FORUMS

Elephone P6000 mtk6732 64bit Recovery & SP Flash Tool

2,885 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,566
 
By bigrammy, Senior Member on 19th January 2015, 03:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Elephone P6000 Recovery


SPFlashtool Video is now removed due to possible confusion. I will make a new more concise video for making backup's of specific partitions very soon



Here is a couple of tut's for those who have windows 8.1 64bit problems Drivers etc.
Uninstall any previous attempts to install drivers then reboot the PC do not insert your phone yet!!
Follow these guides step by step.

This first Driver Signature Verification

Then follow this down to step 9 Installing Vcom Drivers windows 8.1
Thanks to the authors of these tuts

Note: If you do not name your readback eg boot.img and leave the ROM_0 the flashtool will just do a complete ROM dump of your entire phone 12.8gb which cannot be processed by droid tools

PLEASE READ and post in the Q&A Tab which is above my name over < there also hit the THANKS Button bottom Left corner if I helped it costs you no money but cost me many hours

Recommended Viewing
See @rnovino more detailed and excellent general SPFlashTool TuTs with all the mtk drivers links . Thanks to him for these.
Here and Here

Please NO NOOBS asking how to install drivers etc just use google as these questions have been answered a million times over and I really don't have the time to spoon feed everyone You will probably brick your phone if you don't know what you're doing so read read and read again.

Recovery

UPDATE: bigrammy CWM port is now retired. Good news is that @carliv has compiled a CWM Recovery Specifically for the P6000 Dont be just a Leech and please show him your respect and appreciation by visiting his thread and hitting his THANKS button HERE at the very least.
a bigammy Thanks to all the dev's and testers involved with this project

Offcial: Compiled recovery-CWM-Modd-P6000 Download here

Thanks to @carliv for the recovery module to fix this


All the menu screenshots are HERE They are of the version before the font was fixed. I will update these when I get the time.

Credits To.
@carliv Without whom the Recovery would not have been possible so hit his THANKS button at the very least or better still buy him a coffee Here
@yuweng For his continued support and Advice Thanks bro
@rua1 For his awesome DroidTools that saves everyone this headache if their device is lucky enough to be supported Please come back!!
There are so many more people that should be mentioned but I would run out of thread so to all who have helped and educated MANY THANKS

It should go without saying all is at your own risk and I take No, None, Zero, Nada, Zip, Responsibility.
SPFlashtool and Recovey are powerful tools and can either revive your phones or kill them forever so you have been warned. !!!!!

Regards bigrammy.
Guys PLEASE!! do not post my links on other websites or forums This is only so that the proper people get the credit and support is available for the user. It is just as easy to post a link to this thread HERE My links are spam free and I earn zero money from them so why do it

TWRP LOLLIPOP VERSION v2.8.7.0
HERE


Hit Thanks before you leave.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Patch.zip - [Click for QR Code] (205.0 KB, 2592 views)
The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to bigrammy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigrammy Ad-Free
19th January 2015, 03:41 PM |#2  
bigrammy's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag huddersfield
Thanks Meter: 2,566
 
More
Recovery
New CWM Recovery is now ported to the p6000.
It's the None Touch Versions and I ported it over from the mt6595 version made by carliv over Here so full credit goes to him for his Awesome work.
The recovery supports Aroma File Manager also so get over to carliv's thread for the Aroma File Manager zip and hit his THANKS button because without him we would still be stuck with zero support. Link to Aroma FM and all information about how to use it and install Aroma FM is in the thread there so read it please. Again Here
Use google first then ask if not sure.
Post any questions in the Q&A's at the top of this thread.
Here is the recovery Removed see OP

Use the normal ways to install it. adb, spflashtool, If rooted just get the flashify.apk https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...llner.flashify

Thanks and enjoy!!!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bigrammy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigrammy Ad-Free
19th January 2015, 03:43 PM |#3  
bigrammy's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag huddersfield
Thanks Meter: 2,566
 
More
TWRP is HERE!!!! YEEEHAAA
Well at long last we have working TOUCH Recovery


First we must thank all the dev's who have spent many many many Hours and Days trying to fix this problem thats confounded the best of us
@carliv @yuweng @codelover @Santhosh M @BachMinuetInG @HypoTurtle
The eventual fix came by way of @NiksSkersts and @yuweng who are working on the P6000 sister/rebranded phone the "Just5 Blaster" Thread Here Please visit and hit his thanks button Also Go HERE and Hit yuweng's Thanks Button for all his work he never gave up trying to fix our problem
All those listed need to be Thanked at the very least EVERYONE!!!
In the end the problem was with the KERNEL or the drivers for the kernel anyway the Just5 Kernel works fine for our recovery needs

I have used a Early carliv TWRP test build for the first release I have had to make quite a lot of changes to the init.rc fstab etc as it was just a test build carliv made to see if the touch could be made to work So go over to @carliv thread and hit his THANKS Button or buy him a coffee because as said none of this would be possible without him
Quick Note: These are all based on KK so far Android L is still a work in progress
TWRP V2 Now added:
Fixes:
1, Added Custom Partition to Mounts/Backup
Tips:
1. To prevent problems when data_sd and external_sd are mounted to the PC goto TWRP settings/screen and uncheck the sleep function so the screen does not sleep this will ensure a stable connections
2. To view your Internal_SD on device using the TWRP File Manager in Advanced make sure Data is Mounted then got to /data/media/0 you will now see all your internal_sd files so can edit copy etc on device.

