Yes, today, some minutes later.

11th September 2019, 07:00 PM |#8652  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 37,665

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraschi51

Yes, today, some minutes later.

Android alarms are imprecise to save on battery usage (to reduce the number of device wake ups), so try 5 minutes or so.
The message should be visible in the outbox while not having been sent.
You can tap on the little time lapse icon to show the scheduled time.

I have just tested this again and it works for me as expected.
11th September 2019, 07:24 PM |#8653  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
I had already tried for 30 minutes; after clicking on O.k. the dialog was 'now' again and the mail was sent immediately.

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

O.k., now it (send later) works as expected.

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

If I enlarge a mail text (this was perhaps already the case in earlier versions, but I only notice it now), it is possible that parts of the mail are cut off at the bottom and can therefore no longer be read completely in the enlarged scale, right?
11th September 2019, 07:25 PM |#8654  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:

If I enlarge a mail text (this was perhaps already the case in earlier versions, but I only notice it now), it is possible that parts of the mail are cut off at the bottom and can therefore no longer be read completely in the enlarged scale, right?

That should not happen and I cannot reproduce it either.
11th September 2019, 07:28 PM |#8655  

More
Okay, seems also to have been a temporary problem. It is o.k. now.
11th September 2019, 07:44 PM |#8656  
OP Recognized Developer

More
I have just released ALPHA version 1.700

Changelog/download:
https://github.com/M66B/FairEmail/releases

Besides a few small improvements and some minor fixes this version will check for empty subjects.

The attachment reminder is based on keywords in the language(s) of the device. Android 7 Nougat and later allow you to configure multiple languages in the Android settings and FairEmail will use all configured languages for the attachment reminder. You can define the keywords on Crowdin.

Please report any problem you discover, so it can be fixed.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th September 2019, 05:47 AM |#8657  

More
There is no possibility (except the Back-Button) in the current mail to react to the attachment question.
12th September 2019, 07:38 AM |#8658  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:

There is no possibility (except the Back-Button) in the current mail to react to the attachment question.

Back brings you back to the message editor and OK will send the message, so you can decide to add an attachment or just send the message. The only thing I can do is add a cancel button.
12th September 2019, 12:47 PM |#8659  
Thanks Meter: 264

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M66B

I have just released ALPHA version 1.700

Changelog/download:
https://github.com/M66B/FairEmail/releases

Besides a few small improvements and some minor fixes this version will check for empty subjects.

The attachment reminder is based on keywords in the language(s) of the device. Android 7 Nougat and later allow you to configure multiple languages in the Android settings and FairEmail will use all configured languages for the attachment reminder. You can define the keywords on Crowdin.

Please report any problem you discover, so it can be fixed.

One change I noticed is that when I clicked onsend to send myself a test message I got the attached popup. Not sure I like that and I can't find where to turn it off.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190912-074155.png
Views:	134
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	4818578  
12th September 2019, 01:16 PM |#8660  
Thanks Meter: 264

More
Another long present 'annoyance' is when attaching an image to an email using Files.

The default sort i set in Files itself is by date, recent on top. But when FairEmail uses Files to attach an image it opens the folder sorted by name instead. This means 2 additional clicks, one to change sort to date and another for most recent.

Is there a way to set FairEmail to open Files in sort by date/most recent first - which is the default when Files is opened on its own?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maybeme2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift maybeme2 Ad-Free
12th September 2019, 04:03 PM |#8661  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
On https://email.faircode.eu/donate/ page it says,

Quote:

You can get all the current and future pro features without Google services

What does this mean by without Google services? How is this Pro feature going to be different from buying from play store?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, email, open source, privacy, security

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)