FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Open Source][5.0+] Shade Launcher - Make your phone feel like home

130 posts
Thanks Meter: 578

Post Reply Email Thread
Having grown tired of only decompiling and porting Google’s Pixel Launcher code, I decided to turn my own vision for a launcher into reality.
It's based on the latest AOSP Launcher3 Pie version.

What can it do?
Mostly everything Rootless Pixel Launcher could do, but there are some additional features.
Themes: Make your launcher look like eye candy using one of the precreated themes.
Categories: Order your apps in the app drawer or hide them in the Hidden category.
Smart Unread: Show what’s most important at the top of your home screen.
Quickstep: The Magisk module QuickSwitch that lets other apps handle recents is supported.
Plugins: Have third party add-ons implement additional functionality in the launcher.

Here’s the full release thread on Reddit: Shade Launcher
You are free to use the code in any way you like, as long as you keep me in your credits.

Links
Screenshots
Play Store
APK Download
Source Code
Test Builds
Contact & Donate
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to azaidi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift azaidi Ad-Free

20th May 2019, 05:47 PM |#2  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Thank you for this new launcher Amir, will have a try soon !
Cheers
21st May 2019, 12:29 PM |#3  
Flag Viersen
Thanks Meter: 400

More
Awaiting a compatible version with Android Q beta, currently I can't test it cause the launcher keeps crashing
The Following User Says Thank You to romskii For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift romskii Ad-Free
22nd May 2019, 07:34 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Currently mainlining a Nokia 6.1 (2018), Android 9.0, 00WW_3_51F_SP01 Build Number

Really slick launcher my dude, nice break away from the bottom search bar, and to have a proper swipe down to expand notification shade that Android One Launcher simply does not have. The only thing I could possibly ask for is maybe a few more icon shapes (rounded square being the priority). Other than an early bird with a few bugs which involve crashing after using the widgets picker, it's a good enough barebones option.
29th May 2019, 02:24 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag 's-Gravendeel

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankplains

The only thing I could possibly ask for is maybe a few more icon shapes (rounded square being the priority).

Cylinder and Rounded Square are in the new Play Store build that is rolling out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankplains

Other than an early bird with a few bugs which involve crashing after using the widgets picker, it's a good enough barebones option.

I've had others report it to me before but I cannot reproduce it and the crash trace only shows some weird native code going wrong. Furthermore, it also seems to happen with AOSP Launcher3. At the moment, I still have no idea what's happening...
30th May 2019, 02:35 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
very smooth launcher i like it, can i make a suggestion that allows users to configure which apps can use the smart notifications. I love the idea but i would like not to have messages from whats app displayed through that widget
2nd June 2019, 02:17 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag 's-Gravendeel

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by notlek

very smooth launcher i like it, can i make a suggestion that allows users to configure which apps can use the smart notifications. I love the idea but i would like not to have messages from whats app displayed through that widget

It's set to use the same notifications as the ones that show notification dots. Disable the notification dot for WhatsApp if you want to hide it in Smart Unread.
Yesterday, 10:43 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Thank you for adding the dock override for search bar widget, I can properly replicate the Android One layout as I personally intended.

As an unpopular, tangential opinion, docking icons in Launcher3 never played as nicely as it should have given some aspect ratios on larger displays. So I don't mind having a search bar in lieu of icons.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
app, launcher, open source, pixel, shade

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)