[CLOSED][APP][5.0+] FairEmail - Fully featured, open source, privacy oriented email app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
Yes. And FairEmail saved the information fine.

But when I try the app, get an error sending messages. I think the smtp settings are not being processed correctly by the server. I've asked my work support dept and they said it's a problem with the app and I should use another one :( . I'll ask them again if you have any further info/advice?

Thanks
What exactly is the error message?

nomadic11

Jul 4, 2008
What exactly is the error message?

Please see below (I removed email address):

Code:
Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:
Something went wrong and your message couldn't be delivered to the email address. Try resending the message. If that doesn't work, forward this message to your email admin.

For Email Administrators
This message couldn't be delivered to a group mailbox. Though this is likely a temporary service error, if someone encounters it repeatedly, then it may need to be addressed by an Office 365 service technician. In that case please create an Office 365 support ticket for this issue.

For more information, see DSN 5.7.103 Errors in Exchange Online and Office 365.

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: LO2P265MB1664.GBRP265.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM
Total retry attempts: 1

Remote Server returned '550 5.7.103 UserMailboxSentItemsAgent; Sent items copy failed due to a permanent error [Stage: OnPromotedEvent][Agent: User Mailbox Sent Items Agent]'

Original message headers:
Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
	boundary="_122afb7f-573c-4a77-bfbe-3ea746facbb1_"
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-MS-Exchange-UserMailbox-SentItem-Message: True
Subject: Fw:'Test 7'.
Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
X-MS-Exchange-Parent-Message-Id: <d3277f44-5f43-424e-8de3-e9cfa0eeea5b@localhost>
Auto-Submitted: auto-generated
X-MS-Exchange-Generated-Message-Source: UserMailboxSentItemsRoutingAgent
Message-ID: <50be1f72-6710-464d-8eed-11157da58881@LO2P265MB1664.GBRP265.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM>
X-MS-PublicTrafficType: Email
X-MS-TrafficTypeDiagnostic: LO2P265MB1664:|LO2P265MB1664:|LO2P265MB1664:
X-MS-Oob-TLC-OOBClassifiers: OLM:7219;
X-Forefront-Antispam-Report: SFV:SKI;SFS:;DIR:INB;SFP:;SCL:-1;SRVR:LO2P265MB1664;H:;FPR:;SPF:None;LANG:en;;SKIP:1;
X-Microsoft-Antispam-Message-Info: TZlGQobP7ONPxh17F9wG6hPum4gwdFU2LZp5N8lbO0eKnhv6DKpI6MPBj21VOnsARBWb4eY5dy8tjfmq9/pbua7lEdLffDz4Iijie0RM/E5xZbQ3biu5MLNaeRfbNNx4RZzhUPrRIgJ4lEUcxdwt/BhHicLJ38ZLnRm1Ji4CT/ort8RDuBiXJ+kqFfzFj9y6J9Z2mudnyRoH23Z77Md+mU7FbHyi3Vn01X12JEEGb1Bu18dj/YMtaHJAlxOgkpKQONLcns1h07QBYi2zimhzaVzH97si8FQCvpXmVuwwP1IStRIjVSDJ4YZ5alF8x4/u0cqbXJTUSDoxzLe+J8o0l98Ys6zzyj52RXoVTRSmmfBfqE7UeOGEkmKafMw4WGsR
X-MS-Exchange-Inbox-Rules-Loop: 
X-MS-Exchange-Transport-Forked: True
X-MS-Exchange-CrossTenant-Network-Message-Id: 65dc1f78-f230-4ac9-e790-08d73aaeebed
X-MS-Exchange-Transport-CrossTenantHeadersStamped: LO2P265MB1664

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
Please see below (I removed email address):

Code:
Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:
Something went wrong and your message couldn't be delivered to the email address. Try resending the message. If that doesn't work, forward this message to your email admin.

For Email Administrators
This message couldn't be delivered to a group mailbox. Though this is likely a temporary service error, if someone encounters it repeatedly, then it may need to be addressed by an Office 365 service technician. In that case please create an Office 365 support ticket for this issue.

For more information, see DSN 5.7.103 Errors in Exchange Online and Office 365.

