[Stopped Development][Updated - 02-May-2017]CSROM for Lenovo Vibe X3 ROW(x3a40)

Search This thread

V_v3k

Mar 2, 2013
Coimbatore
OnePlus 7T Pro
It loosk like it does work, as long as you use the newest twrp. But on the x3c50, you wont get the sim to work as the drivers for the radio module are different
I see. So that's how it is. Anyway, thanks a lot for confirming it mate. :eek:

i installed xposed framework successfully:good:, everything works perfectly. Here is the tut for that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ-ivx_LCeA
Thanks mate. I just reached home yesterday. And I'm bringing up a new update soon :D. Xposed is integrated though it has FC issues and the reason is not known yet, and since I don't have enough time to test it, kindly bear with me. Sorry :(.

HI Developer,
Please add lenovo stock camera (Slo-mo) feature:crying::crying:
I'm uploading a new build with few adjustments. And it will be having the stock camera & not the Google Camera. So no worries mate ;).

I'll be uploading the changelog of the ROM once uploaded. I did find few bugs but may have more. I'm not really sure of it. So kindly read the OP before you proceed. :fingers-crossed:

Reactions: jjfgsyg and Va2c

njaya95

Nov 18, 2014
Tirupati
OnePlus 12R

Thanks mate. I just reached home yesterday. And I'm bringing up a new update soon :D. Xposed is integrated though it has FC issues and the reason is not known yet, and since I don't have enough time to test it, kindly bear with me. Sorry :(.

I'm uploading a new build with few adjustments. And it will be having the stock camera & not the Google Camera. So no worries mate ;).

I'll be uploading the changelog of the ROM once uploaded. I did find few bugs but may have more. I'm not really sure of it. So kindly read the OP before you proceed. :fingers-crossed:
Hey Bro any progress on that new update

V_v3k

Mar 2, 2013
Coimbatore
OnePlus 7T Pro
Hey Bro any progress on that new update

Yep. I'm still testing it out. And it seems I tampered with the system a lot that it's unstable :eek:... And I'm looking forward to fix it soon and I need a help from you if you can. Do you happen to face frequent app crashes in the untouched stock ROM too? Like I was trying out few apps and sometimes the app force closes. So if this is an issue is with the current release then I have to look into it to look for a fix.

Reactions: antonigj

njaya95

Nov 18, 2014
Tirupati
OnePlus 12R
Yep. I'm still testing it out. And it seems I tampered with the system a lot that it's unstable :eek:... And I'm looking forward to fix it soon and I need a help from you if you can. Do you happen to face frequent app crashes in the untouched stock ROM too? Like I was trying out few apps and sometimes the app force closes. So if this is an issue is with the current release then I have to look into it to look for a fix.

I'm currently using CM13 from Baidu, I never had any force closes in this ROM, don't know about stock.

antonigj

Apr 18, 2013
I really like the speed of this rom, I hope the developer publish some update

Enviado desde mi Lenovo X3a40 mediante Tapatalk

V_v3k

Mar 2, 2013
Coimbatore
OnePlus 7T Pro
Dude, any new update? if yes, is there any new feature?
It's being uploaded bro... Kindly wait up, should be done probably by today night... As for the features please read the OP. ;)

i m still looking for stable CR for my lenovo vibe x3 so hope this works...
It's being uploaded, kindly install it and let me know if have any issues. :D

Updates in progress mate. Will need feedback from all of you to make it better though.. :eek:

The new update should be ready by midnight since my internet speed is slow. I'm uploading it since morning. :(

Va2c

Jan 7, 2016
Tsk
Redmi K20 Pro
It's being uploaded bro... Kindly wait up, should be done probably by today night... As for the features please read the OP. ;)

Any chance that u can tweak the camera libs to get longer exposure time? I have a few tweaked libs but none of them work. Only thing I can do is enable camera API 2 at the most from build prop.

Also, did you try multi-window apps? There is a bug apparently. Lock icon overlaps split screen icon. Vibe UI bug it seems.

