[APP][5.0+]Auracle Music Player: Taking control of your music playback experience

Search This thread

Boomchaos

Apr 2, 2011
Introduction

When I first started working on Auracle, I wanted a music player that could play music the way I wanted it to be played. I wanted to be able to choose whatever song came up next, or even make an album or playlist play next. I would often forget the name of a song, but I knew the words, so I wanted to be able to search by the lyrics. I also wanted it to be beautifully designed, but alas… I was only a programmer. My visual design skills included a basic understanding of Microsoft Paint, and that was about it. I could make something work, but making it a joy to look at and use was a different matter. I was determined, so I decided to start with what I knew best: the code that went into making an app.

Fast forward a couple of months and now I have a very basic prototype which could play music, shuffle, skip songs, and add songs to a queue. It’s a cool spring day in April of 2014 and I’m browsing /r/Android, when a post by /u/jessecoleman caught my eye. It was a submission to Taylor Ling’s (a Google Developer Expert and Material Design Award Winner) Android Design contest. In his submission, Cole had designed a beautiful music player by the name of Eve. It featured work that clearly showed how much he cared about controlling the music playback experience with a queue. The contest wasn’t over yet, but I had to reach out to him.

I sent Cole the app I had so far, and after getting it working on his phone, he agreed to work with me on making his mockups, now our dream, a reality. A few weeks later Cole was announced a winner of the design contest and now, we finally have a working beta to share with you!

Images

yniX2Dd.gif

This is Auracle's Now Playing screen. It acts like a zoomed in version of the queue, so it scrolls vertically. Because of this, you can peek at the next song without actually skipping to it. The background of Now Playing takes colors from the album art and smoothly transitions from song to song. Tapping on the album art pauses playback. Tapping the play count cycles through song metadata such as bit rate, file size, and year of release.

Y8b8j8m.gif

This is the queue. As you can see there are two sections. Up Next are the songs you've added to the queue and All Songs is the rest of your library. Auracle's Queue allows you to swipe to remove songs and drag to rearrange songs in the queue.

SZhccz4.gif

Here is the All Songs screen. Clicking on the yellow shuffle button at the bottom brings up the miniplayer. The miniplayer is also a representation of the queue so it scrolls vertically. You can stop playback by swiping away the miniplayer and the shuffle button is revealed again. Both the miniplayer and the shuffle button hide on scroll.

BWDfalA.png

Each song has a "+" icon next to it so that you can add it to the queue. Long pressing on the "+" icon brings up more options.

BYqYVqv.png

For those who like to browse music by folders, that's also an option. In addition, Auracle allows you to add entire folders to the queue.

7Rltc2e.gif

The screen for an artist. Swiping left and right goes through their albums in chronological order. The big button with the "+" icon adds the entire album or all of the artist's songs to the queue.

hfzR12b.gif

When it comes to searching for music I always want to find what I’m looking for as quickly as possible. I can be extremely lazy with my search and still find what I’m trying to play. Typing in “sum ch” brings up one of my favorite songs, Summer Friends by Chance the Rapper, because it has a partial match on the song title, and a partial match on the artist.

Auracle also supports partial matching on the album, so you can type any combination of a partial title, artist, or album to find a song. And if I don’t know the title of the song, I can hit the overflow menu to search by lyrics. Swiping to the right allows me to search for albums and artists. These searches also support partial matches.

eAl1tk2.png

Use the built-in equalizer to fine tune your music

5qimZ8y.png

Tag Editing. Clicking on the download button downloads the album art from Last.fm and embeds it into the music file.

rS5RvDo.png

Playback can be controlled via a notification. The bottom line indicates the next song that will be played.

ojizRc6.png

App Shortcuts: Pin your most listened to playlists to the home screen, or pin the shuffle action for quick access to your music

9LLFpB3.png

For all you widget lovers, I provided homescreen widgets in two sizes. The larger widget indicates the next song to play at the bottom.

