[APP][5.0+] FairEmail - Open source, privacy friendly email app

18,083 posts
Thanks Meter: 37,064

By M66B, Recognized Developer on 2nd August 2018, 02:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th July 2019, 08:56 AM |#7181  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Hello m0d, see also my requirements in my post from 03:51 am.

13th July 2019, 09:02 AM |#7182  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraschi51

Marcel, if you want to introduce a default signature - whether for new identities or empty signatures of existing identities - I think you have to
1. ask the user, like this: I would like to make FairEmail better known and therefore put the following text in the signature under each e-mail you write with this identity "...". Is that o.k. for you? YES / NO.
2. completely rewrite the signature handling. Because with a central, program-side signature, this would not only have to be displayed to the user in the draft, but he would also have to be able to edit it for individual e-mails or delete it completely. This editing of the signature would then of course also have to be saved in the same way (in the outbox) and would not then be replaced by the default signature when sending.

Most email apps set a default signature and FairEmail is also going to do this too in the next release (only for new identities). I have added hints to the setup screen, so it will be clearer how to change signatures (and a few other commonly asked things).

The current solution allows for a signature per identity, which is more flexible than a common signature for all identities. Since identities can be switched while composing a message, the signature needs to be switched to. This cannot be done reliably when the identity is part of the text to edit.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th July 2019, 09:03 AM |#7183  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeshyams

I would suggest taking some time to answer questions related to Email on Stack Exchange Android Enthusiasts. It does have a decent readership but more importantly draws tons of Google search results (I am saying this with the knowledge of being a moderator in the past and having insight into facts) . Without revealing percentages, let me assure you that Google search is #1 draw to the site, miles ahead of other options. And while you are at it, you can address XPrivacyLua related aspects too

I would have done it but my on line activities are severely restricted for other reasons

Signature idea discussed later in the thread stinks. No offense to anyone. It will only help you getting negative comments. Folks who care will support you anyway, and those who don't have another stick to bash you with.

Point me to any question related to my apps on Stack Exchange and I will happily answer it.
The Following User Says Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th July 2019, 09:10 AM |#7184  
OP Recognized Developer

More
I have just released stable version 1.587 "Dinosaur"

Changelog/download:
https://github.com/M66B/FairEmail/releases

Please let me know what you think about the changes of the setup screen.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th July 2019, 09:35 AM |#7185  
OP Recognized Developer

More
There is a small bug (feature?) that causes the default signature to be set when editing an existing identity with an empty signature. This will be fixed in the next release.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th July 2019, 09:40 AM |#7186  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
I changed the German translation for the passages in the setup screen, so it might make more sense now.
The Following User Says Thank You to fraschi51 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fraschi51 Ad-Free
13th July 2019, 09:54 AM |#7187  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 295

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

Point me to any question related to my apps on Stack Exchange and I will happily answer it.

Unfortunately, I am totally inactive else would have liked to point out.

Guess, you would need to check on a periodic basis
13th July 2019, 10:29 AM |#7188  
Thanks Meter: 370

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

There is a small bug (feature?) that causes the default signature to be set when editing an existing identity with an empty signature. This will be fixed in the next release.

https://github.com/M66B/FairEmail/co...903e1ff1773d43

Does it only check for signature empty then use promo signature?
What uf users want an empty/no signature?
13th July 2019, 10:32 AM |#7189  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0d

https://github.com/M66B/FairEmail/co...903e1ff1773d43

Does it only check for signature empty then use promo signature?
What uf users want an empty/no signature?

You can always save with an empty signature. The bug is that the default signature will be set (but not saved) when editing an existing identity with an empty signature.
The Following User Says Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th July 2019, 10:35 AM |#7190  
Thanks Meter: 370

More

For activated accounts 'this is a pro feature link can be removed'
13th July 2019, 10:40 AM |#7191  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillyFlix

Can't believe you are listening to us.

I hope you mean this in a positive way because I am.
However, I cannot make everybody happy.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, email, open source, privacy, security

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)