FORUMS

[APP][5.0+] FairEmail - Fully featured, open source, privacy oriented email app

21,537 posts
Thanks Meter: 45,562
 
By M66B, Recognized Developer on 2nd August 2018, 02:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd May 2020, 01:53 PM |#14491  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

I like to receive a raw message file of an example message if possible.



You can save a raw message file via the three-dots menu just above the message text and you can get my email address by long pressing 'Support' in the navigation menu.

I emailed you a raw message file example.

I see that when I show photos then in addition to showing them in line, the photos are shown as attachments at bottom. Clicking on the bottom photos shows them in the original resolution but this is not convenient for a long email with many photos. I would much prefer to see them in line with the text describing them.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
23rd May 2020, 06:27 PM |#14492  
Surfinette's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 228
 
More
Hello Marcel,

It seems that after most* app updates (GitHub), the "filter out" setting is set to Read, which is something I find annoying.
Is this set to Read by default?

* I said "most" because sometimes the Read box is not ticked after updating the app. I believe the Read option becomes ticked as a result of updating the app, because I never do it intentionally. But it often get ticked (against my will ) usually after update.
Is there any other reason why this setting would turn to Read without me doing it manually?
23rd May 2020, 06:31 PM |#14493  
fraschi51's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 140
 
More
Here the Read-Out Filter box has never been selected by itself.
23rd May 2020, 06:31 PM |#14494  
M66B's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 45,562
 
More
I have just released version 1.1173

Changelog/download:
https://github.com/M66B/FairEmail/releases

This version will open all images in an external viewer, so they can be viewed in full resolution. Data URI images will automatically be exported, which means they can be saved now (which was a feature asked for once or twice). Note that data URI images are not supported by all email clients and are therefore better not used.

The last used encryption method (PGP or S/MIME) will be stored into the selected identity now, which is another feature that was asked for occasionally.

The main reason this version was released is to fix/improve a workaround for server bugs.

Please report issue issue you discover, so it can be fixed.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd May 2020, 07:06 PM |#14495  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Swiping to hide a message also adds a star
I have set a left to right swipe to hide a message. I don't want to delete it because other devices need to see it in their inbox. I also have set in Behavior to Automatically add a star when snoozing messages. When I swipe to hide a message, it also gets a star added. If I uncheck Automatically add a star when snoozing messages, swiping to hide no longer adds a star. If I hide the message using any of the three dots menus, it does not get a star - only when I hide it by swiping.

Is this working as designed or a bug? It seems like Automatically add a star when snoozing should not cause a star when hiding.

Is there a better way to find snoozed messages than using a star on them?

Thanks,
Terry
Version 1.1154 from Google Play Store
23rd May 2020, 07:08 PM |#14496  
M66B's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 45,562
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnkclark

I have set a left to right swipe to hide a message. I don't want to delete it because other devices need to see it in their inbox. I also have set in Behavior to Automatically add a star when snoozing messages. When I swipe to hide a message, it also gets a star added. If I uncheck Automatically add a star when snoozing messages, swiping to hide no longer adds a star. If I hide the message using any of the three dots menus, it does not get a star - only when I hide it by swiping.

Is this working as designed or a bug? It seems like Automatically add a star when snoozing should not cause a star when hiding.

Is there a better way to find snoozed messages than using a star on them?

Thanks,
Terry
Version 1.1154 from Google Play Store

This is a bug, which will be fixed in the next release.

You can search for hidden messages (more options in the search dialog, you might need to scroll to the bottom).
23rd May 2020, 07:14 PM |#14497  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

This is a bug, which will be fixed in the next release.

You can search for hidden messages (more options in the search dialog, you might need to scroll to the bottom).

I'm trying to use a search for hidden and starred to find snoozed messages, so once the bug is fixed, that should work well.

Thanks for the fast response,
Terry
23rd May 2020, 07:18 PM |#14498  
M66B's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 45,562
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnkclark

I'm trying to use a search for hidden and starred to find snoozed messages, so once the bug is fixed, that should work well.

Thanks for the fast response,
Terry

@tnkclark if you contact me via here, I will provide you with a test version.
24th May 2020, 07:36 AM |#14499  
M66B's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 45,562
 
More
I have just released version 1.1174

Changelog/download:
https://github.com/M66B/FairEmail/releases

This unplanned release is to fix showing the tracking image marker, caused by changes in the previous release.

Another notable change is that you can now pan a zoomed in original message in all directions with one finger. The disadvantage of this is that you can't scroll up/down and swipe left/right to go to the previous message from within the original message view anymore. You can restore scrolling and swiping by zooming out again though and you can still scroll/swipe outside of the original message.

Please report issue issue you discover, so it can be fixed.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th May 2020, 08:15 AM |#14500  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Snooze in the notification?
Snooze, is it possible to get that function on the notifications?

Would be great if I for example see a message I need to reply to, but can't do it right now..
So instead of opening the email, and clicking snooze,I could just click snooze on the notification, and it would snooze the "default" time..
24th May 2020, 08:17 AM |#14501  
M66B's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 45,562
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBe77x

Snooze, is it possible to get that function on the notifications?

Would be great if I for example see a message I need to reply to, but can't do it right now..
So instead of opening the email, and clicking snooze,I could just click snooze on the notification, and it would snooze the "default" time..

Yes, you can, check the notification settings of FairEmail.
You can set the default snooze time in the behavior settings (it applies to swipe to snooze too).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, email, open source, privacy, security

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes