By mrmazak, Senior Member on 9th December 2018, 09:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th January 2019, 03:36 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,115

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndifferentBear

thanks dude! can you give me the command to run in terminal to do it? ill try that first, then ill try flashing stock recovery!

---------- Post added at 02:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 AM ----------

but i was required to wipe the sys, data, cache, and dalvik/art to have a clean install.

this is the command from an other blu device. It should be same. It targets just the specific block in the file that should be making it boot to recovery.

The wipe method takes the whole partition blank.

But to be sure. Please copy the original image and keep it safe. Send it here. I would like to compare the offset that the flag is at.

to save the original para (misc) partition
Code:
dd  if=/dev/block/platform/bootdevice/by-name/para of=/sdcard/recovery-loop-para
to try the code from other device
Code:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/bootdevice/by-name/para count=1 bs=32
The Following User Says Thank You to mrmazak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrmazak Ad-Free

8th February 2019, 02:33 PM |#22  
Flag San Antonio, TX
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Since the XL4 and XI have the same chipset, when the XI gets Android 9.0 it should be fairy easy to upgrade our XL4s.

I'm waiting for the black XL4 to get back in stock. Not sure about gold. I think the color will end up wearing off the fingerprint reader. It did on my Galaxy S6 edge+.
8th February 2019, 06:02 PM |#23  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoZiggy

Since the XL4 and XI have the same chipset, when the XI gets Android 9.0 it should be fairy easy to upgrade our XL4s.

I'm waiting for the black XL4 to get back in stock. Not sure about gold. I think the color will end up wearing off the fingerprint reader. It did on my Galaxy S6 edge+.

I am completely dissappointed in the fingerprint reader to be honest. 75 % of the time it does not work. It takes 6 to 7 tried to unlock with it.

I even tried to register same finger 2 or 3 different ways, to get as many angels on it as possible. But still not working good.

My other phone by hauwei, is 💯% better as far as fingerprint goes
9th February 2019, 01:02 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmazak

Just made successfull readback on preloader. and currently reading full rom.

will post link when done.

here is auth file and DA file I used.

pulled firmware is here.
there are more images in complete firmware, but the ones included should be enough , as long as you NEVER do format all from spflash tool.

STOCK ROM

how would i get back to the stock firmware. would i just flash the system, vendor, and the stock recovery? does it have to be in a certain order? and what is md1rom.img in the stock rom zip file? does that need to be flashed?

im doing this because im confused as to why resurrection remix GSi rom is not letting me access the camera. it says insert sd card to use the camera. then when i go to the gallery app. it says no external storage available. i really hope someone can get back with me quick

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

Quote:

I am completely dissappointed in the fingerprint reader to be honest. 75 % of the time it does not work. It takes 6 to 7 tried to unlock with it.

I even tried to register same finger 2 or 3 different ways, to get as many angels on it as possible. But still not working good.

My other phone by hauwei, is % better as far as fingerprint goes

mine is just fine. maybe you got a bad phone. mine always unlocks on first try
9th February 2019, 03:32 AM |#25  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndifferentBear

how would i get back to the stock firmware. would i just flash the system, vendor, and the stock recovery? does it have to be in a certain order? and what is md1rom.img in the stock rom zip file? does that need to be flashed?

im doing this because im confused as to why resurrection remix GSi rom is not letting me access the camera. it says insert sd card to use the camera. then when i go to the gallery app. it says no external storage available. i really hope someone can get back with me quick

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

mine is just fine. maybe you got a bad phone. mine always unlocks on first try

Yes, to get back to stock, should just need to flash
System
Vendor
Boot
Recovery if wanted.

Md1rom is the modem file. I do not flash of not needed. It , I think can be tricky. So if not needed I stay away
9th February 2019, 03:39 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:

Yes, to get back to stock, should just need to flash
System
Vendor
Boot
Recovery if wanted.

