933 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,190

By diplomatic, Senior Member on 17th April 2019, 12:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th July 2019, 08:11 PM |#261  
Flag Indianapolis, IN
Thanks Meter: 1,320

More
With the assumption that adb and fastboot are set up correctly, will this work with a Linux PC connected, instead of a Windows PC?

11th July 2019, 08:31 PM |#262  
Thanks Meter: 104

More
@martyfender
For this process, I generally boot my laptop to Ubuntu instead of Windows 10 because ADB and fastboot are more reliable there LOL.
Also, I have other Android tools setup on linux; and using the same commands from the terminal and adb shell is a lot easier than having to jump back-and-forth between PS/CMD and adb shell.
The Following User Says Thank You to NFSP G35 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NFSP G35 Ad-Free
11th July 2019, 09:35 PM |#263  
Flag Indianapolis, IN
Thanks Meter: 1,320

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFSP G35

@martyfender
For this process, I generally boot my laptop to Ubuntu instead of Windows 10 because ADB and fastboot are more reliable there LOL.
Also, I have other Android tools setup on linux; and using the same commands from the terminal and adb shell is a lot easier than having to jump back-and-forth between PS/CMD and adb shell.

Yes, I also find it more reliable on my Linux Mint, as well. I am considering getting one of the previously mentioned Onn 8" tablets.

However, I would prefer waiting until someone builds a working TWRP for it. Do you have any news on that? I posted on the Onn thread for it, but have not gotten a response, yet.

Thanks
11th July 2019, 10:00 PM |#264  
Thanks Meter: 104

More
OT for here, I'll respond in the other thread or pm you
The Following User Says Thank You to NFSP G35 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NFSP G35 Ad-Free
12th July 2019, 03:48 AM |#265  
Thanks Meter: 1,180

More
When launching magic from the mtk-su is it normal to not be able to use magiskhide? and for cts profile to fail (safety net)?
12th July 2019, 11:26 AM |#266  
Thanks Meter: 377

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diplomatic

@Rortiz2, I see. Well, $hit happens...
Currently working on the Wiko phone problem.
@abdoh01, great question! I would like to know the answer to that as well. (BTW, no need to quote that entire giant post.)

@diplomatic @abdoh01 .. i have a K8 which is like k10 with lower specs ...there is another root method and also a tool to build a twrp for your LG ..this method could work with some adjustments ..supersu or su can't run or be installed due to a different compression type used by LG on the K devices ..you need a special zip that can be found in K8 forums to decompress then flash su then recompress for the phone to boot

i wanted to play with this on my K8 but my screen + digitozer broke so i need to order a replacement.

read here about lz4 compression
https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-...k350n-t3475807
12th July 2019, 11:45 AM |#267  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniff26

Tried this on Nokia 3.1 Plus, Android 9
In the thread it says its supported but when i run ./mtk-su i get this

Code:
armv8l machine
param1: 0x1000, param2: 0x8040, type: 14
Building symbol table
Can't find kallsyms addresses
Unable to get kernel symbol table
New UID/GID: 2000/2000
starting /system/bin/sh
Any help maybe?

Yes works on nokia 3.1 plus. BUT, you have pie(Android 9).

This is still in trials right now.
There was some changes needed to make it work on pie. A test build did work, but I don't know if it is ready for release yet.
12th July 2019, 05:24 PM |#268  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
OUKITEL K12 -> http://www.oukitel.com/products/k/oukitel-k12-114.html

tk-su_r16 -> not work
firmware and/or the kernel -> not available

Code:
K12:/data/local/tmp $ ./mtk-su                                                                                    
Can't find kallsyms addresses or offsets
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190712-181545.png
Views:	68
Size:	175.8 KB
ID:	4791217  
12th July 2019, 10:07 PM |#269  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senral

OUKITEL K12 -> http://www.oukitel.com/products/k/oukitel-k12-114.html

tk-su_r16 -> not work
firmware and/or the kernel -> not available

Code:
K12:/data/local/tmp $ ./mtk-su                                                                                    
Can't find kallsyms addresses or offsets

That is Android 9. Soon an update will be published that will work on 9. Try new version when it's available
13th July 2019, 07:37 AM |#270  
Flag ismailia
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevMetal

@diplomatic @abdoh01 .. i have a K8 which is like k10 with lower specs ...there is another root method and also a tool to build a twrp for your LG ..this method could work with some adjustments ..supersu or su can't run or be installed due to a different compression type used by LG on the K devices ..you need a special zip that can be found in K8 forums to decompress then flash su then recompress for the phone to boot

i wanted to play with this on my K8 but my screen + digitozer broke so i need to order a replacement.

read here about lz4 compression
https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-...k350n-t3475807

actically you dont need to flash rce_univ.zip twice this cause you will use magsik not regular superuser
so you dont have to decompress then flash su then recompress cause magisk support lz4
and still dont know if it will work on lg k devices or not
13th July 2019, 08:00 AM |#271  
Flag iasi
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmazak

Yes works on nokia 3.1 plus. BUT, you have pie(Android 9).

This is still in trials right now.
There was some changes needed to make it work on pie. A test build did work, but I don't know if it is ready for release yet.

Well, i'll wait, also, thanks to the developer who puts hard work for that!
The Following User Says Thank You to Sniff26 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sniff26 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mediatek, mt67xx, root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)