20,987 posts
Thanks Meter: 44,061

By M66B, Recognized Developer on 2nd August 2018, 02:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th March 2020, 10:57 PM |#13421  
OP Recognized Developer

More
@ltGuillaume looking again at the screenshot I noticed that the [Gmail] folder is at an odd location. It should not "below" any other folder. How did this happen?
25th March 2020, 11:27 PM |#13422  
Thanks Meter: 1,047

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

@ltGuillaume looking again at the screenshot I noticed that the [Gmail] folder is at an odd location. It should not "below" any other folder. How did this happen?

I have not moved any of the folders, this is exactly how it was right after adding the account.

Quote:

Code:
Gmail:Forums & News/hgjgjkgj type=User subscribed=true selectable=true inferiors=true attrs=\HasNoChildren
The folder is 'selectable', so I don't understand why it is shown as disabled parent in the screenshot. Can you check again?
I have several of this type of folders and for me it is okay.

This subfolder "Forums & News/hgjgjkgj" is selectable, however, most mails are in "Forums & News", which is NOT selectable. Same thing goes for "Work" and "Notes".
Apart from that, I'm missing several other "top-level" labels, such as "Orders", including one sublabel, "Calls", "Money", "Registrations", and some more.

Quote:

You need to create the alias in the Gmail web interface too.

These have been in Gmail for years, so I didn't think to check if the "treat as alias" option was checked (it's not, so that's probably it, sry). Have to figure out what would be best here.

Edit: Okay, manually setting up the SMTP-server for those accounts while having FairEmail save the sent items in Gmail's Sent folder works nicely. Solved. Sorry, took me some time to realize how this would work and to remember how I set it up on Gmail all those years ago.

Edit2: Could you explain how Google's Safe Browsing is used by FairEmail? Is it actually used with the Safe Browsing Lookup API, or is it just a setting to toggle the WebView behavior or something?
26th March 2020, 07:37 AM |#13423  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltGuillaume

I have not moved any of the folders, this is exactly how it was right after adding the account.

This subfolder "Forums & News/hgjgjkgj" is selectable, however, most mails are in "Forums & News", which is NOT selectable. Same thing goes for "Work" and "Notes".
Apart from that, I'm missing several other "top-level" labels, such as "Orders", including one sublabel, "Calls", "Money", "Registrations", and some more.

These have been in Gmail for years, so I didn't think to check if the "treat as alias" option was checked (it's not, so that's probably it, sry). Have to figure out what would be best here.

Edit: Okay, manually setting up the SMTP-server for those accounts while having FairEmail save the sent items in Gmail's Sent folder works nicely. Solved. Sorry, took me some time to realize how this would work and to remember how I set it up on Gmail all those years ago.

Edit2: Could you explain how Google's Safe Browsing is used by FairEmail? Is it actually used with the Safe Browsing Lookup API, or is it just a setting to toggle the WebView behavior or something?

After I have made a nice cup of coffee I will look into your folder structure again. Something seems to be off and I like to understand what.

Google safe browsing, a setting for the WebView, will be off by default in the next version.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2020, 08:11 AM |#13424  
OP Recognized Developer

More
@ltGuillaume disable 'Synchronize subscribed folders only' in the advanced receive settings and your problem will likely be solved.
26th March 2020, 09:13 AM |#13425  
OP Recognized Developer

More
I have just released version 1.1058

Changelog/download:
https://github.com/M66B/FairEmail/releases

This is a release candidate for the next Play store release.
This version will be available in the Play store test program after Google's approval (which might take a few hours).

Please report any issue you discover, so it can be fixed.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2020, 12:47 PM |#13426  
Thanks Meter: 1,047

More
Quote:

@ltGuillaume disable 'Synchronize subscribed folders only' in the advanced receive settings and your problem will likely be solved.

You're right, that did it! Also, the [Gmail] root folder is now parent to Drafts/Sent/Trash/Spam/Starred/Chats/All Mail, instead of being a lost empty unselectable thingamajig. Thank you, this is great!

I wish I didn't also enable "Synchronize folder list" at the same time, though, now I don't know whether both enabling that one and disabling "Sync subscribed folders only" were necessary, or just one of them, but either way, I'm happy

Edit: I need to keep "Sync subscribed folders only" disabled for it to work, while "Synchronize folder list" can be disabled. This might be a great addition for the FAQ?
26th March 2020, 03:54 PM |#13427  
Thanks Meter: 111

More
I don't know how difficult it is to program, but in another mail app I just discovered that when you open a mail, the lower and upper app bar are colored, exactly in the color you assigned to the server (see also screenshots). So you can see much more clearly in which server you are with the opened mail. Would that be something for FE?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200326-153132.png
Views:	136
Size:	171.5 KB
ID:	4979337   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200326-153048.png
Views:	136
Size:	246.8 KB
ID:	4979339   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200326-153028.png
Views:	134
Size:	252.8 KB
ID:	4979341  
26th March 2020, 03:57 PM |#13428  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraschi51

I don't know how difficult it is to program, but in another mail app I just discovered that when you open a mail, the lower and upper app bar are colored, exactly in the color you assigned to the server (see also screenshots). So you can see much more clearly in which server you are with the opened mail. Would that be something for FE?

This was asked before and it is still on my to do list to look into.
I have to say I am not a fan of this kind of "bling-bling".
26th March 2020, 03:59 PM |#13429  
OP Recognized Developer

More
I have just released version 1.1058

Changelog/download:
https://github.com/M66B/FairEmail/releases

This versions adds message text language detection, which is available on Android 10+ only. The detected language will be shown in the expanded addresses section and will be used to remove multiple Re:s and Fwd:s.

I have been thinking to use the detected language for the reply header too, but I am not sure if this is a good idea. Any opinions on this?

Please report any issue you discover, so it can be fixed.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2020, 04:04 PM |#13430  
Thanks Meter: 111

More
Quote:

This was asked before and it is still on my to do list to look into.
I have to say I am not a fan of this kind of "bling-bling".

In FE you can only see the server by the colour stripe at the side of the mail-header. This disappears as soon as you scroll up with the mail text.
In the other app the color will ALWAYS be visible, even if you scroll the mail text.
26th March 2020, 04:07 PM |#13431  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraschi51

In FE you can only see the server by the colour stripe at the side of the mail-header. This disappears as soon as you scroll up with the mail text.
In the other app the color will ALWAYS be visible, even if you scroll the mail text.

The messages in a conversation do not have necessary the same color, which will be a practical problem.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, email, open source, privacy, security

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)