Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Introduction
This is a UNOFFICIAL build of LineageOS for the Samsung Galaxy Core Plus.
It's not ready yet and has some bugs in it which could cause problems to some users.
The ROM will only work on the SM-G350 Version of the Phone (without any Numbers/Letters behind).

This ROM could be used for daily use now (though you should look at the list of what doesn't work first).

Known Bugs
  • Camera sometimes switches to green-purple. The resulting picture doesn't have the weird color, but it may be flipped and/or distorted at the edges.
  • Video Recording
  • Codecs (some work, some don't. I tested MP4 and AVI, both work. I should really make a list...)

Installation Instructions

Special thanks to @Giovix92 for making this tutorial!

Requirements:
1: A computer with Windows.
2: An Internet connection.
3: A backup of your phone data (contacts, photo, music, videos, and other).
4: About 300 MB free space on your SD card.
5: Phone charged at least 80%.

Download links are below

I do NOT take any responsibility for bricked devices!

Let's start!

1: Download the Samsung USB Drivers.
2: Download the ODIN3. (Only for Windows)
3: Download the TWRP Odin package to your desktop and download the LineageOS 13 zip to your SD card.
4: Make a backup of your files, because the storage will be wiped. (External SD card will not be wiped)
5: Reboot your phone in to the Download mode (Volume Down- , Home- and Power button). Press the Volume Up button when asked. Then open the ODIN3 and connect your phone to your PC.
6: Press AP and choose the TWRP Odin package (recovery.tar) and make sure re-partition is NOT ticked. "Auto-Reboot" should not be ticked either, otherwise you will need to be quick to boot into the recovery immediately after flashing.
7: Press start! Wait a few seconds. Then your phone will be rebooted. Now you can disconnect the cable and power off your phone.
8: Boot your phone in to the TWRP Recovery (Volume Up-, Home- and Power button).
9: Go to Wipe, and Swipe to Factory Reset.
10. After wiping go to the home screen by pressing the home button.
11: Go to Install. Choose the "external_sd" from the top bar. (It says "Storage: Internal Storage (xxxxMB)" by default)
12: Choose the LineageOS 13 ZIP and Swipe to Confirm Flash. Make sure you don't power off while flashing!
13: After the zip has been flashed choose "Reboot System".
14: Wait 5-15 minutes to boot the phone. If the phone keeps booting take out the battery and do a Factory Reset again.
15: When the phone boots the first time, go through the Setup Wizard and you are ready to use your phone!

If there was something you didn't understand, please don't hesitate to ask :)

Changelog

23-01-2021:
  • Security patches until April of 2019
  • Updated Chromium from 67.0.3396.87 to 87.0.4280.101
  • Disabled latinimegoogle (which is compiled against an incompatible instruction set and results in crashes)
  • Fix offline charging

Old Changelogs:

02-05-2019:
  • Include all security patches up to January 2019 (and most of February and March, except for the PNG vulnerability)
  • NFC
  • Fix up some of the codecs (h264 and ac3, which should enable you to watch most videos)
  • Remove Gello (the old, bloated Browser) in favour of Jelly
  • Using way less hacks than previously (again)

05-04-2018:
  • Include all security patches up to March 2018
  • SELinux is now enforcing
  • OTA Updates the third (now using the internal Updater)
  • Using way less hacks than previously

24-05-2017:

18-04-2017:
  • Switch to LineageOS
  • 4 Months of Security Patches

10-04-2017:
  • Fixed GApps (through a modified WebView)

07-04-2017:

10-10-2016:
  • Bringup

Downloads
Samsung USB Drivers
Odin v3.09
Odin v3.11.1
TWRP 3
TWRP 2.8.1.0
lineage-13.0-20210123-UNOFFICIAL-cs02.zip

Sources
Device tree
Kernel tree
Proprietary files
WebView

Thanks To/Credits
Thanks to ...
  • ... androidlover5842, ishantvivek, SandPox, ZIM555 and everyone else working on Samsung's hawaii-Boards
  • ... berkantkz and santeri3700 for teaching me the basics of ROM developing

Last edited:

gaetano76le

Mar 25, 2016
Hey !

i was happy when i saw that cm13 was out for our galaxy core plus so now i'm downloading it. After i will flash it if you want i can be a beta tester.

Thanks for this rom !

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

I installed it and for me the bigest problem is the wifi.

TimSchumi

Mar 9, 2016
Hey !

i was happy when i saw that cm13 was out for our galaxy core plus so now i'm downloading it. After i will flash it if you want i can be a beta tester.

Thanks for this rom !

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

I installed it and for me the bigest problem is the wifi.

Still working on that.

