Thanks Meter: 26

By pckoloji, Senior Member on 4th September 2014, 08:40 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th September 2014, 01:00 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag warsaw

More
Sorry to hear Root Towel does not work. It means if there will be an official update it might refuse to install or even if installs then no more root solution.

Rooting helped me to install Titanium, Xposed Installer (Gravitybox) and Viper4droid FX. Last one improves the sound output clearly. But yes ext. speakers are loud but Mono.

I use Nova Launcher, too.

Don't forget to try Qualcomm's BatteryGuru app for Snapdragon SoC.
The Following User Says Thank You to pckoloji For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pckoloji Ad-Free
25th September 2014, 04:21 PM |#12  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Sign It's good to know I'm not the only one with this phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by pckoloji

Sorry to hear Root Towel does not work. It means if there will be an official update it might refuse to install or even if installs then no more root solution.

Rooting helped me to install Titanium, Xposed Installer (Gravitybox) and Viper4droid FX. Last one improves the sound output clearly. But yes ext. speakers are loud but Mono.

I use Nova Launcher, too.

Don't forget to try Qualcomm's BatteryGuru app for Snapdragon SoC.

Thanks for the answer. It's about time to have to get the root, so I must just wait a couple of months and Vroot friends or Towelroot they will succeed.

As data, yesterday I installed it on my computer the "Mobile Upgrade Q" software, version 4.6.5 from Alcatel page and it detected my phone without problems. After 2 and a half hours to get the "upgrade" from their servers (from China I guess), my phone was formatted and received exactly the same version as before: Android 4.3, Build JLS36C. I must admit that I breathed after that, and I could have left with a piece of brick. Relief.

It's good to know I'm not the only one with this phone. I will light a candle for the Root out soon. A hug and thanks again.
15th October 2014, 11:42 PM |#13  

More
Red face
Hi everyone,

Please note an update is available from the phone (in France) (I have not tested with the PC software) but this is not an update to kitkat (4.3 still). She made me lose root and I can not put it back with towelroot. I have not seen any big changes, only a few details. I advise you not to do it ... unless you want to help me find a solution to reset the root!
So it is impossible to put the cpu setting with ... autonomy is not as good.
The Following User Says Thank You to ouigo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ouigo Ad-Free
16th October 2014, 03:13 AM |#14  
Notice: Improvements to 10 Post Rule
A New Q & A thread has been created in the Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting Sub-Forum, for This Topic.
New Discussion and Q & A Tabs have also been created, located just under threads Title when viewing in a Browser.
Posts from members with less than 10 posts will automatically be posted in the new Q & A thread.
Please check it out, and see if you can help out someone with a question about this Topic.
For more about this new feature see: Improvements to 10 Post Rule
25th October 2014, 04:47 AM |#15  
Flag Santiago

More
Welcome to the club!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouigo

Hi everyone,

Please note an update is available from the phone (in France) (I have not tested with the PC software) but this is not an update to kitkat (4.3 still). She made me lose root and I can not put it back with towelroot. I have not seen any big changes, only a few details. I advise you not to do it ... unless you want to help me find a solution to reset the root!
So it is impossible to put the cpu setting with ... autonomy is not as good.

Vroot and Towelroot only works with the previous kernel version to 3 June. In my case, my phone already came with the updated kernel, so now you're like me, stuck for a while.

Having root again is only a matter of time so we just have to wait.

According to GSMArena, this phone will receive Kitkat, so hopefully our Chinese friends TCL (Alcatel) do not forget this model and check out the new version.
4th January 2015, 06:04 AM |#16  
Flag Santiago

More
Sign How Root Alcatel One Touch Idol 2 S (6050)
Finally I could Rooting my phone Alcatel OneTouch Idol 2 S (6050), also known as ÖWN S5030 and TCL S830U.

The steps are:

1. Go to: http://www.decker.su/2014/11/cwm-rec...-ot-6050y.html
2. Download package 'cwm_alcatel_6050y.7z'
3. Extract all files
4. Install ABD drivers from file 'AdbDriverInstaller.exe'
5. Put your device in FastBoot mode (turn it off, than, hold Volume Down + Power button. After Alcatel One Touch Idol 2S logo appears, release buttons)
6. If you did everything correctly - Alcatel logo will stay on screen. Plug in phone via USB.
7. Run file 'check_device.cmd'. If Ok, you can see "9e0eb10 fastboot" caption at bottom of command
window (digits can be other). If you see this caption - follow next step, if don't - check adb drivers.
8. Run file 'flash_recovery.cmd' to flash cwm. All done. To boot into CWM turn off power, and hold Volume Up and press Power.
9. Now the SuperSU. Go to : http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...t2902408/page2
10. Download file 'BETA-SuperSU-v2.42.zip' and copy to the phone
11. Flash ZIP with CWM

Source 1: http://www.decker.su/2014/11/cwm-rec...-ot-6050y.html)
Source 2: http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...t2902408/page2
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iceman2029 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iceman2029 Ad-Free
20th January 2015, 08:59 AM |#17  
Flag Fort Mcmurray
Thanks Meter: 1,128

Donate to Me
More
anyone have a captured OTA / know how to update to kk after rooting? getting failed, and don't have a stock firmware to restore to
23rd January 2015, 06:27 PM |#18  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Im interested in buying this phone so can anyone tell me if the processor is mediatek or quallcom.
25th January 2015, 11:35 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyoh

Im interested in buying this phone so can anyone tell me if the processor is mediatek or quallcom.

Qualcomm

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restl3ss

anyone have a captured OTA / know how to update to kk after rooting? getting failed, and don't have a stock firmware to restore to

What did you try to update with, since there's no official update ?
And I have a backup of the 4.3 rom, you can restore the system partition with it
25th January 2015, 11:47 AM |#20  
Flag Fort Mcmurray
Thanks Meter: 1,128

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drattak

Qualcomm

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

What did you try to update with, since there's no official update ?
And I have a backup of the 4.3 rom, you can restore the system partition with it

Managed to update with alcatels PC tool. (Took 8 freaking hours to download)
On update - I'm using the 6050a which currently has kk. I managed to capture the ota from the tool and I'm gonna try releasing a zip for 6050y (AFAIK the hardware is the same, so should work fine if build.prop is edited accordingly. )
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Restl3ss For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Restl3ss Ad-Free
25th January 2015, 02:08 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restl3ss

Managed to update with alcatels PC tool. (Took 8 freaking hours to download)
On update - I'm using the 6050a which currently has kk. I managed to capture the ota from the tool and I'm gonna try releasing a zip for 6050y (AFAIK the hardware is the same, so should work fine if build.prop is edited accordingly. )

How much time do you think it will take to make the zip ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
alcatel, idol 2 s, one touch, root, simlock

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)