Features

• An intuitive queue management system
• Over 40 Themes, light and dark
• Supports ALAC (Apple Lossless), AAC, FLAC, M4A, MP3, MP4, Ogg Vorbis
• Playlist support
• Equalizer
• Export playlists to m3u
• Enqueue songs, artists, albums, genres, and playlists
• Folder Browsing
• Google Now integration
• Search for songs by lyrics
• Downloadable album art from Last.FM
• Tag editing
• Homescreen widgets
• Lockscreen playback controls
• Song play count, skip count tracking
• Music pause on headphone unplug
• App Shortcuts - Pin your most listened to playlists to the home screen, or pin the shuffle action for quick access to your music
• Option to not duck or pause audio when receiving a notification

Download

You can join the beta and download Auracle using this link:

Testing link

XDA:DevDB Information
Auracle Music Player, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
Boomchaos, jessecoleman

Version Information
Current Beta Version: v1.0.2
Beta Release Date: 2018-05-20

Created 2017-03-04
Last Updated 2018-05-20

Attachments

• now_playing.gif
    now_playing.gif
    2.9 MB · Views: 14,945
  • queue.gif
    queue.gif
    619 KB · Views: 15,073
  • all_songs.gif
    all_songs.gif
    175.8 KB · Views: 14,827
  • songs_menu.jpg
    songs_menu.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 14,145
  • artist.gif
    artist.gif
    2.8 MB · Views: 13,850
  • search.gif
    search.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 13,493
  • equalizer.jpg
    equalizer.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 13,116
  • tag_editing.jpg
    tag_editing.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 12,613
  • notification.jpg
    notification.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 12,127
  • app_shortcuts.jpg
    app_shortcuts.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 11,733
  • widgets.jpg
    widgets.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 10,478
  • folder_browsing.png
    folder_browsing.png
    96 KB · Views: 7,147
Last edited:

Boomchaos

Apr 2, 2011
Reserved

Changelog

Code:
v1.0.2
• Created over 30 themes!  
• Introduced Semantic Versioning

Code:
v0.1.7.5  
• Fixed removing song from a playlist  
• Removed notification sound from playback start  
• Improved playlist importing  
• Fixed crash when enqueueing folder  
• Fixed crash when sending feedback

Code:
v0.1.7.4  
• Fixed missing album art issue  
• Fixed crash when long-pressing queue song

Code:
v0.1.7.3  
• Fixed crash on now playing screen  
• Fixed bug where folder showed incorrect file counts  
• Fixed race condition when scanning new music

Code:
v0.1.7.1  
• Improved app startup time  
• Fixed crash when clicking shuffle Floating Action Button  
• Fixed crash in tag editor  
• Fixed crash when selecting folder for Whitelist

Code:
v0.1.7.0

• Dark Theme!  
• Redesigned Queue  
    • History now available in the Queue  
    • Long press menu available on Queue songs  
    • Added option to undo removals in Queue  
    • Added remove and add animations to Queue  
• Broke settings into separate pages  
• Added share feature in Settings

Code:
v0.1.5.1
• Fixed crash in scanner

Code:
v0.1.5.0
• Fixed crash when toggling playback on Oreo
• Logcat is now in the feedback email as plain text
• Increased codec support. Auracle now supports the following codecs\container formats:
  • ALAC (Apple Lossless) 
  • AAC
  • FLAC
  • M4A
  • MP3
  • MP4
  • Ogg Vorbis

Code:
v0.1.4.5
• Hotfix for playback crashing.

Code:
v0.1.4.4
• Pressing play from headphones can now start playback

Code:
v0.1.4.3
• Fixed bug where Now Playing would appear twice in the backstack
• When unscanned song clicked in folders view, song is scanned into library
• Fixed bug where playing last song after it ended skipped to previous song

Code:
v0.1.4.2
• Fixed crash when setting themes with Substratum
• Fixed crash when deleting a song
• Fixed crash when scanning music without read permissions
• Fixed crash when opening the Queue view

Code:
v0.1.4.1
• Added support for relative playlists
• Fixed crashes in scanning, settings, and the notification
• Fixed crash in Now Playing
• Fixed crash when downloading album art
• Fixed crash in folders view

Code:
v0.1.4.0
• Using Media Style notifications on Lollipop+
• Added ability to add Playlists to home screen within the app
• Implemented Android Oreo notification channels
• Prevents Enter key creating new line in search
• Fixed bug where notification flickered when song changed
• Notification shows everywhere when music is playing
• Added setting to resume playback on headphone plug
• Fixed crash reporting bug on Oreo
• Fixed bug in folder browsing where other songs in folder weren't played
• Fixed crash in genres view

Code:
v0.1.3.3
• Prevent crash when viewing song from another app
• Fixed right-to-left layout issues in Now Playing

Code:
v0.1.3.2
• Updated internal libraries
• Improved m3u playlist importing

Code:
v0.1.3.1
• Added setting to disable album art on lock screen.