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: LO2P265MB1664.GBRP265.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM
Total retry attempts: 1

Remote Server returned '550 5.7.103 UserMailboxSentItemsAgent; Sent items copy failed due to a permanent error [Stage: OnPromotedEvent][Agent: User Mailbox Sent Items Agent]'

Original message headers:
Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
	boundary="_122afb7f-573c-4a77-bfbe-3ea746facbb1_"
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-MS-Exchange-UserMailbox-SentItem-Message: True
Subject: Fw:'Test 7'.
Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
X-MS-Exchange-Parent-Message-Id: <d3277f44-5f43-424e-8de3-e9cfa0eeea5b@localhost>
Auto-Submitted: auto-generated
X-MS-Exchange-Generated-Message-Source: UserMailboxSentItemsRoutingAgent
Message-ID: <50be1f72-6710-464d-8eed-11157da58881@LO2P265MB1664.GBRP265.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM>
X-MS-PublicTrafficType: Email
X-MS-TrafficTypeDiagnostic: LO2P265MB1664:|LO2P265MB1664:|LO2P265MB1664:
X-MS-Oob-TLC-OOBClassifiers: OLM:7219;
X-Forefront-Antispam-Report: SFV:SKI;SFS:;DIR:INB;SFP:;SCL:-1;SRVR:LO2P265MB1664;H:;FPR:;SPF:None;LANG:en;;SKIP:1;
X-Microsoft-Antispam-Message-Info: TZlGQobP7ONPxh17F9wG6hPum4gwdFU2LZp5N8lbO0eKnhv6DKpI6MPBj21VOnsARBWb4eY5dy8tjfmq9/pbua7lEdLffDz4Iijie0RM/E5xZbQ3biu5MLNaeRfbNNx4RZzhUPrRIgJ4lEUcxdwt/BhHicLJ38ZLnRm1Ji4CT/ort8RDuBiXJ+kqFfzFj9y6J9Z2mudnyRoH23Z77Md+mU7FbHyi3Vn01X12JEEGb1Bu18dj/YMtaHJAlxOgkpKQONLcns1h07QBYi2zimhzaVzH97si8FQCvpXmVuwwP1IStRIjVSDJ4YZ5alF8x4/u0cqbXJTUSDoxzLe+J8o0l98Ys6zzyj52RXoVTRSmmfBfqE7UeOGEkmKafMw4WGsR
X-MS-Exchange-Inbox-Rules-Loop: 
X-MS-Exchange-Transport-Forked: True
X-MS-Exchange-CrossTenant-Network-Message-Id: 65dc1f78-f230-4ac9-e790-08d73aaeebed
X-MS-Exchange-Transport-CrossTenantHeadersStamped: LO2P265MB1664
It seems pretty clear to me that this is not caused by FairEmail:

For Email Administrators

nomadic11

Jul 4, 2008
It seems pretty clear to me that this is not caused by FairEmail:

But what's strange is that when using the lineagaOS default email app, I can send emails fine. But not with FairEmail with the same work account.

I'll try again with my work support as I think it's do with the smtp settings. (The lineageOS default email app only asks for imap incoming server settings and doesn't ask for smtp info).
Edit: Just to add, at work we have our own email domain, which connects to office365

gc01

Jul 17, 2019
But what's strange is that when using the lineagaOS default email app, I can send emails fine. But not with FairEmail with the same work account.

I'll try again with my work support as I think it's do with the smtp settings. (The lineageOS default email app only asks for imap incoming server settings and doesn't ask for smtp info).
Edit: Just to add, at work we have our own email domain, which connects to office365

To be clear - using a different client but sending to that same "group" mailbox works?

Can we double check the basics first.

(i) When you set up the sending identity - I assume the smtp server name and port are ok (are they?)
(ii) what about the server mail auth type - is it STARTTLS and plain?
(iii) Can you also double check your credentials (user name, password) as well just to be sure.

Don't share them here, please just double check they are all correct.

Reactions: beeshyams and M66B

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
Confirmed, but only for newly moved emails and only if they are moved by fairemail.
Why is Via: and not From: used?
Yes, you'll have to resync messages to let FairEmail match identities again.

'from' is just an email address that could be of anybody, so FairEmail checks if the from is a known identity to know it is a message from you.

Did you notice that also the sent message symbol is being shown?

jaholm

Jan 7, 2016
Germany
Yes, you'll have to resync messages to let FairEmail match identities again.

'from' is just an email address that could be of anybody, so FairEmail checks if the from is a known identity to know it is a message from you.

Did you notice that also the sent message symbol is being shown?

resync is the magic word. After syncing not all messages got the Via: line asn was shown correctly. But after "Delete local massages" and another resync all was fine.
The sent message symbol which are displayed on every Mails is a nice idea!!

