By M66B, Recognized Developer on 2nd August 2018, 02:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th August 2018, 06:13 PM |#501  
Flag NY
Thanks Meter: 271

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

This will be fixed in the next release. This error message will be suppressed and the app will try to restore the connection later (with a logarithmic back-off).

Thanks very much @M66B!*- I just purchased the pro features via the Google Play Store to ensure that it will survive ROM updates, different phones, etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to dorqus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dorqus Ad-Free

27th August 2018, 06:42 PM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Quote:

If you are using the latest version, please send me a log file (via 'about').

Same for me, using mailbox.org and v0.26. Do you still need a log file?

Edit: I mean the message "Attempt to invoke virtual method 'int java.lang.String.lenght()'"
27th August 2018, 06:43 PM |#503  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 34,994

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geronimoge

Same for me, using mailbox.org and v0.26. Do you still need a log file?

What was this about?
27th August 2018, 06:46 PM |#504  

More
Quote:

What was this about?

Sorry, i mean the message "Attempt to invoke virtual method 'int java.lang.String.lenght()'" for the folders inbox and trash
27th August 2018, 07:02 PM |#505  
OP Recognized Developer

More
I have just released beta version 0.27

Changelog/download:
https://github.com/M66B/open-source-email/releases

This version will be available in the Play store too after Google's approval.

@geronimoge the bug you wanted to report should be fixed in this version.

This version fixes all reported bugs and adds two new big features: Gmail OAauth and standard answers.

Gmail OAuth is available as 'Select account' in the account dialog. If needed you are requested to grant the GET_ACCOUNTS permission, which seems to be illogically grouped under READ_CONTACTS. If you have already granted READ_CONTACTS permission or if you are using Android O or later, no permissions are required and requested (although I have not been able to test this because my Nexus 5x "ist kaput", so reports if this works properly on Android O/P are very welcome). Hopefully this new feature stops the questions about how to login to Gmail.

The FAQ lists all the mandatory and optional permissions and the reason why they are needed:
https://github.com/M66B/open-source-...er/FAQ.md#FAQ1

As you can image, I get a lot of email. As you likely know, I prefer to answer questions in a personal way. However, lots of the same questions are asked over and over again, so it is rather convenient for me to have at least a standard answer template, so I don't have to type more or less the same response over and over again. I guess many of you have an application for standard answers in more or less the same fashion as well. Standard answers will be a pro feature in the next release. Should 'standard answer' be called 'standard replies' ?

The goal is to work to a first stable version now, so bigger new features have to wait.

XDA thanks, donations and purchases are appreciated.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2018, 07:11 PM |#506  

More
Quote:

I have just released beta version 0.27

Changelog/download:
https://github.com/M66B/open-source-email/releases

This version will be available in the Play store too after Google's approval.

@geronimoge the bug you wanted to report should be fixed in this version.

This version fixes all reported bugs and adds two new big features: Gmail OAauth and standard answers.

Gmail OAuth is available as 'Select account' in the account dialog. If needed you are requested to grant the GET_ACCOUNTS permission, which seems to be illogically grouped under READ_CONTACTS. If you have already granted READ_CONTACTS permission or if you are using Android O or later, no permissions are required and requested (although I have not been able to test this because my Nexus 5x "ist kaput", so reports if this works properly on Android O/P are very welcome). Hopefully this new feature stops the questions about how to login to Gmail.

The FAQ lists all the mandatory and optional permissions and the reason why they are needed:
https://github.com/M66B/open-source-...er/FAQ.md#FAQ1

As you can image, I get a lot of email. As you likely know, I prefer to answer questions in a personal way. However, lots of the same questions are asked over and over again, so it is rather convenient for me to have at least a standard answer template, so I don't have to type more or less the same response over and over again. I guess many of you have an application for standard answers in more or less the same fashion as well. Standard answers will be a pro feature in the next release. Should 'standard answer' be called 'standard replies' ?

The goal is to work to a first stable version now, so bigger new features have to wait.

XDA thanks, donations and purchases are appreciated.

Thanks a lot, just purchased!
The Following User Says Thank You to geronimoge For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift geronimoge Ad-Free
27th August 2018, 09:26 PM |#507  
Flag NY

More
So in my main email account I use a lot of folders on (It's a vanity domain hosted on Google Apps, so I'm using Gmail as my provider). I have FairEmail set to sync several folders, but yet when I open them from the app, it shows no message, even though there are definitely messages in them, even from today (For most of them I have it set to sync seven days, which is the default). Is there any way to force a folder refresh via pull down or some other method? I tried turning off WiFi and Mobile Data, waiting a few minutes then turning it back on, but that didn't help. I'm running version 0.27.
27th August 2018, 09:31 PM |#508  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorqus

So in my main email account I use a lot of folders on (It's a vanity domain hosted on Google Apps, so I'm using Gmail as my provider). I have FairEmail set to sync several folders, but yet when I open them from the app, it shows no message, even though there are definitely messages in them, even from today (For most of them I have it set to sync seven days, which is the default). Is there any way to force a folder refresh via pull down or some other method? I tried turning off WiFi and Mobile Data, waiting a few minutes then turning it back on, but that didn't help. I'm running version 0.27.

First of all consider to send me a log file (via 'about').

You can force refresh folders by long pressing a folder since a few versions.
27th August 2018, 09:34 PM |#509  
Flag NY

More
Quote:

First of all consider to send me a log file (via 'about').

You can force refresh folders by long pressing a folder since a few versions.

long pressing on the folder does nothing - debug info sent. Thanks!
It just shows a cloud with a line through it and no messages in the folder.
27th August 2018, 09:41 PM |#510  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorqus

long pressing on the folder does nothing - debug info sent. Thanks!
It just shows a cloud with a line through it and no messages in the folder.

Just have a little patience. There is a wait to reconnect to not overflow the server with requests (and to be locked out). I have already made a change to make this smoother in the next version because the wait is not necessary in all circumstances.

Edit: see the legend about what the cloud with a line through it means.

It is also on my to do list to show if a folder is syncing.
The Following User Says Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2018, 09:47 PM |#511  
Flag NY

More
Quote:

Just have a little patience. There is a wait to reconnect to not overflow the server with requests (and to be locked out). I have already made a change to make this smoother in the next version because the wait is not necessary in all circumstances.

Edit: see the legend about what the cloud with a line through it means.

It is also on my to do list to show if a folder is syncing.

Ok thank you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)