Code:
v0.1.3.0  
• Migrated audio engine to ExoPlayer.  
• Added shuffle fab & miniplayer to playlist view.  
• Coloring status bar in Now Playing and Queue.  
• Prevent crash when stopping playback.

The audio engine migration will help with things like codec expansion and gapless playback down the road.

Code:
v0.1.2.7
• Prevent crash if logs can't be attached to feedback
• Album art updates in tag editor when new art set

Code:
v0.1.2.6
• Can now attach logs when sending feedback.
• Fixed crash when downloading album art from Last.fm.

Code:
v0.1.2.5
• Prevent crash when loading artist image.
• Fixed folder browsing crash.

Code:
v0.1.2.4
• Double pressing headphone button skips to next track
• Fixed crash when importing playlists

Code:
v0.1.2.3
• Fixed title alignment in Queue view
• Added option to not pause music when receiving a notification
• Added shadow to bottom of toolbar in artist/album view
• Added option to disable whitelist, disabled by default

Code:
v0.1.2.2
• Fixed crash when playing music
• Fixed shuffle in folder browsing
• Added missing playback controls to folder browsing

Code:
v0.1.2.1
• Added link to subreddit in settings

Code:
v0.1.2.0
• Implemented folder browsing.
• Fixed bug where clicking on shuffle button multiple times kept old shuffle order.

Code:
v0.1.1.9
• Clicking shuffle button in genre plays genre songs instead of all songs.
• Fixed crash in Navigation Drawer.
• Fixed crash when updating lock-screen controls.

Code:
v0.1.1.8
• Prevent crash on app start for pre-Lollipop devices

Code:
v0.1.1.7
• Prevent crash in Tag Editor if song not found
• Fixed crash when pressing back in genre songs
• Fixed crash when opening equalizer
• Improved shuffle and repeat icon visibility for dark backgrounds in Now Playing
• Updated equalizer and search icon to material spec
• Fixed bug where miniplayer wasn't shown if music was paused.
• Back-ported shuffle App Shortcut to Android 5.1
• Font size fix in Equalizer

Code:
v0.1.1.6
• Added setting to disable scanning complete notification

Code:
v0.1.1.5
• Fixed bug with playback toggle in the queue
• Added changelog to Settings > Developer > Changelog
• Fixed Tag Editor crash

Code:
v0.1.1.4
• Created What's New dialog
• Added option to scan library on app startup
• Fixed disappearing equalizer when using RTL layout mode
• Stability improvements

Code:
v0.1.1.3
• Fixed bug where search songs did not recognize clicks
• Fixed bug where queue couldn't play music once paused

Code:
v0.1.1.2
• Fixed bug where fast scroll indicator didn't update in albums list view
• Prevent crash if EQ can't set presets
• Fixes bug where screen went blank when back button pressed
• Long press on a song opens menu instead of long press on enqueue button
• Fixed bug where paused music notification couldn't be dismissed

Code:
v0.1.1.1
• Added link to XDA thread in settings
• Prevent app from crashing if unable to initialize equalizer
• Fixed overlapping text for long playlist titles in the Navigation Drawer
• Other bug fixes

Code:
v0.1.1.0
• Implemented equalizer

Last edited:

tfae

Feb 14, 2015
OnePlus 8 Pro
Giving it a try.
I really like the interface but it lacks a feature very important to me that almost all cool music players miss: play songs from folders.
I have many folders with songs from many artists or different albums arranged in the order I want (yes, no playlists) and I need a player that allows me to play music in that way (see attached picture).

But loved the menu image detail :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170305-163732.jpg
    Screenshot_20170305-163732.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 2,505
Last edited:
Reactions: moSess

Boomchaos

Apr 2, 2011
Giving it a try.
I really like the interface but it lacks a feature very important to me that almost all music players miss: play songs from folders.
I have many folders with songs from many artists or different albums arranged in the order I want (yes, no playlists) and I need a player that allows me to play music in that way (see attached picture).

Folder browsing is a very highly requested feature and is up next on my todo list.

jerryn70

Mar 15, 2012
Issue in categorizing Album . The below marked songs should come under one album, but it is shown as 2 different album. In other music players that 2 songs come under one album.

And there is no option to set songs as ringtone/alarm/notification . Please add that option also.

Is it possible to reduce the apk size ? I think 14mb size is big for a music player.

