you for the clarification. I'll see if I can tweak with the referenced settings.
14th January 2020, 03:48 PM |#11915  
Thanks Meter: 127

More
Quote:

Deleting a message from the server and adding an altered message again would theoretically be possible, but IMHO messages should not be altered and besides that it is a risky operation because the message could get lost.

IMHO - marcel is 100% correct. messages should never be altered.

This is wrong way to do this. it breaks DKIM

This is a very "bad" thing to do. Yes Thunderbird supports this, for historical reasons, but it's wrong.
When you 'delete' an attachment it's DKIM signature is changed - thus breaking the DKIM verification and making the message appear forged or spam.

You can easily see this as follows:
In thunderbird, install the Add-On 'DKIM Verifier' (you should be using this anyway)
Send yourself an email with an attachment - confirm that DKIM is verifying. Delete the attachment then in the bar above the message click (top right of bar)
More->Reverify DKIM Signature.
You'll now see it fails.

So if you do this and ever look at the email in the future it will fail DKIM and that's a very bad thing.

What you should do instead:

Forward the email to yourself and manually remove the attachment before you send it on - perhaps replying to yourself may work as well.

I have not tried this in FE - marcel is it easy to forward an email without the attachment(s) ?
The Following User Says Thank You to gc01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gc01 Ad-Free
14th January 2020, 03:53 PM |#11916  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gc01

I have not tried this in FE - marcel is it easy to forward an email without the attachment(s) ?

Yes, you can delete attachments on forwarding messages.
The Following User Says Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th January 2020, 03:56 PM |#11917  
Thanks Meter: 127

More
Quote:

Yes, you can delete attachments on forwarding messages.

Terrific.

Also if you forward the message, then you can add a note to yourself (deleted the attachment or whatever) - that way you won't be perplexed in the future wondering what happened to the attachment .
14th January 2020, 10:42 PM |#11918  
OP Recognized Developer

More
The next version will have an option to enable FTS, which will result in building an index for fast (near instant) on device searching.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th January 2020, 06:13 AM |#11919  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Until now I thought that even with the conversation view turned on, I would see EVERY new / unread mail in the unified inbox. Probably this was also the case, because I usually looked there as soon as a mail appeared. Now I had to discover that mails that came overnight, so I couldn't look for them immediately, are only displayed in the unified inbox if the conversation view is switched off. Otherwise you will only see them when you click on a reply to them. This is probably intentional behavior, isn't it?
15th January 2020, 06:53 AM |#11920  
Thanks Meter: 464

More
When I navigated to the Receive tab just now, I saw a dialogue box pop up for a fraction of a second, but I accidentally closed it by tapping elsewhere as I wasn't expecting it.

What could it have said?
15th January 2020, 07:45 AM |#11921  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraschi51

Until now I thought that even with the conversation view turned on, I would see EVERY new / unread mail in the unified inbox. Probably this was also the case, because I usually looked there as soon as a mail appeared. Now I had to discover that mails that came overnight, so I couldn't look for them immediately, are only displayed in the unified inbox if the conversation view is switched off. Otherwise you will only see them when you click on a reply to them. This is probably intentional behavior, isn't it?

The unified inbox will show all messages/conversations in the folders selected to be part of the unified inbox (by default the inbox of all accounts), independent of the read state of a message (unless you enabled a filter).
The Following User Says Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, email, open source, privacy, security

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)