FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Time Sensitive::MISSING CHILD::Guidance on accessing Galaxy Tab A

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By chuckycharms, Junior Member on 8th February 2017, 10:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello All,

Our technology firm has been contracted to assist in an investigation of a missing child who is believed to have been sexually exploited and has gone missing. We have just received possession of a few devices, of which one of them is a Samsung Galaxy Tab A. To expedite the process, as time is critical, we are reaching out to a few communities to provide known good procedures. Due to local authorities backlog of current cases, they have passed on the devices to the family who has contracted a private investigator firm, who has contracted us. Please don't turn this thread into a discussion of legitimacy or morality, please pass if that is your intent. Otherwise, your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

9th February 2017, 01:37 AM |#2  
Flag Kettering
Thanks Meter: 164

More
There was not a question posted or anything saying what you were hoping to get from XDA users... What is it your looking for here?
9th February 2017, 01:50 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
I just re-read my post, and in my haste I wasn't clear, you are very right! The tablet currently has a pattern lock and a backup pin, we are looking for a method to acquire those. I must add that the gmail account tied to this device has been deleted.

Hoping for a quick response...
9th February 2017, 02:37 AM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 867

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckycharms

I just re-read my post, and in my haste I wasn't clear, you are very right! The tablet currently has a pattern lock and a backup pin, we are looking for a method to acquire those. I must add that the gmail account tied to this device has been deleted.

Hoping for a quick response...

This would require a tool such as a z3x box to remove the pattern lock without resetting the device or to install a custom recovery like TWRP and use the aroma file manager to remove the keys. Depending on the model number (as there are various Tab A models), these options might or might not be available.
9th February 2017, 02:50 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Great, thanks for the lead. it is a sm-t350. Being that time is so critical, I'll order a box but in the meantime try the customer recovery method. Any known good tutorials?
9th February 2017, 02:53 AM |#6  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Great, thanks for the lead. it is a sm-t350. Being that time is so critical, I'll order a box but in the meantime try the customer recovery method. Any known good tutorials?

Sorry about the previous response - my coworker has been messing with my account while I was away.

Anyway, I have a z3x box and unfortunately, this option is not available for that model.

http://galaxy-tab-a.boards.net/threa...-t350-355-p355

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2620456 - method 7
9th February 2017, 02:56 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Ok, thanks for the heads up on the z3x box.

Are those 2 different methods, or is the first a pre-requisite for the second? Also, how can I determine which version of android is installed?

Thanks very much for your help, and dealing with these simple questions to get me started.
9th February 2017, 03:16 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Looks like i have to load the twrp recovery first, then use the aroma file manager to access the key?
9th February 2017, 03:17 AM |#9  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ok, thanks for the heads up on the z3x box.

Are those 2 different methods, or is the first a pre-requisite for the second? Also, how can I determine which version of android is installed?

Thanks very much for your help, and dealing with these simple questions to get me started.

Yes, the first is a pre-req. Without a custom recovery, you will not be able to access anything on the phone or install the file manager to mount the system and access the part of the phone the pattern lock keys are stored.

You can determine the version of the software by booting into the stock recovery and finding the build number and Googling it.
9th February 2017, 03:21 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Ayy lmao

Sent from my LG-H918 using XDA-Developers Legacy app
9th February 2017, 03:31 AM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Cheers! I think I have enough to go on now.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)