Attachments

• PicsArt_03-05-10.34.41.jpg
    PicsArt_03-05-10.34.41.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 3,448
Reactions: Anonshe

Boomchaos

Apr 2, 2011
Issue in categorizing Album . The below marked songs should come under one album, but it is shown as 2 different album. In other music players that 2 songs come under one album.

And there is no option to set songs as ringtone/alarm/notification . Please add that option also.

Is it possible to reduce the apk size ? I think 14mb size is big for a music player.

For those 2 albums that show up, could you check the tags of the songs and verify that they all have the same album artist?

If a lot of users request the setting of a song as ringtone/alarm/notification, I'll add it to my todo list.

What's the typical size of a music player? I can certainly work on trying to reduce the download size.

falptekin

Apr 19, 2012
Diyarbakır
What about codec coverage ? There are youtube music downloaders like me with format ogg (vorbis/opus)... Btw, very unique interface, looks good..

jerryn70

Mar 15, 2012
For those 2 albums that show up, could you check the tags of the songs and verify that they all have the same album artist?

If a lot of users request the setting of a song as ringtone/alarm/notification, I'll add it to my todo list.

What's the typical size of a music player? I can certainly work on trying to reduce the download size.

Album Artist name is different. It will be great if the album sorting is based on the album name instead of album Artist name.

The smaller size music player is "pulsar" available on XDA.

And why this music player always stays on running/working status ?
That may affect battery life.

Because of always running/working status i can't hibernate this player with greenify .

How can I edit artist image ? For some Albums wrong Artist image is been download automatically.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anonshe

arvindgr

Nov 8, 2013
IND
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 4a
Many people never use Vote Up/down Thumbs Up/down button in player/notification. Is it possible to toggle that feature?

I still am searching for MP3 player that works with Android Auto app. Pls support it @Boomchaos

Thanks for a beautiful app..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction

When I first started working on Auracle, I wanted a music player that could play music the way I wanted it to be played. I wanted to be able to choose whatever song came up next, or even make an album or playlist play next. I would often forget the name of a song, but I knew the words, so I wanted to be able to search by the lyrics. I also wanted it to be beautifully designed, but alas… I was only a programmer. My visual design skills included a basic understanding of Microsoft Paint, and that was about it. I could make something work, but making it a joy to look at and use was a different matter. I was determined, so I decided to start with what I knew best: the code that went into making an app.

Fast forward a couple of months and now I have a very basic prototype which could play music, shuffle, skip songs, and add songs to a queue. It’s a cool spring day in April of 2014 and I’m browsing /r/Android, when a post by /u/jessecoleman caught my eye. It was a submission to Taylor Ling’s (a Google Developer Expert and Material Design Award Winner) Android Design contest. In his submission, Cole had designed a beautiful music player by the name of Eve. It featured work that clearly showed how much he cared about controlling the music playback experience with a queue. The contest wasn’t over yet, but I had to reach out to him.

I sent Cole the app I had so far, and after getting it working on his phone, he agreed to work with me on making his mockups, now our dream, a reality. A few weeks later Cole was announced a winner of the design contest and now, we finally have a working beta to share with you!

Images

yniX2Dd.gif

This is Auracle's Now Playing screen. It acts like a zoomed in version of the queue, so it scrolls vertically. Because of this, you can peek at the next song without actually skipping to it. The background of Now Playing takes colors from the album art and smoothly transitions from song to song. Tapping on the album art pauses playback. Tapping the play count cycles through song metadata such as bit rate, file size, and year of release.

Y8b8j8m.gif

This is the queue. As you can see there are two sections. Up Next are the songs you've added to the queue and All Songs is the rest of your library. Auracle's Queue allows you to swipe to remove songs and drag to rearrange songs in the queue.

SZhccz4.gif

Here is the All Songs screen. Clicking on the yellow shuffle button at the bottom brings up the miniplayer. The miniplayer is also a representation of the queue so it scrolls vertically. You can stop playback by swiping away the miniplayer and the shuffle button is revealed again. Both the miniplayer and the shuffle button hide on scroll.

BWDfalA.png

Each song has a "+" icon next to it so that you can add it to the queue. Long pressing on the "+" icon brings up more options.

BYqYVqv.png

For those who like to browse music by folders, that's also an option. In addition, Auracle allows you to add entire folders to the queue.

7Rltc2e.gif

The screen for an artist. Swiping left and right goes through their albums in chronological order. The big button with the "+" icon adds the entire album or all of the artist's songs to the queue.

hfzR12b.gif

When it comes to searching for music I always want to find what I’m looking for as quickly as possible. I can be extremely lazy with my search and still find what I’m trying to play. Typing in “sum ch” brings up one of my favorite songs, Summer Friends by Chance the Rapper, because it has a partial match on the song title, and a partial match on the artist.

