FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Xfinity TV Mod Android Box (HDMI output)

133 posts
Thanks Meter: 223

By aiemassfiria, Senior Member on 11th January 2017, 12:11 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd January 2017, 01:53 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiemassfiria

Im modded an apk for Xfinity TV (new and latest not Xfinity TV go)

h t t p : / / 1 9 9 . 1 7 5 . 5 3 . 2 1 / x f i n i t y t v m o d . a p k

Tested on my cheap android box T95N Marshmallow. At Lollipop its force close but just try ok...:P

Thanks for the mod but how do I login without a membership? And every time I try to register for a new one..it tells me that it can't find me. What to do?
24th January 2017, 07:38 AM |#12  
OP Senior Member

More
Bump sharing
24th January 2017, 11:43 AM |#13  
Flag Portland
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OM619

I got this working on a M8S + but not on a nexus player

I'm not home to be able to try this ATM.
What did it do on the NexusPlayer? FC?
24th January 2017, 11:11 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by renoob

I'm not home to be able to try this ATM.
What did it do on the NexusPlayer? FC?

When you open the app it closes right away and goes to the main screen, tested on a Nexus player on android 7 and a rooted nexus player on android 6
25th January 2017, 01:54 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OM619

When you open the app it closes right away and goes to the main screen, tested on a Nexus player on android 7 and a rooted nexus player on android 6

The same thing happens on a Mi Box Android TV 6.0.

I am currently using an older version on the MI Box, but using the latest version would be a nice option.
25th January 2017, 02:23 AM |#16  
OP Senior Member

More
Leanback Issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by weexy

I am currently using an older version on the MI Box, but using the latest version would be a nice option.

I thinks its not compatible on Android box leanback version. Im tested too on K2 Pro nonleanback Rom and its work fine..then after im modding my K2 Pro to Leanback rom the app is force close like u said. So far i can see its work only on non-leanback Android. Tested too on my AFTV2 and its force close too.
25th January 2017, 02:28 AM |#17  
OP Senior Member

More
Apks
Quote:

Can i get the apk. U can upload to somewhere or give me the version that u use. Need to try at my leanback box
25th January 2017, 04:52 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiemassfiria

Can i get the apk. U can upload to somewhere or give me the version that u use. Need to try at my leanback box

The older versions that work on the MI box and Fire TV do not block the HDMI output and do not require modifying. I am currently using version 3.2.1.028 that can be downloaded from APKmirror.

I thought the modified APK was to remove the HDMI output detection, but after reading the thread again, I could be misunderstanding what the modified APK is for.
25th January 2017, 06:56 AM |#19  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

The older versions that work on the MI box and Fire TV do not block the HDMI output and do not require modifying. I am currently using version 3.2.1.028 that can be downloaded from APKmirror.

I thought the modified APK was to remove the HDMI output detection, but after reading the thread again, I could be misunderstanding what the modified APK is for.

Already test
XFINITY TV 3.2.1.028 old version and yes its works without any modification. Latest version NOT because its detected HDMI. The modded apk is the latest version and i already remove the HDMI detection..the force close issues is not because the HDMI...its compatibility issues..yes some box can use the apk and some box cannot and that means you can only using it on OLDER version...and just imagine 1 day if Xfinity upgraded the system at their server to filter recomended version and apk like happen to Xfinity TV Go before...there must be somthing to do with it...and before they take the action...we need to take action 1st.
The Following User Says Thank You to aiemassfiria For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aiemassfiria Ad-Free
25th January 2017, 03:10 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Tested on stock 2015 Shield TV, force close....old apk works but no scrolling through channels with the d-pad and it also asks you to confirm to use cellular data every time you change channel. Hope someone can figure out a fix.
26th January 2017, 04:55 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Tested the mod on a Sony Android TV. It has the same shutdown when launching.
Hopefully that can eventually be worked around.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)