---------- Post added at 15:25 ---------- Previous post was at 15:19 ----------

HI,

after playing around with my archived mail I wished I hat the function "Collapse all folders" in the folder view in an account. Not a very important wish, but it would make life easier if you have a lot of tree structures.

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
trashed messages are shown in threaded view, wehere can I disable this?

also thunderbird drafts are kind of unread and also clutter threaded view.
Trashed messages are part of a conversation and are therefore always be shown. If you don't want this, consider to permanently delete the trashed messages. One day you might actually be happy about this because it will make finding accidentally trashed messages back much easier. It won't be often that you delete a message from a conversation anyway, so IMHO this can't be a big problem.

Similarly, drafts are part of a conversation too. IMHO it would be even awkward if draft messages were not shown as part of a conversation.

IMHO Thunderbird should not store draft messages unread.

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
Somebody suggested to not embed the forwarded message text as quote, but just embed it as is. Is this a good idea?

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
@M66B ,. GREAT to see an easy gmail setup in the recent update!:cool:
Thanks.

Some background: since I successfully went through a lengthy verification process with Google anyway, I even had to make a number of videos and upload them to YouTube, and Gmail accounts were notoriously difficult to setup and even then not always worked reliably, I have indeed decided to bring this feature back. Due to some structural changes a few weeks earlier and the work done on this in the past, this wasn't very difficult anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ic_launcher.png

FairEmail
    Open source, privacy friendly email app for Android

banner7_long.png

See here for a description:
    https://github.com/M66B/open-source-email/

See here for screenshots:
    https://email.faircode.eu/#screenshots

Downloads:
    https://github.com/M66B/open-source-email#user-content-downloads

Frequently asked questions:
    https://github.com/M66B/open-source-email/blob/master/FAQ.md

Please read this before requesting a new feature:
    https://github.com/M66B/FairEmail/blob/master/FAQ.md#user-content-get-support

This XDA thread is about using the latest version of FairEmail.

For support on authorizing an account, you should consult the documentation of your provider, see also here.

Off-topic comments are allowed as long they are related to FairEmail and are in the general interest of the followers of this thread.

Discussion of purchases is not allowed here, please contact me via here instead.
    How was the call with Google today, Marcel?

Google was pretty friendly and cooperative and told me the favicons are indeed the problem, and it can/should be fixed by updating in the privacy policy to "disclose how your app accesses, collects, uses, and shares user data":

Privacy Policy​

All apps must post a privacy policy in both the designated field in Play Console and within the app itself. The privacy policy must, together with any in-app disclosures, comprehensively disclose how your app accesses, collects, uses, and shares user data, not limited by the data disclosed in the Data Safety section. This must include:
    • developer information and a privacy point of contact or a mechanism to submit inquiries
    • disclosing the types of personal and sensitive user data your app accesses, collects, uses, and shares; and any parties with which any personal or sensitive user data is shared
    • secure data handling procedures for personal and sensitive user data
    • the developer’s data retention and deletion policy
    • clear labeling as a privacy policy (e.g., listed as “privacy policy” in title)
    The entity (e.g., developer, company) named in the app’s Google Play listing must appear in the privacy policy or the app must be named in the privacy policy. Apps that do not access any personal and sensitive user data must still submit a privacy policy.

Please make sure your privacy policy is available on an active URL (no PDFs) and is non-editable.

So, I have updated the privacy policy and added this new table:

https://github.com/M66B/FairEmail/blob/master/PRIVACY.md#summary-of-shared-data

I am not sure if it covers everything, so feedback is more than welcome. @mkasimd maybe you can take a look?

Note that I have also enabled BIMI, Gravatars, Libravatars and favicons for the Play store version again.

The short term goal is to release a Play store test version (and associated GitHub version) and to get the update approved. I will think about the next steps after this has been accomplished. Given the huge number of supportive messages I received (much appreciated!) the project will be continued in some form in any case.
    Version 1.1900 is available on GitHub now and in the Play store test program after Google's approval (which is the main goal of this release).

Changelog/download:
    https://github.com/M66B/FairEmail/releases

My girlfriend is slowly recovering too :)
    It is time for a new, modern, open source, privacy friendly email client for Android.

I have just released a first alpha version for feedback on the design and features.

Not for production use yet!

Most of the stuff basically works, but be prepared for crashes and error notifications.

Safe email is a working name, but it is for several reasons not a convenient name, so suggestions for a name are welcome.
    I have just released alpha version 0.15

Changelog/download:
    https://github.com/M66B/open-source-email/releases

With a bit of luck the next version can be a beta version.

I am putting a lot of effort into this project, so thanks are appreciated.