TimSchumi

Mar 9, 2016
I just noticed that the sound sometimes "breaks" and sounds like damaged speakers (just for a part of a second, nothing permanent). I don't know if this is a software problem or just my phone. Can someone confirm that? It sometimes happens when doing a call or pressing random numbers at the Dialer. It also seems to happen only with standard sound level or higher.

I'll check it after I fixed (or tried to fix) Internet and SD Card

Last edited:
Reactions: morjarti.

QGM

Aug 8, 2014
This is the same on stock when listening YT idk why it happens.
For the sdcard fix check if there are correct mounts for vold.fstab or framework
BTW. Videoplayback isnt working good on YT on Internet browser and is glitched too on chrome.

Last edited:

QGM

Aug 8, 2014
I just noticed that the sound sometimes "breaks" and sounds like damaged speakers (just for a part of a second, nothing permanent). I don't know if this is a software problem or just my phone. Can someone confirm that? It sometimes happens when doing a call or pressing random numbers at the Dialer. It also seems to happen only with standard sound level or higher.

I'll check it after I fixed (or tried to fix) Internet and SD Card
bump
@TimSchumi
http://xdaforums.com/s7582/development/rom-cm13-0-galaxy-s-duos-2-trend-plus-t3307986
Maybe talk with this guys to allow to use their source? Will be easier to fix rom and you will can to support them too

TimSchumi

Mar 9, 2016
Last edited:

john_sdr

Apr 28, 2016
Athens
Well, i just red here "https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/official-cm13-nightly-builds-rolling-out-for-opo.411202/page-103" that its may be fault of the recovery. I dont think that we all got the same twrp though, is something you can test? i used santori's twrp, i had it flashed quite a time. maybe an update or a modification will solve that issue

john_sdr

Apr 28, 2016
Athens
I knew we need TWRP 3.x.x to install an Android 6.0+ Rom. So, the network issue, could be related to the recovery version.

We should to update the recovery first, to install Marshmallow (and up) on a smartphone

allright, i'll check up for a twrp for our phone :angel:
EDIT: on the official twrp/devices, there is not our device. so, what's up next?

Last edited:

Abiti7

Oct 22, 2016
Hey, I'm new here at xda forums. I just installed this ROM on my galaxy core plus, and it works great. My phone is now super snappy. But many features don't work as of now, the bluetooth actually worked for me, I didnt expect it to after reading the post. When will these bugs be fixed, and more importantly how can I follow so that I can get my hands on the new release as soon as it gets out? Thanks a lot!

TimSchumi

Mar 9, 2016
I knew we need TWRP 3.x.x to install an Android 6.0+ Rom. So, the network issue, could be related to the recovery version.

We should to update the recovery first, to install Marshmallow (and up) on a smartphone

EDIT: on the official twrp/devices, there is not our device. so, what's up next?

I also could try to make CM Recovery first, and if it won't work, I'll give TWRP a try.

Hey, I'm new here at xda forums. I just installed this ROM on my galaxy core plus, and it works great. My phone is now super snappy. But many features don't work as of now, the bluetooth actually worked for me, I didnt expect it to after reading the post. When will these bugs be fixed, and more importantly how can I follow so that I can get my hands on the new release as soon as it gets out? Thanks a lot!

I still need to search what causes the Internet and SD Card to fail. Bluetooth does work, only Bluetooth Calls, Car connection and other devices are untested.

You can subscribe to this thread or subscribe to the DevDB project, to get a notification if it's updated. To get updates on your Smartphone, you could install XDA Legacy (Tapatalk) or XDA Labs (just called XDA) from Play Store.

TimSchumi

Mar 9, 2016

CM Recovery didn't fix the problem. And I somehow can't get TWRP to boot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Introduction
    This is a UNOFFICIAL build of LineageOS for the Samsung Galaxy Core Plus.
    It's not ready yet and has some bugs in it which could cause problems to some users.
    The ROM will only work on the SM-G350 Version of the Phone (without any Numbers/Letters behind).

This ROM could be used for daily use now (though you should look at the list of what doesn't work first).

Known Bugs
    • Camera sometimes switches to green-purple. The resulting picture doesn't have the weird color, but it may be flipped and/or distorted at the edges.
    • Video Recording
    • Codecs (some work, some don't. I tested MP4 and AVI, both work. I should really make a list...)

Installation Instructions

Special thanks to @Giovix92 for making this tutorial!

Requirements:
    1: A computer with Windows.
    2: An Internet connection.
    3: A backup of your phone data (contacts, photo, music, videos, and other).
    4: About 300 MB free space on your SD card.
    5: Phone charged at least 80%.

Download links are below

I do NOT take any responsibility for bricked devices!

Let's start!

