Live location sharing with HyperTrack.
For more information on HyperTrack and the release, visit our post.
If your users can track their Uber coming to them turn-by-turn with an accurate ETA, why not track friends, colleagues, buyers, and sellers similarly! Facebook Messenger and Google Maps recently added functionality for live location sharing and Whatsapp is likely to follow soon. Now it’s your turn.
This open source repo uses HyperTrack to enable location sharing and real-time tracking of your friends and family. Scrape parts of this app to add live location sharing into your own app, or fork the repo and modify it to your own need to build your own brand new app.
If you want to experience the app or want to share live location amongst your friends & family, get it from the Play Store.
For more details on how to use, view the README on our Github repo.
- Clone the project - GitHub, MIT Licensed
- Get FREE HyperTrack API keys. Learn more about them here, and sign up for them here. Again, FREE to use (both the dashboard and the service).
- Get Google Map API Key and add them to the AndroidManifest.xml.
- Add publishable key to the hypertrackkey.properties file here.
- Check out our Live Location Sharing tutorial and the Service Visit Tracking tutorial for a few suggestions of how to use this source code in your business or application.
For detailed documentation of the APIs, customizations, and what all you can build using HyperTrack, please visit the official [HyperTrack Docs](https://docs.hypertrack.com/).
Feel free to clone, use, and contribute back via pull request. Please use the Issues Tracker to raise bug reports and feature requests.
Join our Slack community for instant responses, interact with our Community, or put your thoughts and questions in this thread. You can also email us at [email protected].
Source Code: GitHub