Sent from my Lenovo X3a40 using XDA Labs

Last edited:

V_v3k

Mar 2, 2013
Coimbatore
OnePlus 7T Pro
Any chance that u can tweak the camera libs to get longer exposure time? I have a few tweaked libs but none of them work. Only thing I can do is enable camera API 2 at the most from build prop.
I haven't alerted the libraries so far like you said, but will try it when I get time for it again... :fingers-crossed:

Also, did you try multi-window apps? There is a bug apparently. Lock icon overlaps split screen icon. Vibe UI bug it seems.
Yes, I've noticed that as well, the one which I planned to release earlier had these tweaks, but as you've mentioned the lock recent app button covered this from being clicked. There may be a possibility of we could adjust the padding from the framework-res.apk..?! :confused:

Anyway the new ROM is up.. Please find it on the OP... :good:

Reactions: Va2c

tigeruboy

May 9, 2013
Volte ?

Can i enable volte on this rom?
I have already a rooted phone but not able to enable volte.. can this rom fix this? Or tell me how can i enable volte

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Important Info!
    Code:
    This ROM will not be receiving any sort of updates or fixes anytime soon. 
    So kindly post the issues, if any, and I'll try my level best to get back with necessary fixes ASAP. 
    Sorry for this, I'm getting lost a lot frequently in the path of life at the moment... :crying:

Hey guys! The current release is based on the latest update "S217". And this ROM is for testers and flash-for-fun type guys. Also I've removed many stock apps and the entire preloaded apps. This ROM has been tested on x3a40. In case if it works on others too then do post it below along with the model number. Bugs reports are welcome too. :cowboy:
    Other stuffs are provided below.... :D

Code:
    [SIZE="6"]Specs(s):[/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]Added:[/SIZE]
    [LIST=1]
    [*]Latest Gapps (OpenGapps Stock 01-May-2017)
    [*]PhhSU integrated
    [*]Meefik Busybox included
    [*]Custom startup and power off boot animation.
    [*]Xperia Music.
    [*]Xperia Movies.
    [*]New theme for TWRP by Sevenmaxs.
    [*]Altered Splash screen.
    [*]Auto zipalign on boot for newly installed apps.
    [*]Build.prop tweaks.
    [*]Bravia Engine 4 (Couldn't compare because I don't know anyone having the same device to test on).
    [*]Lenovo Camera.
    [*]Lenovo Gallery.
    [*]Materialized Xposed Framework by dvdandroid.
    [*]Pixel Launcher.
    [*]Changed system font.
    [/LIST]

[SIZE="4"]Removed:[/SIZE]
    [LIST=1]
    [*]SuperSU
    [*]Stericson Busybox
    [*]Substratum Theme Engine
    [*]Existing Recovery
    [*]Existing Splash screen
    [*]Google Camera
    [*]Google Photos
    [/LIST]

Code:
    Build Details: (Incl. details on tested model)
    Model Number: Lenovo x3a40
    Android Version: 6.0.1
    Android Security Patch Level: 2016-06-01
    Baseband Version: MPSS.BO.2.6.c1.4-00032
    Build Number: x3a40_S217_CSROM-BETA

Code:
    [SIZE="4"]Bugs:[/SIZE]
    [STRIKE]Google Camera stops working if HDR is turned on.[/STRIKE] -> Fixed by replacing it with Lenovo Camera
    [STRIKE]Xposed Framework doesn't work at present.[/STRIKE] -> It works now.
    Ultra Power Saver Mode won't work with Google Dialer/Messenger -> Will take time to re-link it with the new applications.
    [STRIKE]Substrantum won't support all the themes in Play Store due to Framework.[/STRIKE] -> There has been lots of issues noticed due to layers, hence removed.
    Trying to change Wallpaper from Settings will crash Settings app since the "Theme Center" application is removed.
    Many duplicate ringtones/notification alerts/alarm tones while choosing a new ringtone from the Settings.

