Thanks Meter: 36,022

By M66B, Recognized Developer on 2nd August 2018, 02:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th July 2019, 07:39 PM |#7171  
Thanks Meter: 218

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

I have considered to put a similar remark in each sent message if the pro features are not activated, but I am afraid people will complain and rate low for it.

How about put the message in the non-pro version with an option to remove or modify it.

I'm searching how to put such a message as we speak.

12th July 2019, 07:44 PM |#7172  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maybeme2

How about put the message in the non-pro version with an option to remove or modify it.

I'm searching how to put such a message as we speak.

Setup > Manage identities > Tap an identity > Signature

Maybe that could be set to a default too to promote FairEmail. I will think about that.

Edit: maybe "Sent with a privacy friendly email app: FairEmail" ?
The Following User Says Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th July 2019, 07:48 PM |#7173  
Thanks Meter: 218

More
I had found it already.
Trying
"Sent with FairEmail, an opensource email app for those who value their privacy."
12th July 2019, 08:00 PM |#7174  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:

Bluemail has that.
It is easy to turn off, but many people are too lazy . . .
12th July 2019, 08:26 PM |#7175  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
If you insert a corresponding note in every mail sent with FairEmail by default, then it should be separated from the actual mail text by a "correct" signature - and then I would have to remove my own signature again ...
12th July 2019, 08:32 PM |#7176  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraschi51

If you insert a corresponding note in every mail sent with FairEmail by default, then it should be separated from the actual mail text by a "correct" signature - and then I would have to remove my own signature again ...

The signature will be set to a default on adding a new identity, also when using the quick setup, and existing signatures will be left alone.

I am not sure yet if existing empty signatures should be replaced by a default.

The default text is already available for translation on Crowdin.
12th July 2019, 08:44 PM |#7177  
Thanks Meter: 522

More
Quote:

Your next project Marcel?

The future looks bright, so many angles e-mail is developed on: https://blog.mozilla.org/thunderbird...and-deltachat/
The Following User Says Thank You to Licaon_Kter For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Licaon_Kter Ad-Free
13th July 2019, 03:51 AM |#7178  

More
Marcel, if you want to introduce a default signature - whether for new identities or empty signatures of existing identities - I think you have to
1. ask the user, like this: I would like to make FairEmail better known and therefore put the following text in the signature under each e-mail you write with this identity "...". Is that o.k. for you? YES / NO.
2. completely rewrite the signature handling. Because with a central, program-side signature, this would not only have to be displayed to the user in the draft, but he would also have to be able to edit it for individual e-mails or delete it completely. This editing of the signature would then of course also have to be saved in the same way (in the outbox) and would not then be replaced by the default signature when sending.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fraschi51 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fraschi51 Ad-Free
13th July 2019, 05:50 AM |#7179  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 277

More
Quote:

If you have suggestions to promote FairEmail in a nice way, please let me know.

I would suggest taking some time to answer questions related to Email on Stack Exchange Android Enthusiasts. It does have a decent readership but more importantly draws tons of Google search results (I am saying this with the knowledge of being a moderator in the past and having insight into facts) . Without revealing percentages, let me assure you that Google search is #1 draw to the site, miles ahead of other options. And while you are at it, you can address XPrivacyLua related aspects too

I would have done it but my on line activities are severely restricted for other reasons

Signature idea discussed later in the thread stinks. No offense to anyone. It will only help you getting negative comments. Folks who care will support you anyway, and those who don't have another stick to bash you with.
13th July 2019, 07:29 AM |#7180  
Thanks Meter: 352

More
Quote:

The signature will be set to a default on adding a new identity, also when using the quick setup, and existing signatures will be left alone.

I am not sure yet if existing empty signatures should be replaced by a default.

The default text is already available for translation on Crowdin.

In quick setup, user should choose what to put.
I recommend making it clear what signature would be so that user are not taken by surprise when they see it.
Which is also why I do not think having signature added to users with empty signatures. As all of a sudden signature will start appearing.
The Following User Says Thank You to m0d For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift m0d Ad-Free
13th July 2019, 08:56 AM |#7181  

More
Hello m0d, see also my requirements in my post from 03:51 am.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, email, open source, privacy, security

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)