FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[V5] TwrpBuilder | Provides opportunity to have TWRP for your device

37 posts
Thanks Meter: 221

By TwrpBuilder, Member on 3rd February 2018, 05:16 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
logo

TWRP Builder is an open source project that allows you to request TWRP for your (officially unsupported) device.
All it needs is some basic info about your device, and through the app, it sends the info to be used for the creation of TWRP Recovery for your device.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this APP
* before installing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, We will laugh at you.
*/

DownloadsRequirements
  • Google Play Services (latest version)
  • Root access (optional)
  • BusyBox (for older devices)
How to make a request
  • Install the app and login with Google account
    Rooted device:
  • Grant Root Access
  • Select Backup Recovery & Upload Backup
    Non Rooted device:
  • Get any working recovery.img for your device (from stock ROM or old working TWRP)
  • Select Backup Recovery & browse to that recovery.img
  • Generate Backup & Upload Backup
  • Done!
Notes
  • This project is not supported or affiliated in any way with the original TWRP (TeamWin Recovery Project).
  • We are an app that creates the TWRP Recovery for you. The original project is here: https://twrp.me/
  • We do not guarantee all images will work as expected. It might even not boot.
  • Unless you respond does the TWRP we built work properly or not, we will not release the device tree. You still can create yourself by using our script anyways.
  • Frequently asked questions are on #2 post.

Contribuitors
@androidlover5842
@Theprofessionals
@yshalsager
@berkantkz
@kirito9
@AhmedHadyHassaan
@Sheref
@surendrajat
@Marc0601
@Dyneteve

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP Builder, App for all devices (see above for details)

Get in touch (we don't bite anymore :D)
website GitHub Telegram support Update channel
The Following 73 Users Say Thank You to TwrpBuilder For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TwrpBuilder Ad-Free

3rd February 2018, 07:40 AM |#2  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,114

Donate to Me
More
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: I have xxxx device. Is it supported?
A1: We cannot answer this question without any information. Create a request in our app. Unless you get your TWRP within a week (7 days), this means your device is not supported.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to berkantkz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th February 2018, 05:57 PM |#3  
Flag N0WH3R3 1N S9A)E
Thanks Meter: 611

More
it rocks again
it works again
thanks to all devs to still.... continue it....
keep going.....
welcome @TwrpBuilder
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rony raj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rony raj Ad-Free
6th February 2018, 06:43 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 244

More
Hello, what about a device that has a current working version of TWRP but is not maintained, does not have encryption working and is the older 3.1.1 version?

I'm mainly asking for the encryption as a lot of people are going to find it very useful. I'm not using it myself but still. I have some knowledge about it, can't do it myself but can help quite a bit if someone agrees to do it
The Following User Says Thank You to trax7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift trax7 Ad-Free
6th February 2018, 07:37 PM |#5  
Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trax7

Hello, what about a device that has a current working version of TWRP but is not maintained, does not have encryption working and is the older 3.1.1 version?

I'm mainly asking for the encryption as a lot of people are going to find it very useful. I'm not using it myself but still. I have some knowledge about it, can't do it myself but can help quite a bit if someone agrees to do it

That's okay. You can still create request even if you already have a TWRP. We'll look onto it too
The Following User Says Thank You to berkantkz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th February 2018, 07:56 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by berkantkz

That's okay. You can still create request even if you already have a TWRP. We'll look onto it too

I can give you the source of the one I was talking about and using. Want me to link it? Its for a Sony Z5 Compact.

Edit: I think there's a bug in the app. I created an account, logged out and now it's not letting me back in with my credentials. Clearing data doesn't help.

Edit 2: Huh, now I launched it and its logged in...
6th February 2018, 09:06 PM |#7  
Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I can give you the source of the one I was talking about and using. Want me to link it? Its for a Sony Z5 Compact.

Edit: I think there's a bug in the app. I created an account, logged out and now it's not letting me back in with my credentials. Clearing data doesn't help.

Edit 2: Huh, now I launched it and its logged in...

It'd be good if you gave us the sources, to be honest.

Anyways, create a request on the app since we don't release it here or somewhere else than our web page.
The Following User Says Thank You to berkantkz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th February 2018, 09:54 PM |#8  

More
Quote:

It'd be good if you gave us the sources, to be honest.

Anyways, create a request on the app since we don't release it here or somewhere else than our web page.

Yes, buut I don't have the original recovery rn.. :/
7th February 2018, 06:27 AM |#9  
Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yes, buut I don't have the original recovery rn.. :/

If you have root access on your device, we get the working recovery from your device. If it's not rooted, download stock/working recovery on your device and upload it through our app.
7th February 2018, 07:47 AM |#10  

More
Quote:

If you have root access on your device, we get the working recovery from your device. If it's not rooted, download stock/working recovery on your device and upload it through our app.

I'm stock rooted amd custom kernel'd. The stock recovery has long been replaced with the TWRP I was talking about I will upload the stock one today and post TWRP source here.
The Following User Says Thank You to trax7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift trax7 Ad-Free
7th February 2018, 08:27 AM |#11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 221

More
Quote:

I'm stock rooted amd custom kernel'd. The stock recovery has long been replaced with the TWRP I was talking about I will upload the stock one today and post TWRP source here.

Actually, it doesn't matter which recovery your device has. As long as it boots and works well, there wouldn't be any problem.

If you're already rooted, just install our app and apply steps to create request. Recovery that you already have will be uploaded to our servers and this is ok.

berkantkz
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TwrpBuilder For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TwrpBuilder Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)