Requirements:
    1. You need to be on the latest updated ROM('cause I haven't tested it with previous versions).
    2. Unlocked bootloader, well the ROM does have one for "S144" along just in case.
    3. Install TWRP permanently, and for that follow this guide...
    4. After installing TWRP make sure you make a backup of the current ROM.
    5. Also make sure TWRP doesn't lock the screen by going off, 'cause then you won't be able to unlock it. Don't know why. :confused:
    6. You need to know how to flash the ROM from QFIL if anything goes severely wrong. This can be of use then!
    7. If you get something else, I'll try helping you out, but if the issue is beyond my help, kindly do not blame me...

Important Notes:
    1. In case you get your device bricked, I'm not the guy whom you should be blaming, cuz it happens. Nothing to worry, just flash the ROM again, if the problem persists then kindly restore the backup you made.
    2. Typical bugs of "S217" update can be noticed.
    3. If you find any issues then do notify me.
    4. I've removed many Lenovo apps. Also replaced some with latest versions.
    5. This ROM acts as a backup ROM for any testers too. So while on this ROM, if anything goes wrong no need to do a factory reset again, simply flash it directly.

Flashing Guide:
    The ROM flashing is simple as any other ROM flashing method.
    1. Download the ROM from the link below.:p
    2. Copy the ROM to External SD Card.
    3. Reboot to TWRP recovery, by powering off the device completely then hold volume rockers + & - together and press the power. Keep the combo pressed until the screen turns on and the screen flicks.
    4. If the recovery says mount the system read-only at startup, then swipe the slider, otherwise proceed to the next step.
    5. Now from recovery, do a factory reset.
    6. Then go back to home and flash the update by navigating to the "/external_sd/x3a40_6.0.1_update-2.zip"
    7. Wait for the flashing to complete.:rolleyes:
    8. That's all you're ready.:fingers-crossed:

Credits(Many people to thank :eek:): :good:
    @maxpaynezm for stock ROM
    @arpit_nnd for the stock ROM along with the translated guides
    @Ben Ling for the Xperia Music app
    @bravonova for the guide on Build.prop
    @GokulNC for the guide on customizing splash screen
    @DVDandroid for unofficial materialized xposed
    @z31s1g for the awesome TWRP theme
    @phhusson for phh Superuser
    @jfl0wers for zipalign on boot
    @Plamb1r for Bravia Engine 4

Current Version: 217
    Click Here To Download The Current ROM Version
    Patch to fix mic!

Please follow the link mentioned about to fix the mic issues you'd come across after flashing the current release...

ROM Release Date: 19 Oct 2016

Old Version: S144
    Click Here To Download The ROM:fingers-crossed:
    Dude, any new update? if yes, is there any new feature?

i m still looking for stable CR for my lenovo vibe x3 so hope this works...
    It's being uploaded, kindly install it and let me know if have any issues. :D

Updates in progress mate. Will need feedback from all of you to make it better though.. :eek:

The new update should be ready by midnight since my internet speed is slow. I'm uploading it since morning. :(
    Screenshots for releases

Screenshots:

ROM version 217-Update-2: (RelDt: 02-May-2017)

4135478.jpg

4135482.jpg

4135483.jpg

4135484.jpg

4135485.jpg

4135487.jpg

4135488.jpeg

4135489.jpg

4135490.jpg

ROM version 144:

Screenshot_2016-06-20-11-51-01-458.jpg

Screenshot_2016-06-21-09-01-37-798.jpg

Screenshot_2016-06-21-09-01-52-944.jpg

Screenshot_2016-06-21-09-02-45-699.jpg

BTW the screenshots are larger. It might take time to load... ;)
    The Lenovo camera is a pain to use, the gallery is opening very slowly like in the normal stock rom any work around for that???

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxKHw7hScrvfakdWVkp4R0VrOHM/view?usp=drivesdk

Just install normally.
    It loosk like it does work, as long as you use the newest twrp. But on the x3c50, you wont get the sim to work as the drivers for the radio module are different

i installed xposed framework successfully:good:, everything works perfectly. Here is the tut for that
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ-ivx_LCeA

HI Developer,
    Please add lenovo stock camera (Slo-mo) feature:crying::crying: