Thanks Meter: 36,917

By M66B, Recognized Developer on 2nd August 2018, 02:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd May 2019, 12:07 PM |#6171  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraschi51

You have always minimum two options for reply (if you have templates) - so you can't go directly to reply.

That's exactly what JJ111 means. If you have no templates, you could choose to reply directly, without a menu.
The Following User Says Thank You to ths180 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ths180 Ad-Free

22nd May 2019, 12:08 PM |#6172  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 251

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

Please see this FAQ about the dots:

https://github.com/M66B/open-source-...content-faq101

Ah, thanks, if it shows the position, than why can I manually swipe it to the left/right side?

Since the dot, as well as the new markers (to go to the end and to the beginning of an email) are in the way / in front of the text when reading the email, would it be possible to add a toggle to turn them off?

That would make reading easier and I don't need those three things...

"That's exactly what JJ111 means. If you have no templates, you could choose to reply directly, without a menu."

@ths180 yes, exactly what I meant 😉
I don't use any templates...
22nd May 2019, 12:10 PM |#6173  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ111

Ah, thanks, if it shows the position, than why can I manually swipe it to the left/right side?

Since the dot, as well as the new markers (to go to the end and to the beginning of an email) are in the way / in front of the text when reading the email, would it be possible to add a toggle to turn them off?

That would make reading easier and I don't need those three things...

Messages can be scrolled up sufficiently to not have the up/down button in the way.
The position marker is very small, so IMHO it is not worth to add an option for this.
22nd May 2019, 12:24 PM |#6174  
Flag Dresden
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:

Manual sync works properly, but the maximum duration is 60 seconds, which might not be enough to execute all operations and complete the initial synchronization in your case.

Operations will be execute when the account/folder is connected.

So, enable automatic synchronization for now and see what happens. You can switch to manual synchronization later.

That's pretty strange. Meanwhile I added my third mail account, and left the phone charging / connected to WiFi for the last hour. Outcome: The phone is hot and almost unresponsive, some of the operations have been terminated (after running for more than one hour), but there are new operations (for my GMail account) that started almost exactly one hour ago, still pending. Should they take *that* long...?
22nd May 2019, 12:27 PM |#6175  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kr428

That's pretty strange. Meanwhile I added my third mail account, and left the phone charging / connected to WiFi for the last hour. Outcome: The phone is hot and almost unresponsive, some of the operations have been terminated (after running for more than one hour), but there are new operations (for my GMail account) that started almost exactly one hour ago, still pending. Should they take *that* long...?

Did you already check if the accounts/folders are connected?

Did you upgrade to the latest release?

Which operations are pending?

Isn't the device hot due to charging?
22nd May 2019, 12:32 PM |#6176  
Flag Dresden

More
Quote:

Did you already check if the accounts/folders are connected?

Did you upgrade to the latest release?

Which operations are pending?

Isn't the device hot due to charging?

Upgraded to latest release: Yes.
Folders connected: Yes, for all accounts.
Pending operations: Syncs for three folders (GMail - "All messages", GMail - "Spam", GMail - "Sent").
Device hot during charging: Well, usually not. It usually *does* get a bit warmer but not to a point where it feels uncomfortable to touch it.

That aside right now while trying to check if folders are connected, the app got force-closed twice before I managed to make it through the menu.
22nd May 2019, 12:36 PM |#6177  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:

Upgraded to latest release: Yes.
Folders connected: Yes, for all accounts.
Pending operations: Syncs for three folders (GMail - "All messages", GMail - "Spam", GMail - "Sent").
Device hot during charging: Well, usually not. It usually *does* get a bit warmer but not to a point where it feels uncomfortable to touch it.

That aside right now while trying to check if folders are connected, the app got force-closed twice before I managed to make it through the menu.

Please send me the debug info by long pressing 'Support'.
22nd May 2019, 12:49 PM |#6178  
Flag Dresden

More
Quote:

Please send me the debug info by long pressing 'Support'.

Done so. In the current situation, it takes close to 2min for the app to, on long-pressing Support, open the actual message template, and a bit longer to send it out. Thoroughly strange.
22nd May 2019, 01:00 PM |#6179  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:

Done so. In the current situation, it takes close to 2min for the app to, on long-pressing Support, open the actual message template, and a bit longer to send it out. Thoroughly strange.

Looking at the log files, it looks like FairEmail is being stopped/killed frequently.

Please make sure you did disable battery optimizations for FairEmail (one of the setup steps) and please check your device here: https://dontkillmyapp.com/

Also, update to the latest version: https://github.com/M66B/open-source-email/releases/

Edit: I noticed another strange thing: the service seems to be initialized multiple times. Are you using multiple device/user profiles or multiple instances of FairEmail somehow? Normally, Android can initialize FairEmail only once.
22nd May 2019, 01:04 PM |#6180  
Thanks Meter: 557

More
Some things I just realized:

I have a two weeks old conversation of one outgoing mail and one incoming reply to that message.
There are two identities for the same mail account with different names and email addresses.

Bug 1:
The outgoing mail shows in the collapsed conversation view the name of identity 2, but the correct mail address of identity 1.

When I open the address details of the mail the correct name of identity 1 is shown.

Bug 2:
Since I thought this might have been an issue with syncing, I tried to sync this message again from the sub menu of the mail.
Nothing happened and the mail did not appear in the conversation list again. I checked the folder settings and saw, that the sent folder syncs only one day.
Resyncing the whole sent folder made the message appear again.

I understand in retrospect that a two weeks old mail won't sync automatically with a one day sync setting off the folder, but I thought that a manual sync would override/ignore such a setting.
Some users might not know/understand why the message is gone and does not reappear again.

Bug 3:
The message was now back again in the conversation list after syncing the whole sent folder, but the sorting changed. After the sync the older (outgoing) message was on top and the reply below that.
Before the resync it was shown the other way around with the newest at the top.
22nd May 2019, 01:05 PM |#6181  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 293

More
@M66B

Message scrolling arrows introduced now a) Look ugly (maybe small triangle or something else is an option and b) can be moved up in line with "show original",so that they don't obstruct text

What does the latest "rule matching" do? Could you please explain?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, email, open source, privacy, security

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)