Thanks Meter: 1,115

By mrmazak, Senior Member on 9th December 2018, 09:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th December 2018, 09:20 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
******EDIT*****
Most of the following problems did not repeat in same way when I tried to repeat the install process.
Main issue was with simcard. But exact process to get installed and working is still not known.

-- install after already having rooted, encryption removed stock, seems to work.

-- fresh full stock rom, full encryption, then gsi seems to not work sim card.

PHH-treble gsi images do boot this device. I do not have a bug list as yet.
  • working:WITH encryption removed:

1. wifi
    2. camera
    3. fingerprint- unlock
    4. music
    5. video
  • NOT working :WITH encyyption removed:

1. cell signal
    2. cell data
    3. phone
    4. sms
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • working:WITH encryption enabled

1. phone
    2. sms
  • NOT working:WITH encryption enabled

1.. everything else

EDIT

Much of the force closing problems were from a corrupted external sdcard. When I removed the card , the force close messages did not come.

Getting 4G data connection was not stable. after a full reset and rom re-install I was not able to get data connection, and only able to have connection to make calls when set to 3G connection only.

some bugs in vendor I assume will need some help solving this.

EDIT 2

Finally got around to trying again. his time I started with vanilla version of phh-treble gsi.

4G data and sms, calls in out all work. Camera , video both work.
WiFi tethering did not work.

Setup that worked :
force encryption removed with universal dm-verity patcher, ( bothboot.img and vendor partitions both edited).
magisk patched boot

28th December 2018, 09:45 PM |#12  
Would this work on Blu Vivo XI since same chipset?
28th December 2018, 10:05 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinkoo1979

Would this work on Blu Vivo XI since same chipset?

It should. I have been working with few users with Xi+ it works for them. And another user of Xi provided a twrp port, but no details on if this read-back worked. It must have, I suppose it must have.

Please do try to do the readback for your self, and share the files. will help with twrp if I can
4th January 2019, 04:19 AM |#14  
OP Senior Member

More
Guide has been revised.
The original guide suggests to format /data and patch device to remove force encryption. This works fine for stock rom, and modifying stock rom. But I have found that removing encryption will not allow the phone to work as a phone when flashed with GSI. The down side is, at the moment, there is no twrp that is working to read the encrypted /data.
15th January 2019, 09:11 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmazak

Guide has been revised.
The original guide suggests to format /data and patch device to remove force encryption. This works fine for stock rom, and modifying stock rom. But I have found that removing encryption will not allow the phone to work as a phone when flashed with GSI. The down side is, at the moment, there is no twrp that is working to read the encrypted /data.

Can any of this be done without a computer
15th January 2019, 12:15 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decaphyz

Can any of this be done without a computer

No, you need fastboot(PC preogram) to unlock bootloader and either sp flash tool or fastboot to flash recovery.
15th January 2019, 01:06 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

No, need you fastboot(PC preogram) to unlock bootloader and either sp flash tool or fastboot to flash recovery.

Oof
28th January 2019, 01:44 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:

Thanks to @hanuma there is now a material themed twrp port.

The V2 version loads. But has no adb or mtp access

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...1&postcount=95

https://mega.nz/#F!225EzQwT!t8hvGvmFoNYNvXev-Li1fQ

I just did this, and it worked the first time. I got into the phone and set it up. But it was super laggy after a while. So I decided to reset the phone like how you would normally do to fix a problem, and now... it’s making me boot into the recovery each and every time I try and boot into the system... i installed the gsi rom "PixelExperience for AOnly" at max lees site
28th January 2019, 02:20 AM |#19  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndifferentBear

I just did this, and it worked the first time. I got into the phone and set it up. But it was super laggy after a while. So I decided to reset the phone like how you would normally do to fix a problem, and now... it’s making me boot into the recovery each and every time I try and boot into the system... i installed the gsi rom "PixelExperience for AOnly" at max lees site

dont panic. this is minor bug. Easiest way to solve is to flash stock recovery. and do factory reset from there.

You can install image from twrp or fastboot, even spflashtool.

It is from the flag that is set into para(misc) partition.

You can clear it manually with terminal also, or even use one of the othe rtwrp images I shared. One with "misc" in the file name.
If you use one of those recoveries and do reset will also clear that reboot condition
The Following User Says Thank You to mrmazak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrmazak Ad-Free
28th January 2019, 03:33 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:

dont panic. this is minor bug. Easiest way to solve is to flash stock recovery. and do factory reset from there.

You can clear it manually with terminal also, or even use one of the othe rtwrp images I shared. One with "misc" in the file name.
If you use one of those recoveries and do reset will also clear that reboot condition

thanks dude! can you give me the command to run in terminal to do it? ill try that first, then ill try flashing stock recovery!

---------- Post added at 02:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 AM ----------

Quote:

but i was required to wipe the sys, data, cache, and dalvik/art to have a clean install.

---------- Post added at 03:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 AM ----------

Quote:

YO! Oaky so basic laly when i flashed that misc recovery IT BOOTED!!!!! thank you soo much dude, your the best!
28th January 2019, 03:36 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndifferentBear

thanks dude! can you give me the command to run in terminal to do it? ill try that first, then ill try flashing stock recovery!

---------- Post added at 02:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 AM ----------

but i was required to wipe the sys, data, cache, and dalvik/art to have a clean install.

this is the command from an other blu device. It should be same. It targets just the specific block in the file that should be making it boot to recovery.

The wipe method takes the whole partition blank.

But to be sure. Please copy the original image and keep it safe. Send it here. I would like to compare the offset that the flag is at.

to save the original para (misc) partition
Code:
dd  if=/dev/block/platform/bootdevice/by-name/para of=/sdcard/recovery-loop-para
to try the code from other device
Code:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/bootdevice/by-name/para count=1 bs=32
The Following User Says Thank You to mrmazak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrmazak Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
blu-vivo-xl4, vivo-xi, xl4

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)