Remove All Ads from XDA

Black Shark Global Stock firmware

927 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,412

By gilbert32, Senior Member on 5th March 2019, 06:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello Guys,

https://mega.nz/#F!lNMQgQDa!_0YJaETUhVIShQXLW0_MdA

This link contains the global version backup, at January 27. This is not the latest update.
Use it for good only, i'm not responsible for any damage you get, etc etc.

DO NOT FLASH ANYTHING IF YOU DON'T HAVE BACKUPS
The Following User Says Thank You to gilbert32 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gilbert32 Ad-Free

5th March 2019, 06:34 PM |#2  
Flag Devon
Thanks Meter: 78

Donate to Me
More
I'm assuming I'll also need the custom_a image when flashing?
5th March 2019, 06:36 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag In the universe

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JengaMasterG

I'm assuming I'll also need the custom_a image when flashing?

Probably. Just make sure to backup everything (the slots you will be using)
5th March 2019, 06:37 PM |#4  
Flag Devon
Thanks Meter: 78

Donate to Me
More
Cool, will do
7th March 2019, 02:53 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
我中国版刷了无限重启

Quote:

Auto Translate :- Not Accurate

I have a Chinese version of the black shark

7th March 2019, 08:22 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I flashed this firmware and appears new update in JoyUi. I choose to update now but JoyUi keeps the old version and notifies again about the new update.

Is this bug because I have Magisk installed? Can I uninstall Magisk to update and flash it again?
7th March 2019, 10:25 AM |#7  
Forum Moderator
¤No Man's Land¤
Thanks Meter: 5,533

More
Hi Everyone,

Just a reminder to our forum rules :- https://forum.xda-developers.com/announcement.php?a=81

Quote:

4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ or https://www.babelfish.com/ or use one of your choice.

Thanks
SacredDeviL666.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SacredDeviL666 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SacredDeviL666 Ad-Free
7th March 2019, 03:35 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag In the universe

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterBit

I flashed this firmware and appears new update in JoyUi. I choose to update now but JoyUi keeps the old version and notifies again about the new update.

Is this bug because I have Magisk installed? Can I uninstall Magisk to update and flash it again?

I don't think you'll be able to update your JOY UI using the built in OTA, as your phone isn't fully global.
Using this method gives you the basic files needed to get the global version working, however in the OTA there are other partitions that are also updated.
Also, when updating, the phone expects the current ROM to be installed on the other slot too, to update the other slot and reboot into it. You probably have the ROM installed on one slot only, and the Chinese on the other slot.

So basically, no way to update unless a newer global version is available and backed up.
9th March 2019, 10:16 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Hello, I've been trying to flash my CN shark to the global version using your files but without any success.
It always bootloops before the bootanimation, then fallbacks into the other slot.
I've wiped data and dalvik, flashed on both partitions dmverity/encryption disabler + magisk, but it still bootloops on the initial logo (before the boot animation).
I tried flashing the 4 imgs from fastboot, from twrp, manually with dd but to no success.

To me, it looks like it fails to boot due to something related to encryption (the behaviour is the same to when you flash magisk and don't wipe from the original recovery).

Any help please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JengaMasterG

Cool, will do

I've seen in the pther thread you managed to flash the global rom over the chinese device, how did you do?
9th March 2019, 11:42 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag In the universe

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriz

Hello, I've been trying to flash my CN shark to the global version using your files but without any success.
It always bootloops before the bootanimation, then fallbacks into the other slot.
I've wiped data and dalvik, flashed on both partitions dmverity/encryption disabler + magisk, but it still bootloops on the initial logo (before the boot animation).
I tried flashing the 4 imgs from fastboot, from twrp, manually with dd but to no success.

To me, it looks like it fails to boot due to something related to encryption (the behaviour is the same to when you flash magisk and don't wipe from the original recovery).

Any help please?

I've seen in the pther thread you managed to flash the global rom over the chinese device, how did you do?

Hmmm
I think you had to format your internal storage after flashing encryption disabler. Did you do it?
9th March 2019, 02:05 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Yes I did it, but i managed to make it work.

I needed to do an Advanced Wipe -> Data -> Change Filesystem -> EXT4, remount Data, Advanced Wipe -> Data -> Wipe, Advanced Wipe -> Data -> Repair

With these steps it finally booted!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
firmware, stock, xiaomi-black-shark

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)