1: Download the Samsung USB Drivers.
    2: Download the ODIN3. (Only for Windows)
    3: Download the TWRP Odin package to your desktop and download the LineageOS 13 zip to your SD card.
    4: Make a backup of your files, because the storage will be wiped. (External SD card will not be wiped)
    5: Reboot your phone in to the Download mode (Volume Down- , Home- and Power button). Press the Volume Up button when asked. Then open the ODIN3 and connect your phone to your PC.
    6: Press AP and choose the TWRP Odin package (recovery.tar) and make sure re-partition is NOT ticked. "Auto-Reboot" should not be ticked either, otherwise you will need to be quick to boot into the recovery immediately after flashing.
    7: Press start! Wait a few seconds. Then your phone will be rebooted. Now you can disconnect the cable and power off your phone.
    8: Boot your phone in to the TWRP Recovery (Volume Up-, Home- and Power button).
    9: Go to Wipe, and Swipe to Factory Reset.
    10. After wiping go to the home screen by pressing the home button.
    11: Go to Install. Choose the "external_sd" from the top bar. (It says "Storage: Internal Storage (xxxxMB)" by default)
    12: Choose the LineageOS 13 ZIP and Swipe to Confirm Flash. Make sure you don't power off while flashing!
    13: After the zip has been flashed choose "Reboot System".
    14: Wait 5-15 minutes to boot the phone. If the phone keeps booting take out the battery and do a Factory Reset again.
    15: When the phone boots the first time, go through the Setup Wizard and you are ready to use your phone!

If there was something you didn't understand, please don't hesitate to ask :)

Changelog

23-01-2021:
    • Security patches until April of 2019
    • Updated Chromium from 67.0.3396.87 to 87.0.4280.101
    • Disabled latinimegoogle (which is compiled against an incompatible instruction set and results in crashes)
    • Fix offline charging

Old Changelogs:

02-05-2019:
    • Include all security patches up to January 2019 (and most of February and March, except for the PNG vulnerability)
    • NFC
    • Fix up some of the codecs (h264 and ac3, which should enable you to watch most videos)
    • Remove Gello (the old, bloated Browser) in favour of Jelly
    • Using way less hacks than previously (again)

05-04-2018:
    • Include all security patches up to March 2018
    • SELinux is now enforcing
    • OTA Updates the third (now using the internal Updater)
    • Using way less hacks than previously

24-05-2017:

18-04-2017:
    • Switch to LineageOS
    • 4 Months of Security Patches

10-04-2017:
    • Fixed GApps (through a modified WebView)

07-04-2017:

10-10-2016:
    • Bringup

Downloads
    Samsung USB Drivers
    Odin v3.09
    Odin v3.11.1
    TWRP 3
    TWRP 2.8.1.0
    lineage-13.0-20210123-UNOFFICIAL-cs02.zip

Sources
    Device tree
    Kernel tree
    Proprietary files
    WebView

Thanks To/Credits
    Thanks to ...
    • ... androidlover5842, ishantvivek, SandPox, ZIM555 and everyone else working on Samsung's hawaii-Boards
    • ... berkantkz and santeri3700 for teaching me the basics of ROM developing
    Quick Update:

I now downloaded the CM sources and set up my environment again.

I'll now try to build up a simple CM/Lineage 14.1 tree to see if this version has the same issues with SD Card and Network
    First Version of CM 13 is up :)
    now that cm is closing, do you have any intention to continue porting android 6 to SM-G350 ? maybe using the linage os name? Is it possibile to know any milestone of your work?

Of course.

But CM13 will take a long time to be rebranded to LineageOS. So I will use the CyanogenMod sources until they are finished with rebranding CM13. But I will pull Lineage 13 Sources today and see how far they have gotten with rebranding

About the milestones:
    I uploaded this project when I thought that it was pretty stable for a beta version. The only things that are still missing since the first release are the Network and the SD Card. There was nothing else I noticed which was not working (except for the Keyboard crashing when using Swipe2Type or however it is called)

After I'm done with CM13 and TWRP, I'll probably continue with CM/LAOS 14.1 or a newer version
    Ok, new build is up. See the first post for the download link

EDIT4: We also created a Telegram group so that you can discuss things, search for help and get new information on the most efficient way.
    https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAEAVRTbRdCBnRbN9Xg

EDIT: RIL seems to take a long time when booting and it shows 'No Network' for about 20 seconds. Just wait for it

EDIT2: @QGM
    It now really seems like it got slower. The first 'official' build was a lot smoother. I wonder why this now isn't as smooth as the old build anymore. But it still runs better than CM 11 in my opinion (Concerning smoothness of the UI)

EDIT3: For all of you who want technical information about the problem:
    It was indeed a kernel incompatibility. I now took some commits on /net from logan and kylevess and now it works (See the squashed commit in the kernel source forbmore information on what changed).
    Many thanks to @sandpox, @zim555, @androidlover5842 and everyone who has worked with Samsung's hawaii-boards