Post Reply Email Thread
16th May 2019, 11:15 AM |#6011  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 34,909

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladsol

Yes, I have just upgraded to 1.492 and problem is reproducable in 100% cases
I have just sent the debug message to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ths180

Hello,

you open a message and then rotate?

This problem is being caused by a small bug in the new list caching and occurs only when you have enabled the advanced option 'Automatically go to next conversation on close conversation'. It will be fixed in the next release.

Edit: fixed in the just released beta version 1.493

Changelog/download:
https://github.com/M66B/open-source-email/releases
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]

16th May 2019, 12:32 PM |#6012  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi, anyone know how to disable notifications vibration? I have disabled vibrations on notifications channels on android but it's not working with FairEmail. My sound profile is "Vibration". It was working good with Aquamail -only sound on Sound profil and only notification when phone was on Vibration profile.
Note 9, stock android Pie.
16th May 2019, 12:37 PM |#6013  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by juzek666

Hi, anyone know how to disable notifications vibration? I have disabled vibrations on notifications channels on android but it's not working with FairEmail. My sound profile is "Vibration". It was working good with Aquamail -only sound on Sound profil and only notification when phone was on Vibration profile.
Note 9, stock android Pie.

Go to the setup screen via the main navigation menu. In the setup screen navigation menu there is an entry 'Manage notifications' to go to the FairEmail notification channels. You'll need to disable vibration for the 'Notification' channel, or if you created channels for folders (new in latest release) or sender's email addresses, you'll need to disable vibrations for these channels.
The Following User Says Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th May 2019, 01:17 PM |#6014  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Hello Marcel,

where can I setup the Periodically sync interval for folders?

Thank you very much,

Thomas
16th May 2019, 01:20 PM |#6015  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:

Hello Marcel,

where can I setup the Periodically sync interval for folders?

Folders will be synchronized continuous, unless set to poll (which will be done for Gmail user folders by default) or when the provider doesn't support push messages. The poll interval can be configured in the account settings (not per folder).

You can also synchronize all accounts periodically, which can be configured in the advanced options.
16th May 2019, 01:23 PM |#6016  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

Folders will be synchronized continuous, unless set to poll (which will be done for Gmail user folders by default) or when the provider doesn't support push messages. The poll interval can be configured in the account settings (not per folder).

You can also synchronize all accounts periodically, which can be configured in the advanced options.

So the keep alive poll setting is the folder sync if not push, right?
16th May 2019, 01:24 PM |#6017  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:

So the keep alive poll setting is the folder sync if not push, right?

Yes, it is. Maybe this should be clarified.

Edit: the English text is "Keep-alive/poll interval (minutes)", maybe the translation is incorrect?
16th May 2019, 01:29 PM |#6018  

More
Quote:

Yes, it is. Maybe this should be clarified.

Edit: the English text is "Keep-alive/poll interval (minutes)", maybe the translation is incorrect?

Manuelles synchronisieren
Poll is difficult for non profis
16th May 2019, 01:30 PM |#6019  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:

Manuelles synchronisieren
Poll is difficult for non profis

How about this hint text: "Interval to refresh connection for push messages or interval to check for new messages" ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th May 2019, 01:31 PM |#6020  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Go to the setup screen via the main navigation menu. In the setup screen navigation menu there is an entry 'Manage notifications' to go to the FairEmail notification channels. You'll need to disable vibration for the 'Notification' channel, or if you created channels for folders (new in latest release) or sender's email addresses, you'll need to disable vibrations for these channels.

Thank you for your answer Marcel. But unfortunately i already have disabled vibration on channel Notifications (and on 2 others - Warnings, Errors).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190516_141651.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	207.6 KB
ID:	4759779  
16th May 2019, 01:38 PM |#6021  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by juzek666

Thank you for your answer Marcel. But unfortunately i already have disabled vibration on channel Notifications (and on 2 others - Warnings, Errors).

On Android versions with notifications channels (Android 8 Oreo and later) apps have no control over how notifications are displayed/behave after the initial creation of the notification channel. The whole intention of the notification channels is to put the user, you, in control of notifications, not apps. So, you'll have to dig deeper into the Android notification settings to get this resolved.

You could try to uninstall and install FairEmail again as this will delete all notification channels and recreate them with the default attributes. FairEmail doesn't touch the vibration attribute, as you can see here, so the default will be the system default.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)