[APP] [5.0+] Warden - App Manager

701 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,884

Post Reply Email Thread
30th June 2020, 01:30 PM |#31  
Flag Barrie
Thanks Meter: 27

More
So what do we do about loggers? I've seen sl4j-timber come up in a few of mine but there doesn't appear to be anything to do with loggers except view the list.
30th June 2020, 01:36 PM |#32  
Flag Waukee, IA
Thanks Meter: 149

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyOrean

Hey there, it would be nice if you can provide the app name that is having issue, so that I can fix it.

Its the app next to the currently visible app, like you you see it stuck on "Anydesk" the app next to it has the issue.
You can find the next app name in app list, it is sorted alphabetically.

Agent A
co.yakand.agentaapuzzleindisguise
30th June 2020, 02:25 PM |#33  
Flag Kyiv
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Thanks for a convenient app!
But I have the same issue described above.
When using "Nuke it!" application stops at random app, tried it about 10 times,
it runs about 1-2 minutes and then hangs on scanning random app, each time on different app.
I have galaxy s20 rooted (snapdragon version).
30th June 2020, 06:22 PM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Kudos for creating such a wonderful app.

For me the app worked quite smoothly. However, l noticed how much storage the app was taking up. Like after 2-3 scans it started taking upto over 800mb of space. Another thing that would make the app even nicer, if there was a information below the trackers/loggers on an app, stating if they are still working or not and when was the last time they were active.

One stupid question, would be really nice if someone could help me out. Like XPrivacyLua has an option to prevent trackers from getting information about me and feeds them blank information instead. So, in a way, it works a bit similar to blocking trackers as well?
30th June 2020, 07:01 PM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 1,145

More
Quote:

Hey there, it would be nice if you can provide the app name that is having issue, so that I can fix it.

Its the app next to the currently visible app, like you you see it stuck on "Anydesk" the app next to it has the issue.
You can find the next app name in app list, it is sorted alphabetically.

It got stuck on GRIS when I scanned only user apps, so I uninstalled GRIS and tried again and the scan got completed. It also got stuck on a OnePlus system apk when I included system apps in the scan. Here are the app details. Is there any way to exclude an app from a scan so I can finish the rest of the scan (since uninstalling system apps is more cumbersome and not possible without modding)?

Edit: these are the apps with the issue, I realise I worded my post in a way that didn't indicate that it was the next app in the list
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200630-232457.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	196.7 KB
ID:	5050777   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200630-232938.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	223.4 KB
ID:	5050779  
30th June 2020, 09:15 PM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 288

More
Great to see another powerful app to take back control over our phones. Awesome that you made it open source!
@WhyOrean does Warden prevent apps from re-enabling components? The Google Play services (com.google.android.gms) are infamous for re-enabling disabled services
30th June 2020, 10:05 PM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Quote:

Hey there,

There was an issue in alpha builds of Warden, make sure you are on the latest release.

If you are already on the latest build, I will look into it and fix asap.

Thank you,
I'm using 1.0.2 version of the app, but I had no luck with the scanning, it keeps getting stuck at VLC.
I'd like to send you a logcat, but my pc's adb refuses to work today. If you think it could be useful, I'll try tomorrow again.
30th June 2020, 10:15 PM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 1,145

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tremalnaik

Thank you,
I'm using 1.0.2 version of the app, but I had no luck with the scanning, it keeps getting stuck at VLC.
I'd like to send you a logcat, but my pc's adb refuses to work today. If you think it could be useful, I'll try tomorrow again.

Might be a good idea to read the rest of the page too for the stuck issue (not the odex one)

Fwiw, I have VLC and I don't get stuck scanning it, although I got stuck at a couple of other apps

https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...7/post82956191
30th June 2020, 11:27 PM |#39  
Flag ???
Thanks Meter: 234

Donate to Me
More
Amazing tool. Fight for privacy. Thank you!
1st July 2020, 04:52 AM |#40  
Thanks Meter: 108

More
I've historically used a few tools to check apps for these things. (Some of which popup after app install when questionable perms are detected.)

First question I have to ask is how much of this per-user scan data is uploaded to the "WhyOrean mothership"?? Not trying to ridicule your effort but in this field a bit of skepticism is not such a bad thing.

Regarding the "disabling" part - are you re-packaging an offending app's APK, or ??

Thanks much, and thanks for your work on Aurora.
1st July 2020, 05:37 AM |#41  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 2,884

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tremalnaik

Thank you,

Quote:
Originally Posted by knpk13

It got stuck on GRIS when I scanned only user apps, so I uninstalled GRIS and tried again and the scan got completed. It also got stuck on a OnePlus system apk when I included system apps in the scan. Here are the app details. Is there any way to exclude an app from a scan so I can finish the rest of the scan (since uninstalling system apps is more cumbersome and not possible without modding)?

Edit: these are the apps with the issue, I realise I worded my post in a way that didn't indicate that it was the next app in the list

Hey there I got the issue, its due to OOM (Out of memory) android has a cap on how much max memory an app can use, Warden tends to reach above max while scanning large apks, causing app to freeze.
I'm working on it, will patch it ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_m

Great to see another powerful app to take back control over our phones. Awesome that you made it open source!
@WhyOrean does Warden prevent apps from re-enabling components? The Google Play services (com.google.android.gms) are infamous for re-enabling disabled services

Although I haven't added any such mechanism to prevent other apps to override, kindly check it once on your side.
In case PlayServices is overriding, I will find a solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exabyter

I've historically used a few tools to check apps for these things. (Some of which popup after app install when questionable perms are detected.)

The first question I have to ask is how much of this per-user scan data is uploaded to the "WhyOrean mothership"?? Not trying to ridicule your effort but in this field, a bit of skepticism is not such a bad thing.

Regarding the "disabling" part - are you re-packaging an offending app's APK, or ??

Thanks much, and thanks for your work on Aurora.

1. Aurora OSS follows a strict policy of no user data collection, btw its open-source feel free to audit it. (PS: I prefer nudes )
2. No, you need not unpack & repack apps to disable components or the app itself.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WhyOrean For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WhyOrean Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)