Post Reply Email Thread
22nd May 2020, 07:15 AM |#1201  
Flag Crete,,,Heraklio
Thanks Meter: 757

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diplomatic

Have you copied a magiskinit file to init.d/bin?

I really doubt mtk-su will work on it. Android on official TVs or media boxes tends to be very locked down. You're not supposed to root any device that streams premium content.

So after some hard work yesterday,i patched a boot.img from latest sony firmware update using magisk,flashed to tv and bricked,only sony logo and then power off,no recovery no fastboot mode,i have to open extract boot.img to see what when wrong but first i have to repair my tv,maybe if i patched the system.img and root this and not the boot img
23rd May 2020, 05:26 AM |#1202  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,764

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobas92

I didn't figure it was worth trying honestly, still no way of writing to /system on the HD 10 2019. That module still needs write access, doesn't it?

I think all modules can be installed in systemless mode. They don't need to write directly to /system, but the files are mounted as a temporary overlay on top of it. That doesn't mean it'll work though. It might still need to be loaded early in the boot process. No harm in trying it out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefteris Fragiadakis (Frago)

So after some hard work yesterday,i patched a boot.img from latest sony firmware update using magisk,flashed to tv and bricked,only sony logo and then power off,no recovery no fastboot mode,i have to open extract boot.img to see what when wrong but first i have to repair my tv,maybe if i patched the system.img and root this and not the boot img

Ouch... not sure what to tell you. If the OS is Android 9, then it was also necessary to disable verification in vbmeta. Not to add insult, but you should have prepared for this by making sure you could get to fastboot independently of Android. Or have some other way to flash to the storage. When you flash a modded boot image there is always a significant risk it will not boot. Maybe it works like a phone/tablet in the sense you can hold a button while you power it on, and that will get you to fastboot or recovery. Just a guess. You can also try SP Flash Tool since this is MTK, but I doubt it's compatible with that chip. I didn't see a reference to any mt58xx platforms in SPFT binaries.
The Following User Says Thank You to diplomatic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift diplomatic Ad-Free
23rd May 2020, 06:15 AM |#1203  
Flag Crete,,,Heraklio

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I think all modules can be installed in systemless mode. They don't need to write directly to /system, but the files are mounted as a temporary overlay on top of it. That doesn't mean it'll work though. It might still need to be loaded early in the boot process. No harm in trying it out...

Ouch... not sure what to tell you. If the OS is Android 9, then it was also necessary to disable verification in vbmeta. Not to add insult, but you should have prepared for this by making sure you could get to fastboot independently of Android. Or have some other way to flash to the storage. When you flash a modded boot image there is always a significant risk it will not boot. Maybe it works like a phone/tablet in the sense you can hold a button while you power it on, and that will get you to fastboot or recovery. Just a guess. You can also try SP Flash Tool since this is MTK, but I doubt it's compatible with that chip. I didn't see a reference to any mt58xx platforms in SPFT binaries.

No problem, i said to Sony that it bricked from an update 😜, they will fix it on monday amd then i will try again, i Just need someone to examine the img files and help me try again, if i upload the full system dump, can you have a look? No one have ever root Sony android tv but i know, the security is not too much
23rd May 2020, 06:55 AM |#1204  
Flag Bristol, TN
Thanks Meter: 204

More
Quote:

I'll definitely give it a try, thanks

Update: It seems that I cannot install many modules, not sure why. Just says please install Magisk 20.0+ in terminal readout under failed message Tried 20.2 and 20.4. I also tried after a warm reboot but no dice. I did manage to install the systemless hosts module though with no issue, and it works fine so that's pretty cool.
24th May 2020, 09:53 AM |#1205  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefteris Fragiadakis (Frago)

No problem, i said to Sony that it bricked from an update , they will fix it on monday amd then i will try again, i Just need someone to examine the img files and help me try again, if i upload the full system dump, can you have a look? No one have ever root Sony android tv but i know, the security is not too much

Uh, I can check for some obvious problems, but that wouldn't guarantee that the boot img will work. If you can't get into fastboot or recovery from power-on, there is not much point in trying to install root. You are gambling with your TV every time you flash some image. Are you going to ask Sony to bail you out every time it bricks? At least try to find out from the repair guy what the recovery procedure is first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobas92

I'll definitely give it a try, thanks

Update: It seems that I cannot install many modules, not sure why. Just says please install Magisk 20.0+ in terminal readout under failed message Tried 20.2 and 20.4. I also tried after a warm reboot but no dice. I did manage to install the systemless hosts module though with no issue, and it works fine so that's pretty cool.

Try deleting /data/adb/magisk/busybox and restart MM to do a refresh.
The Following User Says Thank You to diplomatic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift diplomatic Ad-Free
24th May 2020, 10:04 AM |#1206  
Flag Crete,,,Heraklio

Donate to Me
More
@diplomatic

I think i found the way for flash,
I went to Sony service for asking for my tv, and i saw this

https://www.amazon.com/Letotech-Seri.../dp/B07C6MBS26

But i have to wait for the tv to come to check,
So my friend, do you want from me to upload tbe full partitions dump and give you the link for checking?
24th May 2020, 01:49 PM |#1207  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
@Lefteris Fragiadakis (Frago), ok, but I think we should move to PMs, because that's pretty off topic now.
25th May 2020, 10:30 PM |#1208  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
it says incompitable platform!
I pushed both the scripts "arm/mtk-su" && "arm64/mtk-su" tried to chkmod both but got no luck......my device is CHP1803 oppo...A3S...
lilnks to the error are somewhere here... image please help me root this device i really want to experiment new things.
Thank You in advance
26th May 2020, 01:56 PM |#1209  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Mediatek-based devices only, @paco.io
26th May 2020, 06:13 PM |#1210  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
should is used other scripts for this??
Quote:

Mediatek-based devices only, @paco.io

should i use another scripts to root my device, i followed this thread because when i root my device with mtk easy root it showed me the link of this thread saying platform not compitable.
30th May 2020, 03:13 PM |#1211  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paco.io

should i use another scripts to root my device, i followed this thread because when i root my device with mtk easy root it showed me the link of this thread saying platform not compitable.

Your device is not compatible, simple as that
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mediatek, mt67xx, root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)