Md1rom is the modem file. I do not flash of not needed. It , I think can be tricky. So if not needed I stay away

alright!, i didnt flash that md1rom. i was sure i didnt need it haha. it just had the word rom in it, so i was a little confused. thanks a lot dude. i really appreciate the responses. i swear you guys always save my phone <3
9th February 2019, 11:54 AM |#27  
Flag San Antonio, TX

More
Quote:

My other phone by hauwei, is % better as far as fingerprint goes

It's not just you, my Studio View XL is the same way!! I have redone my finger many times and tried having it stored twice too but it still has issues. It must be the budget line reader BLU uses. My zMax Pro was budget and worked just as good as my S6.

I read the Vivo XI+ has great fingerprint recognition and fast face unlock but that's the "flagship" and what the extra $150 gets ya... Or they haven't used the device long enough to encounter the countless misreads yet.
15th February 2019, 02:24 AM |#28  
Flag San Antonio, TX

More
Just got my XL4. One issue is that there is no Display Size option and even in Developer Options I can't set "smallest width". The DPI on here is huge! It may just be me, but that's the first thing I change on every new device.

Using ADB I set the DPI to 260 (also tried 240 and 280). Screen shots of After and Before below... look how much more space you get in the URL bar.

UPDATE: Soft bricked device. Adjusting DPI worked until I went to reboot. Now I had to factory reset. Grr!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190216-084714.png
Views:	130
Size:	189.7 KB
ID:	4706586   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190216-084931.png
Views:	122
Size:	173.5 KB
ID:	4706589  
1st March 2019, 05:49 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Just got my XL4. One issue is that there is no Display Size option and even in Developer Options I can't set "smallest width". The DPI on here is huge! It may just be me, but that's the first thing I change on every new device.

Using ADB I set the DPI to 260 (also tried 240 and 280). Screen shots of After and Before below... look how much more space you get in the URL bar.

UPDATE: Soft bricked device. Adjusting DPI worked until I went to reboot. Now I had to factory reset. Grr!

Any word or luck on the success of this? I just got the XL4 about a week ago and was looking into how to update it to 9.0 but I am starting to wonder if it's even worth attempting it yet as I don't want to ruin it.
1st March 2019, 08:22 PM |#30  
Flag San Antonio, TX

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deygus

Any word or luck on the success of this? I just got the XL4 about a week ago and was looking into how to update it to 9.0 but I am starting to wonder if it's even worth attempting it yet as I don't want to ruin it.

Android 9.0 is not available for this device yet. May never be.

I believe somewhere in the OP it's mentioned about flashing something to remove a flag that that causes the device to force recovery upon changes. Thta would fix my issue. I haven't had much time to play with rooting yet.

Updating the Android version is up to BLU. But you probably won't see an update since they haven't in the past. BLU said the XI+ will get 9.0 but nothing about the XL4 or XI. Since the XI (not XI+) is nearly identical to ours If they push an update to the XI it may work for us or could be easily ported. If kernel source for is released perhaps some Dev could build a ROM.
1st March 2019, 08:30 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

I believe somewhere in the OP it's mentioned about flashing something to remove a recovery flag. Sorry, I haven't had much time to root yet.

Updating the Android version is up to BLU. But you probably won't see an update since they haven't in the past. BLU said the XI+ will get 9.0 but nothing about the XI.
Since the XI (not XI+) is nearly identical to ours If they push an update to the XI it may work for us or could be easily ported. If kernel source for is released perhaps some Dev could build a ROM.

Ah okay, I rooted an LG device a long long time ago once but then shortly after I went to iPhone and recently I came back mainly because I'm fed up with iPhone's Price getting more expensive every year so I ended up with the Vivo XL4 for the time being. Never had a problem with android either, I'm not one of those people, always liked google's stuff anyhow and I don't remember much about rooting or even how to do it very well aside from sifting through google and youtube to relearn it and hoping I don't break something in the process.

But, anyways, seems based on your response that I'm better off waiting for now? I'd rather not risk bricking.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
blu-vivo-xl4, vivo-xi, xl4

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)