Honor CEO Thread

[Tool] WhatsApp Google Drive Extractor | UPDATED OCTOBER 2016

171 posts
Thanks Meter: 142

By TripCode, Senior Member on 19th October 2016, 07:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
** Version 1.1 UPDATED October 2016 **

SUMMARY:
Allows WhatsApp users on Android to extract their backed up WhatsApp data from Google Drive.
UPDATE: This tool was last updated on October 20th 2016.
IMPORTANT: If you wish to extract crypt keys or WhatsApp databases from non-rooted Android devices then you need: WhatsApp Key/DB Extractor instead.

QUESTION:
Why would I even need this?
Us mere mortals have absolutely no access to any application data stored on Google Drive, even though it's our data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Google

What is the Application Data folder?

The 'Application Data folder' is a special folder that is only accessible by your application. Its content is hidden from the user, and from other apps. Despite being hidden from the user, the Application Data folder is stored on the user's Drive and therefore uses the user's Drive storage quota. The Application Data folder can be used to store configuration files, saved games data, or any other types of files that the user should not directly interact with.

BRANCH UPDATES:
v1.0 - Initial release.
v1.1 - Added Python 3 support.

PREREQUISITES:
  1. O/S: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Mac OS X or Linux
  2. Python 2.x - If not installed: https://www.python.org/downloads/
  3. Android device with WhatsApp installed and the Google Drive backup feature enabled
  4. Google services device id (if you want to reduce the risk of being logged out of Google)
    Search Google Play for "device id" for plenty of apps that can reveal this information
  5. Google account login credentials (username and password)

INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. Extract "WhatsApp-GD-Extractor-master.zip".
  2. Edit the [auth] section in "settings.cfg".
  3. Run python WhatsAppGDExtract.py from your command console.
  4. Read the usage examples that are displayed.
  5. Run any of the examples.

TROUBLESHOOTING:
  1. Check you have the required imports installed (configparser and requests).
    I.E.: pip install configparser requests

DOWNLOAD: WhatsApp-GD-Extractor-master.zip

AUTHOR: TripCode
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to TripCode For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TripCode Ad-Free

1st November 2016, 08:53 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I can list all files from all my backups (I have four backups with ID from 0 to 3) but I can download files from "Backup 0" only.
I debugged the script and when I try to download a file from backupID 3 I obtain a 404 error.
Can you help me? Thanks.
24th November 2016, 04:28 PM |#3  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripCode

** Version 1.1 UPDATED October 2016 **

SUMMARY:
Allows WhatsApp users on Android to extract their backed up WhatsApp data from Google Drive.
UPDATE: This tool was last updated on October 20th 2016.
IMPORTANT: If you wish to extract crypt keys or WhatsApp databases from non-rooted Android devices then you need: WhatsApp Key/DB Extractor instead.

QUESTION:
Why would I even need this?
Us mere mortals have absolutely no access to any application data stored on Google Drive, even though it's our data.

BRANCH UPDATES:
v1.0 - Initial release.
v1.1 - Added Python 3 support.

PREREQUISITES:

1. O/S: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Mac OS X or Linux
  2. Python 2.x - If not installed: https://www.python.org/downloads/
  3. Android device with WhatsApp installed and the Google Drive backup feature enabled
  4. Google services device id (if you want to reduce the risk of being logged out of Google)
    Search Google Play for "device id" for plenty of apps that can reveal this information
  5. Google account login credentials (username and password)

INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. Extract "WhatsApp-GD-Extractor-master.zip".
  2. Edit the [auth] section in "settings.cfg".
  3. Run python WhatsAppGDExtract.py from your command console.
  4. Read the usage examples that are displayed.
  5. Run any of the examples.

TROUBLESHOOTING:
  1. Check you have the required imports installed (configparser and requests).
    I.E.: pip install configparser requests

DOWNLOAD: WhatsApp-GD-Extractor-master.zip

AUTHOR: TripCode

Hello, you could explain how to run the script on windows I have problems with "pip install configparser requests"
26th December 2016, 07:06 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
27th January 2017, 12:46 PM |#5  

More
Good Work but i have a problem!
When i want to execute it says only:
Unable to locate google drive file map for: com.whatsapp

What can i do or what i make wrong?
7th February 2017, 01:41 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
"Unable to locate google drive file map for: com.whatsapp"
I too am receiving the same error message:

"Unable to locate google drive file map for: com.whatsapp".

Could this be related to a lack of API credentials for traversing the hidden AppData folder structure?

I'm running this via Ubuntu 16.10 x64; Linux desktop 4.4.0-62-generic #83-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jan 18 14:10:15 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux and have installed the necessary prerequisite packages as detailed above).

Can someone please assist us (I'm more than happy to provide debugging information etc)?

Kind regards,

John

---------- Post added at 03:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.morton

Could this be related to a lack of API credentials for traversing the hidden AppData folder structure?

I'm running this via Ubuntu 16.10 x64; Linux desktop 4.4.0-62-generic #83-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jan 18 14:10:15 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux and have installed the necessary prerequisite packages as detailed above).

Can someone please assist us (I'm more than happy to provide debugging information etc)?

Kind regards,

John

On further inspection of the Python code and having reviewed drive.google.com it appeared that I hadn't actually run an initial backup and there was no data to present. I believe things are now working correctly (at least in terms of the info and list functions - I'll try the remainder shortly).
7th February 2017, 07:58 PM |#7  

More
What a fantastic script! :)
Quote:

Kind regards,

John

---------- Post added at 03:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 AM ----------

On further inspection of the Python code and having reviewed drive.google.com it appeared that I hadn't actually run an initial backup and there was no data to present. I believe things are now working correctly (at least in terms of the info and list functions - I'll try the remainder shortly).

Just a quick note to confirm the script still works and I've successfully downloaded the database and images/photos.
I'd like to acknowledge the hard work of the developer and convey my gratitude.

PS: any chance you can provide a slightly modified version to dump EVERY single hidden file from Google Drive (as I'm trying to discover potential chat and images that may be obfuscated by Google but potentially still present etc)?
The Following User Says Thank You to john.morton For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift john.morton Ad-Free
8th February 2017, 10:52 PM |#8  

More
Quote:

Just a quick note to confirm the script still works and I've successfully downloaded the database and images/photos.
I'd like to acknowledge the hard work of the developer and convey my gratitude.

PS: any chance you can provide a slightly modified version to dump EVERY single hidden file from Google Drive (as I'm trying to discover potential chat and images that may be obfuscated by Google but potentially still present etc)?

May I know what to write after pull to get the key file i am only able to get the crypt file
22nd February 2017, 12:23 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsur

May I know what to write after pull to get the key file i am only able to get the crypt file

The keyfile isnt necessary to get all your texts back. simply copy the crypt file in the given folder structure.
as far as i know the keyfile isnt stored online nor offline, online in the data partition or smth like there
Quote:

XXX\Mi-4c\Internal shared storage\WhatsApp\Databases\msgstore.db.crypt12

And install Whatsapp. Then it should find the data by itself and if you are using the same number it should be decrypted correctly.
But if you changed your number i think there is no way to decrypt now
4th March 2017, 04:22 PM |#10  

More
Error= BadAuthentication
I've done everything correctly, but when i try any of the examples it just says "Error= BadAuthentication " even though I am sure of my credentials. please advise.
The Following User Says Thank You to python-learner For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift python-learner Ad-Free
11th March 2017, 12:21 PM |#11  
Flag Goiânia
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Thank you sir.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
crypt12, key, whatsapp

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)