By M66B, Recognized Developer on 2nd August 2018, 02:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th March 2020, 04:07 PM |#13431  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 44,264

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraschi51

In FE you can only see the server by the colour stripe at the side of the mail-header. This disappears as soon as you scroll up with the mail text.
In the other app the color will ALWAYS be visible, even if you scroll the mail text.

The messages in a conversation do not have necessary the same color, which will be a practical problem.
26th March 2020, 04:23 PM |#13432  
Thanks Meter: 369

More
I just had to go to FairEmail settings to search for the left/right swipe options (which I could not find yet) and was pleasantly surprised by the many improvements Marcel made here. The sub-headings within each tab are very helpful. Great work Marcel and thank you for all the efforts and innumerable hours you have devoted to this project. Terrific app!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maybeme2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift maybeme2 Ad-Free
26th March 2020, 04:25 PM |#13433  
Thanks Meter: 111

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

The messages in a conversation do not have necessary the same color, which will be a practical problem.

Like in this conversation (see screenshot) consisting of three mails, in which two different servers are involved. When opened, each mail only results in exactly the same coloring as its server.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200326-161149.png
Views:	242
Size:	197.2 KB
ID:	4979375  
26th March 2020, 05:37 PM |#13434  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:

Like in this conversation (see screenshot) consisting of three mails, in which two different servers are involved. When opened, each mail only results in exactly the same coloring as its server.

How about displaying the conversation action bar at the bottom in the account color?

I have tried a vertical stripe alongside the messages at the end, but that looks ugly and overriding the theme colors is uneasy.
The Following User Says Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2020, 05:40 PM |#13435  
Thanks Meter: 111

More
Quote:

How about displaying the conversation action bar at the bottom in the account color?

Yeah, it's worth a shot.
26th March 2020, 05:41 PM |#13436  
Thanks Meter: 1,050

More
Quote:

This was asked before and it is still on my to do list to look into.
I have to say I am not a fan of this kind of "bling-bling".

Same here, I know I wouldn't like it

Quote:

I have just released version 1.1058This versions adds message text language detection, which is available on Android 10+ only. The detected language will be shown in the expanded addresses section and will be used to remove multiple Re:s and Fwd:s.

I have been thinking to use the detected language for the reply header too, but I am not sure if this is a good idea. Any opinions on this?

Please report any issue you discover, so it can be fixed.

I'm not sure how this would be privacy-wise. Does Android perform this detection fully offline?
26th March 2020, 05:42 PM |#13437  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:

Yeah, it's worth a shot.

Send me an email and I will send you a test version
26th March 2020, 05:46 PM |#13438  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltGuillaume

I'm not sure how this would be privacy-wise. Does Android perform this detection fully offline?

It works similar to suggesting conversation actions, by using an on-device neural network.
The Following User Says Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th March 2020, 09:11 AM |#13439  
OP Recognized Developer

More
If you were not yet convinced that FairEmail is important, this article might change your mind:

How Big Companies Spy on Your Emails
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th March 2020, 09:15 AM |#13440  
Quote:

If you were not yet convinced that FairEmail is important, this article might change your mind:

How Big Companies Spy on Your Emails

Yup. Having your own mail server helps also. Only bad thing is that for sending messages you would have to relay through a known provider. Otherwise most mail is considered spam due to spam filters that check for originator ip adress

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Mi 9T Pro met Tapatalk
27th March 2020, 09:23 AM |#13441  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scanno

Yup. Having your own mail server helps also. Only bad thing is that for sending messages you would have to relay through a known provider. Otherwise most mail is considered spam due to spam filters that check for originator ip adress

Sending messages yourself is problematic to say the least and the only feasible solution is using a third party to send messages. Indirectly, this is a kind of monopoly.

Given that people are not aware that their data is used in ways they don't want ("I did not know they were doing that"), Edison is violating the GDPR, for which they should get a huge fine IMHO.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, email, open source, privacy, security

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)