Auracle also supports partial matching on the album, so you can type any combination of a partial title, artist, or album to find a song. And if I don’t know the title of the song, I can hit the overflow menu to search by lyrics. Swiping to the right allows me to search for albums and artists. These searches also support partial matches.

eAl1tk2.png

Use the built-in equalizer to fine tune your music

5qimZ8y.png

Tag Editing. Clicking on the download button downloads the album art from Last.fm and embeds it into the music file.

rS5RvDo.png

Playback can be controlled via a notification. The bottom line indicates the next song that will be played.

ojizRc6.png

App Shortcuts: Pin your most listened to playlists to the home screen, or pin the shuffle action for quick access to your music

9LLFpB3.png

For all you widget lovers, I provided homescreen widgets in two sizes. The larger widget indicates the next song to play at the bottom.

Features

• An intuitive queue management system
    • Over 40 Themes, light and dark
    • Supports ALAC (Apple Lossless), AAC, FLAC, M4A, MP3, MP4, Ogg Vorbis
    • Playlist support
    • Equalizer
    • Export playlists to m3u
    • Enqueue songs, artists, albums, genres, and playlists
    • Folder Browsing
    • Google Now integration
    • Search for songs by lyrics
    • Downloadable album art from Last.FM
    • Tag editing
    • Homescreen widgets
    • Lockscreen playback controls
    • Song play count, skip count tracking
    • Music pause on headphone unplug
    • App Shortcuts - Pin your most listened to playlists to the home screen, or pin the shuffle action for quick access to your music
    • Option to not duck or pause audio when receiving a notification

Download

You can join the beta and download Auracle using this link:

Testing link

XDA:DevDB Information
    Auracle Music Player, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    Boomchaos, jessecoleman

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: v1.0.2
    Beta Release Date: 2018-05-20

Created 2017-03-04
    Last Updated 2018-05-20
    To Do:
    1. Folder Browsing
    2. Dark/Night Theme
    Giving it a try.
    I really like the interface but it lacks a feature very important to me that almost all music players miss: play songs from folders.

Folder browsing is a very highly requested feature and is up next on my todo list.
    Reserved

Changelog

Code:
    v1.0.2
    • Created over 30 themes!  
    • Introduced Semantic Versioning

Code:
    v0.1.7.5  
    • Fixed removing song from a playlist  
    • Removed notification sound from playback start  
    • Improved playlist importing  
    • Fixed crash when enqueueing folder  
    • Fixed crash when sending feedback

Code:
    v0.1.7.4  
    • Fixed crash when long-pressing queue song

Code:
    v0.1.7.3  
    • Fixed crash on now playing screen  
    • Fixed bug where folder showed incorrect file counts  
    • Fixed race condition when scanning new music

Code:
    v0.1.7.1  
    • Improved app startup time  
    • Fixed crash when clicking shuffle Floating Action Button  
    • Fixed crash when selecting folder for Whitelist

Code:
    v0.1.7.0

• Dark Theme!  
    • Redesigned Queue  
        • History now available in the Queue  
        • Long press menu available on Queue songs  
        • Added option to undo removals in Queue  
        • Added remove and add animations to Queue  
    • Broke settings into separate pages  
    • Added share feature in Settings

Code:
    v0.1.5.1
    • Fixed crash in scanner

Code:
    v0.1.5.0
    • Fixed crash when toggling playback on Oreo
    • Logcat is now in the feedback email as plain text
    • Increased codec support. Auracle now supports the following codecs\container formats:
      • ALAC (Apple Lossless) 
      • AAC
      • FLAC
      • M4A
      • MP3
      • MP4
      • Ogg Vorbis

Code:
    v0.1.4.5
    • Hotfix for playback crashing.

