Black Shark Global Stock firmware

Search This thread

FasterBit

Mar 2, 2019
I flashed this firmware and appears new update in JoyUi. I choose to update now but JoyUi keeps the old version and notifies again about the new update.

Is this bug because I have Magisk installed? Can I uninstall Magisk to update and flash it again?

Last edited:

SacredDeviL666

Retired Senior Moderator - May You Rest in Peace -
Sep 11, 2008
¤No Man's Land¤
Hi Everyone,

Just a reminder to our forum rules :- https://xdaforums.com/announcement.php?a=81

4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ or https://www.babelfish.com/ or use one of your choice.

Thanks
SacredDeviL666.

gilbert32

Apr 4, 2011
In the universe
I flashed this firmware and appears new update in JoyUi. I choose to update now but JoyUi keeps the old version and notifies again about the new update.

Is this bug because I have Magisk installed? Can I uninstall Magisk to update and flash it again?

I don't think you'll be able to update your JOY UI using the built in OTA, as your phone isn't fully global.
Using this method gives you the basic files needed to get the global version working, however in the OTA there are other partitions that are also updated.
Also, when updating, the phone expects the current ROM to be installed on the other slot too, to update the other slot and reboot into it. You probably have the ROM installed on one slot only, and the Chinese on the other slot.

So basically, no way to update unless a newer global version is available and backed up.

loriz

Feb 22, 2012
Hello, I've been trying to flash my CN shark to the global version using your files but without any success.
It always bootloops before the bootanimation, then fallbacks into the other slot.
I've wiped data and dalvik, flashed on both partitions dmverity/encryption disabler + magisk, but it still bootloops on the initial logo (before the boot animation).
I tried flashing the 4 imgs from fastboot, from twrp, manually with dd but to no success.

To me, it looks like it fails to boot due to something related to encryption (the behaviour is the same to when you flash magisk and don't wipe from the original recovery).

Any help please?

I've seen in the pther thread you managed to flash the global rom over the chinese device, how did you do? :)

Last edited:

gilbert32

Apr 4, 2011
In the universe
Hello, I've been trying to flash my CN shark to the global version using your files but without any success.
It always bootloops before the bootanimation, then fallbacks into the other slot.
I've wiped data and dalvik, flashed on both partitions dmverity/encryption disabler + magisk, but it still bootloops on the initial logo (before the boot animation).
I tried flashing the 4 imgs from fastboot, from twrp, manually with dd but to no success.

To me, it looks like it fails to boot due to something related to encryption (the behaviour is the same to when you flash magisk and don't wipe from the original recovery).

Any help please?

I've seen in the pther thread you managed to flash the global rom over the chinese device, how did you do? :)
Hmmm
I think you had to format your internal storage after flashing encryption disabler. Did you do it?

loriz

Feb 22, 2012
Yes I did it, but i managed to make it work.

I needed to do an Advanced Wipe -> Data -> Change Filesystem -> EXT4, remount Data, Advanced Wipe -> Data -> Wipe, Advanced Wipe -> Data -> Repair

With these steps it finally booted! :D

hyun7645

Mar 10, 2019
I want to change the Chinese version of the Black Shark to the global version, but I'm a beginner. Can you explain it to me?

Last edited:

GlobalShark

Feb 23, 2019
Can you tell me in detail how to change to global rom?:confused:
It would be better if you have videos or images.
please...:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

JengaMasterG

Sep 1, 2012
Devon
Opp Find X
Microsoft Surface Duo
I want to change the Chinese version of the Black Shark to the global version, but I'm a beginner. Can you explain it to me?

Can you tell me in detail how to change to global rom?:confused:
It would be better if you have videos or images.
please...:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

I've written instructions here on changing from global to CN rom. This will work from changing from CN to global also.

@gilbert32 I don't remember which thread you asked for the custom.img file at, but I've uploaded it here

Last edited:

GlobalShark

Feb 23, 2019
I've written instructions here on changing from global to CN rom. This will work from changing from CN to global also.

@gilbert32 I don't remember which thread you asked for the custom.img file at, but I've uploaded it here

I am using A0 model.
128g / 8g A0 model.
I want to change to Global Rom.
https://mega.nz/#F!lNMQgQDa!_0YJaETUhVIShQXLW0_MdA
Downloaded from here
boot_a.img
vendor_a.img
system_a.img
Do I have to change three files?

I used twrp to change the img file,
and I installed DisableForceEncryption_Treble.zip
Finally I did Wipe. (davlik / art cache and data)

But it does not boot.
It stops at S.

I would like a solution.

And how do I install custom_a.img?

Last edited:

JengaMasterG

Sep 1, 2012
Devon
Opp Find X
Microsoft Surface Duo
I am using A0 model.
128g / 8g A0 model.
I want to change to Global Rom.
Downloaded from here
boot_a.img
vendor_a.img
system_a.img
Do I have to change three files?

I used twrp to change the img file,
and I installed DisableForceEncryption_Treble.zip
Finally I did Wipe. (davlik / art cache and data)

But it does not boot.
It stops at S.

I would like a solution.

And how do I install custom_a.img?

What active boot did you do it on? It worked for active boot a for me. Try downloading and flashing the system again. The software that we have are the 6gb/64gb models but I doubt that would be an issue...

You would fastboot flash custom_a to your phone

gsmtraker

Jun 13, 2015
how to install

Hello Guys,

This link contains the global version backup, at January 27. This is not the latest update.
Use it for good only, i'm not responsible for any damage you get, etc etc.

dera Brother....
I have brack my globle version Black Shark (SKR-HO), can i recover it With this file. Becous i didn't find any vorsion for this phone,
i was on latest build , try to root after that get stock on boot screen.

Top Liked Posts