1,151 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,478

By diplomatic, Senior Member on 17th April 2019, 01:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd November 2019, 11:07 PM |#671  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi Is there an explanatory video to explain how Root works
Hi Is there an explanatory video to explain how Root works plz help me my telephone is nokia 3.1plus
23rd November 2019, 10:09 AM |#672  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I like to confirm this thread works BLU Vivo XI (MT6762)
Rooted it via Magisk after dumping boot.img with privilege adb shell

i have a off topic question thou can you make a custom TWRP for me i have all partition like boot.img, recovery.img, system.img if you needed it ...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ineedroot69 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ineedroot69 Ad-Free
28th November 2019, 11:52 PM |#673  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Does anyone know if this would work for MT8765A chipset? If not, has anything heard of a root method for it? I searched to no avail.

Thanks!
29th November 2019, 05:26 AM |#674  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
@mariojohn, yes, it will work on that chipset...unless it won't. But for real, if you have the device in question on hand, there is no point in asking if mtk-su will work on it. This is my standard response to any "Will it work on..." question. You're really the best person to answer it and it only takes a few minutes to try it out. So do report your results along with the requested materials if it fails.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diplomatic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift diplomatic Ad-Free
29th November 2019, 05:34 AM |#675  

More
Thanks. I'll give it a whirl and see.
30th November 2019, 08:55 AM |#676  
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Tried to root an Amazon Fire 7 (2019) using the guide here but the scripts on init.d but it's not working, I followed the instructions except for using the R16 file because it's no longer available, tried R17 and R19 from the arm folder and it's not working, can't get root.
30th November 2019, 09:36 PM |#677  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
@daLareid, have you checked if your firmware/Fire OS version is lower than or equal to the last agreeable version as listed in post 3? The last mtk-su release is always the current one for every device.
1st December 2019, 04:37 AM |#678  

More
Confirmation! Works with mt8765a chipset. Alcatel 3t 9027w.

However, without custom recovery or rooted boot image, can't do much after that.
The Following User Says Thank You to mariojohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mariojohn Ad-Free
1st December 2019, 05:20 AM |#679  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojohn

However, without custom recovery or rooted boot image, can't do much after that.

just dump boot.img or recovery.img and use them to root with magisk 😀
my phone still has no custom recovery /TWRP but im rooted with magisk
1st December 2019, 11:45 PM |#680  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojohn

Awesome! Have you seen the bootless full-root method in this thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ineedroot69

just dump boot.img or recovery.img and use them to root with magisk
my phone still has no custom recovery /TWRP but im rooted with magisk

This is only safe to try if the bootloader is unlocked.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diplomatic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift diplomatic Ad-Free
4th December 2019, 01:52 AM |#681  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diplomatic

Get full root with Magisk on a locked bootloader!

A major new development in MTK rooting is here. Now you can have Magisk on locked down devices! It runs entirely from the data partition: no need to modify boot or system. Any app that wants root access can have it. All Magisk Manager features are there as well.

Now for the not-so-fine print: Read this whole post before starting. Only use this on devices on which you can recover the firmware through an outside channel such as recovery mode, download tool, etc. It's still unclear how safe this is to run on locked devices. After launching this system, there is still significant potential to brick your device. While precautions have been taken to block modifications to the boot partition, not everything has or can be accounted for. You must anticipate when a superuser action might alter your boot or system partitions and avoid doing that command. Do not try to update Magisk through Magisk Manager's Direct Install!... Even though testing has shown that that feature will fail, it might succeed with future versions of MM or on specific devices.

REQUIREMENTS
A device compatible with mtk-su
mtk-su R15 (R17 for Pie) or higher
Magisk not installed on device
Familiarity with the Thanks button

LIMITATIONS
Cannot modify boot partition unless bootloader is unlocked
Cannot modify system/vendor partitions unless boot partition is altered
Only Magisk versions up to 18.1 are currently supported--Magisk 19.x has lost the required 'magisk --startup' functionality
Your mileage may vary with Android 9

INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Make sure you meet all the requirements, including the last one.
  2. Download and install the init.d scripts support app. (Support the developer.)
  3. Make a folder named 'init.d' on your internal storage. Also make a 'bin' folder inside 'init.d'. Set up the init.d app up like this:
    • Try to acquire root privileges: unchecked
    • Run scripts at boot time: checked
    • Execution delay: No delay
    • Selected folder: /storage/emulated/0/init.d
    • Execute all files: unchecked
    Remember that the folder structure has to be exactly as described, unless you manually edit the path in the script. You can also, in principle, use a different app if you want, but in that case you have to edit the package name path in the script as well.
  4. Download and install the Magisk Manager apk. For Android 9, the highest version that will work is 7.1.1. The latest version should be usable for Android 8.x and lower, but 7.1.1 may be better in all cases.
  5. In MM, go to Settings, Update Channel, Custom, and enter this URL: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/to...88/stable.json . This will freeze the update version of Magisk at 18.1. That's necessary for MM to create the right environment for Magisk modules to work.
  6. Download the current su-boot script, unzip it, and put suboot.sh inside your /sdcard/init.d folder.
  7. Download the current mtk-su zip and put your appropriate mtk-su file in your /sdcard/init.d/bin folder.
  8. Download the Magisk 18.1 zip (not 19.x or higher). Extract the arm/magiskinit file and move it to your /sdcard/init.d/bin folder. That is the only file you will need from that zip. (Support the developer.)
  9. Now you should be ready to launch the Magisk backend. Either reboot or tap 'Run scripts now'. The process will take a few seconds before telling you that 1 script has finished. If it ran successfully, last execution result will show something like this:
    Code:
    UID: 0  cap: 3fffffffff  selinux: permissive
    source type magisk does not exist
    Error in: allow magisk (null) (null) (null)
    client: launching new main daemon process
    That output was made by the latest mtk-su & suboot script. If you get a different result, then something may have gone wrong.
  10. At this point, you should be able to run 'su' or do a root request from an app and get a prompt.
  11. When you open Magisk Manager, it will prompt you with Requires Additional Setup. On this window, you can tap Yes. This is safe. Make sure that you have done step 5 before doing this.
  12. Turn off update checking in MM. Never try to do a direct-install Magisk Update on a locked device.

DOWNLOAD (UPDATED 2019-07-29)
suboot.zip

FAQ
My Magisk modules will not load properly. What is going on?
This method can only launch root after the init.d app starts up and runs the script. This is late in the boot cycle. Up to that point, root is not available. Unfortunately, many Magisk modules need to be loaded early in the boot process to work properly. I don't think there is much that can be done about that. (Perhaps a warm reboot would help, but that would cause problems of its own.)

Can I modify or reimplement the suboot script and distribute it?
Yes, absolutely. You may do whatever you want with the suboot.sh script. However, you may not distribute the mtk-su zip or binary. Instead, please ask your users to download the latest release from this thread.

CREDITS
Huge thanks to @mrmazak for helping me get this up and running on Android Pie

Does this work on an lg stylo 4 running android 9?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mediatek, mt67xx, root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)