Code:
    v0.1.4.4
    • Pressing play from headphones can now start playback

Code:
    v0.1.4.3
    • Fixed bug where Now Playing would appear twice in the backstack
    • When unscanned song clicked in folders view, song is scanned into library
    • Fixed bug where playing last song after it ended skipped to previous song

Code:
    v0.1.4.2
    • Fixed crash when setting themes with Substratum
    • Fixed crash when deleting a song
    • Fixed crash when scanning music without read permissions
    • Fixed crash when opening the Queue view

Code:
    v0.1.4.1
    • Added support for relative playlists
    • Fixed crashes in scanning, settings, and the notification
    • Fixed crash in Now Playing
    • Fixed crash when downloading album art
    • Fixed crash in folders view

Code:
    v0.1.4.0
    • Using Media Style notifications on Lollipop+
    • Added ability to add Playlists to home screen within the app
    • Implemented Android Oreo notification channels
    • Prevents Enter key creating new line in search
    • Fixed bug where notification flickered when song changed
    • Notification shows everywhere when music is playing
    • Added setting to resume playback on headphone plug
    • Fixed crash reporting bug on Oreo
    • Fixed bug in folder browsing where other songs in folder weren't played
    • Fixed crash in genres view

Code:
    v0.1.3.3
    • Prevent crash when viewing song from another app
    • Fixed right-to-left layout issues in Now Playing

Code:
    v0.1.3.2
    • Updated internal libraries
    • Improved m3u playlist importing

Code:
    v0.1.3.1
    • Added setting to disable album art on lock screen.

Code:
    v0.1.3.0  
    • Migrated audio engine to ExoPlayer.  
    • Added shuffle fab & miniplayer to playlist view.  
    • Coloring status bar in Now Playing and Queue.  
    • Prevent crash when stopping playback.

The audio engine migration will help with things like codec expansion and gapless playback down the road.

Code:
    v0.1.2.7
    • Prevent crash if logs can't be attached to feedback
    • Album art updates in tag editor when new art set

Code:
    v0.1.2.6
    • Can now attach logs when sending feedback.
    • Fixed crash when downloading album art from Last.fm.

Code:
    v0.1.2.5
    • Prevent crash when loading artist image.
    • Fixed folder browsing crash.

Code:
    v0.1.2.4
    • Double pressing headphone button skips to next track
    • Fixed crash when importing playlists

Code:
    v0.1.2.3
    • Fixed title alignment in Queue view
    • Added option to not pause music when receiving a notification
    • Added shadow to bottom of toolbar in artist/album view
    • Added option to disable whitelist, disabled by default

Code:
    v0.1.2.2
    • Fixed crash when playing music
    • Fixed shuffle in folder browsing
    • Added missing playback controls to folder browsing

Code:
    v0.1.2.1
    • Added link to subreddit in settings

Code:
    v0.1.2.0
    • Implemented folder browsing.
    • Fixed bug where clicking on shuffle button multiple times kept old shuffle order.

Code:
    v0.1.1.9
    • Clicking shuffle button in genre plays genre songs instead of all songs.
    • Fixed crash in Navigation Drawer.
    • Fixed crash when updating lock-screen controls.

Code:
    v0.1.1.8
    • Prevent crash on app start for pre-Lollipop devices

Code:
    v0.1.1.7
    • Prevent crash in Tag Editor if song not found
    • Fixed crash when pressing back in genre songs
    • Fixed crash when opening equalizer
    • Improved shuffle and repeat icon visibility for dark backgrounds in Now Playing
    • Updated equalizer and search icon to material spec
    • Fixed bug where miniplayer wasn't shown if music was paused.
    • Back-ported shuffle App Shortcut to Android 5.1
    • Font size fix in Equalizer

Code:
    v0.1.1.6
    • Added setting to disable scanning complete notification

Code:
    v0.1.1.5
    • Fixed bug with playback toggle in the queue
    • Added changelog to Settings > Developer > Changelog
    • Fixed Tag Editor crash

Code:
    v0.1.1.4
    • Created What's New dialog
    • Added option to scan library on app startup
    • Fixed disappearing equalizer when using RTL layout mode
    • Stability improvements

Code:
    v0.1.1.3
    • Fixed bug where search songs did not recognize clicks
    • Fixed bug where queue couldn't play music once paused

Code:
    v0.1.1.2
    • Fixed bug where fast scroll indicator didn't update in albums list view
    • Prevent crash if EQ can't set presets
    • Fixes bug where screen went blank when back button pressed
    • Long press on a song opens menu instead of long press on enqueue button
    • Fixed bug where paused music notification couldn't be dismissed

Code:
    v0.1.1.1
    • Added link to XDA thread in settings
    • Prevent app from crashing if unable to initialize equalizer
    • Fixed overlapping text for long playlist titles in the Navigation Drawer
    • Other bug fixes

Code:
    v0.1.1.0
    • Implemented equalizer

And that's how I finally change my music player after all these years. Thanks! :highfive: