FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor View 10

How to make source code of a new device?

59 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

Post Reply Email Thread
Anyone here can u tell me how to create source code of a new device as my device is INFOCUS M680, kernel source.
I have used another device as same board to create source of my device but the kernel source is different. So anyone can tell me how to create kernel source and device tree.
My kernel version is 3.18.19+
The Following User Says Thank You to Mohd.faraz.abc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mohd.faraz.abc Ad-Free

9th March 2017, 11:04 PM |#2  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 104

More
Find the open sources for your device and download them. You need to match the build number from that release to the build number for the AOSP sources and download those as well. I have only done Samsung so far but the instructions are fairly clear for merging the sources. Next you need hardware drivers, in my case I have tons of free drive space so I just copied the entire /etc and /vendor from my device firmware.

A lot of time can be saved by downloading a matching sources from a custom rom. You can take configuration files and etc.

No open sources and no custom roms? You should start on something easier my friend. But if you want to continue forward with that I am guessing here. Unpack the boot.img and recovery.img files with the available unpackers. (save the info for the images and follow how to repack carefully) Match your build number to the AOSP sources and get the kernel. Modify, hack, gather and assemble what you need to make a new boot.img and recovery.img. Then with great courage comes lots of bricked devices..

Late reply so I didn't try to hard there. I will always help people send me a PM if your stuck
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to droidvoider For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift droidvoider Ad-Free
1st June 2017, 12:15 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidvoider

Find the open sources for your device and download them. You need to match the build number from that release to the build number for the AOSP sources and download those as well. I have only done Samsung so far but the instructions are fairly clear for merging the sources. Next you need hardware drivers, in my case I have tons of free drive space so I just copied the entire /etc and /vendor from my device firmware.

A lot of time can be saved by downloading a matching sources from a custom rom. You can take configuration files and etc.

No open sources and no custom roms? You should start on something easier my friend. But if you want to continue forward with that I am guessing here. Unpack the boot.img and recovery.img files with the available unpackers. (save the info for the images and follow how to repack carefully) Match your build number to the AOSP sources and get the kernel. Modify, hack, gather and assemble what you need to make a new boot.img and recovery.img. Then with great courage comes lots of bricked devices..

Late reply so I didn't try to hard there. I will always help people send me a PM if your stuck

Thanks for your reply.
I am planning to create a custom rom for my samsung tab A Sm-P555
Where do I start ? Is there AOSP for it ? How do I unpack everything ? Could you help me as I was very new to this ?
Many thanks in advance.
1st June 2017, 11:12 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 155

More
all you need is here
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pumpkins12 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pumpkins12 Ad-Free
31st October 2017, 07:47 AM |#5  
Flag México
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidvoider

Hola
Perdón pero estoy sufriendo errores con la app XDA labs
1st December 2017, 07:14 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thank you
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)