By M66B, Recognized Developer on 2nd August 2018, 02:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st June 2019, 06:08 PM |#6671  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 36,946

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraschi51

At gmx.com or individual provider only "network error" after checking in the lower line in each case I tried.

Can you please reproduce this and send me the debug info immediately after it by long pressing 'Support' in the main navigation menu?

21st June 2019, 06:21 PM |#6672  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
The long press on 'Help' unfortunately doesn't work like before and creates the support mail, but brings me to the Fairemail page on Github in my browser.
21st June 2019, 06:23 PM |#6673  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:

The long press on 'Help' unfortunately doesn't work like before and creates the support mail, but brings me to the Fairemail page on Github in my browser.

The debug info was moved to long pressing 'Support' in the main navigation (hamburger) menu a while ago.
21st June 2019, 06:28 PM |#6674  

More
Support is in German 'Hilfe' or? Now it worked as expected and went out as a mail to you. I hope that all needed information is still in the logs.
21st June 2019, 06:33 PM |#6675  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:

Support is in German 'Hilfe' or? Now it worked as expected and went out as a mail to you. I hope that all needed information is still in the logs.

I would expect 'Unterst├╝tzung' as translation of 'Support', but my German is not that good.

Code:
06-21 18:28:58.078 20463 20754 I fairemail: Lookup dns=_imaps._tcp.gmx.de @/8.8.8.8:53
Looking up the servers for gmx.de works for me.
Are you blocking stuff with NetGuard?
21st June 2019, 06:37 PM |#6676  

More
Ah yes, with the translation you are probably right ... it have to change ... Netguard is completely deactivated - and as I said the manual account creation also works, only the quick settings don't.
21st June 2019, 07:02 PM |#6677  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:

Ah yes, with the translation you are probably right ... it have to change ... Netguard is completely deactivated - and as I said the manual account creation also works, only the quick settings don't.

For some reason the DNS lookup is being blocked.
I am afraid I cannot fix this.
21st June 2019, 07:49 PM |#6678  
Flag Hartland, WI
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Trouble sending to Gmail
I am having no success sending to any Gmail account.
I have set the domain name for both the IMAP & SMTP servers in settings, but that does not help either. The server is not my domain name and possibly that is the problem.

Here is a sample email sent from FairEmail.
Code:
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2019 16:27:11 +0000 (UTC)
To: Scott Friedemann <[email protected]>
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Subject: Fair test
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; 
	boundary="----=_Part_18_152855909.1561134431565"
X-FairEmail-ID: <[email protected]>

------=_Part_18_152855909.1561134431565
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hope it  is

------=_Part_18_152855909.1561134431565
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html>
 <head></head>
 <body>
  <p dir="ltr"><b>Hope it</b> is</p> 
 </body>
</html>

------=_Part_18_152855909.1561134431565--
The string 'localhost' appears and Google considers that bad practice, but since many people are using FairEmail, and many of the their recipients are almost certainly Gmail users, and no such problems are being reported here, maybe I'm missing something else.
21st June 2019, 07:56 PM |#6679  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomSF

I am having no success sending to any Gmail account.
I have set the domain name for both the IMAP & SMTP servers in settings, but that does not help either. The server is not my domain name and possibly that is the problem.

Here is a sample email sent from FairEmail.

The string 'localhost' appears and Google considers that bad practice, but since many people are using FairEmail, and many of the their recipients are almost certainly Gmail users, and no such problems are being reported here, maybe I'm missing something else.

The localhost is part of the message ID and is likely not relevant to your problem.

Sending email is done by the SMTP server and out of the scope of FairEmail. If an email arrives, depends on many factors, but not really on the email client being used. Your email reputation and the provider's reputation (which one?) are the main factors.
21st June 2019, 07:59 PM |#6680  
Flag Hartland, WI
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

The localhost is part of the message ID and is likely not relevant to your problem.

Sending email is done by the SMTP server and out of the scope of FairEmail. If an email arrives, depends on many factors, but not really on the email client being used. Your email reputation and the provider's reputation (which one?) are the main factors.

Thanks for the quick reply, but I think I've fixed it. I unchecked the 'Use local IP address instead of server name' and the emails go right through. I think my email reputation is OK as I can send from three other desktop and Android clients.

In any case, it's working now.
Great app.
21st June 2019, 11:32 PM |#6681  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
congrats
Congratulations! This is really a fine application, well crafted and full of useful features. It made me abandon K-9 after many years. I was not aware that it was not publicly available on the PlayStore so far. Keep up the good work!

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

What is the setting to display inline images (attached) like in the PlayStore screenshot? Recently I received an email with a couple of photos attached (no other body text), and I had to either download them or click the "eye" symbol for each attached picture to display them individually. The email only showed a list of jpg files after activating "display inline attachments".
The Following User Says Thank You to dnsroot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dnsroot Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, email, open source, privacy, security

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)