3. Performing Backups with TWRPV2 . When you backup large partitions like Data or System PLEASE make sure to only select 1 one partition at a time to backup. You can select multipule small ones like boot, recovery, nvram and they will all backup fine but for some reason System and Data must be done one at a time on their own!!
Please verify any previous backups you have made.
You can double check them by moving the system/data.ext4.win file to your pc then rename it system/data.tar and use winrar to view the files inside. Rename it back to the ext4.win to use with twrp again.

TWRPV2 HERE

More Choice bigrammy I hear you say Well here you go all in one HIT!!
These are all the work of @carliv and have been compiled by him for the P6000 so make sure you thank him PLEASE!!!
I have not had time to test them all to destruction but I am sure they will be fine Enjoy!!

Carliv Touch Recovery V3.0 HERE
PhilzP6000 by Carliv Here
Carliv CWM V2 Touch Kernel Here Same as in the OP but with touch working

TWRP V2 Screenies



Here is the PhilzJust5 made by @yuweng and @NiksSkersts I confirm it works on our phone too but again not fully test by me Philz Recovery Here

TWRP Screenies here HAPPY BACKUPS EVERYONE!! & Dont forget hit the thanks button for all involved and me too

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to bigrammy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigrammy Ad-Free
20th January 2015, 07:57 PM |#4  
enr88's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Palermo, Italy, Italy
Thanks Meter: 97
 
More
Ok, i m a noob with Mtk devices..but i've experience on modding with other android phone..... proc/partinfo give me the same result on partion size ecc...
but
Only one thing I did not understand,
I have to connect the device without a battery, right?
Connecting the device without battery, despite having installed the drivers Vcom, I see that the device is recognized for 2 seconds then disconnects automatically, then again recognized .. is this normal behavior?

thx for your work
21st January 2015, 01:56 AM |#5  
bigrammy's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag huddersfield
Thanks Meter: 2,566
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by enr88

Ok, i m a noob with Mtk devices..but i've experience on modding with other android phone..... proc/partinfo give me the same result on partion size ecc...
but
Only one thing I did not understand,
I have to connect the device without a battery, right?
Connecting the device without battery, despite having installed the drivers Vcom, I see that the device is recognized for 2 seconds then disconnects automatically, then again recognized .. is this normal behavior?

thx for your work

I Missed your post
In Future please use the Q&A bro just read the OP above.

To answer your question: When the progress bar in flashtool turns red put in your battery quickly I have mine ready and just slightly away from the contacts.
When done it will now hold it on until the end of the read backs.

I will copy this to the Q&A HERE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigrammy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigrammy Ad-Free
24th January 2015, 05:48 PM |#6  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 654
 
Donate to Me
More
New ft rom available, r. 8.4 9th january
http://bbs.elephone.hk/forum.php?mod...=2026#lastpost

bigrammy, i note that backup from cwm creates file size of boot, recovery of about 12Mb , have you tried to restore?
also another issue is that the backup folder is not in external sd, but in internal memory!

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to megthebest For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift megthebest Ad-Free
26th January 2015, 04:59 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,286
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by megthebest

New ft rom available, r. 8.4 9th january
http://bbs.elephone.hk/forum.php?mod...=2026#lastpost
bigrammy, i note that backup from cwm creates file size of boot, recovery of about 12Mb , have you tried to restore?
also another issue is that the backup folder is not in external sd, but in internal memory!
Thanks

12MB? sure it's not 16MB (full partition size)...
@bigrammy in int.rc of the Carliv recovery doing this:
on init
export PATH /sbin:/vendor/bin:/system/sbin:/system/bin:/system/xbin
export ANDROID_ROOT /system
export ANDROID_DATA /data
export EXTERNAL_STORAGE /storage/sdcard1
export SECONDARY_STORAGE /storage/sdcard0
symlink /system/etc /etc
symlink /data/media/0 /storage/sdcard0
should switch it so that internal sdcard (/data/media/0) and external sd card switch places so that backup is added to removable card - only downside being it may not boot if there's no sdcard present.
26th January 2015, 06:10 PM |#8  
bigrammy's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag huddersfield
Thanks Meter: 2,566
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoTurtle

12MB? sure it's not 16MB (full partition size)...
@bigrammy in int.rc of the Carliv recovery doing this:

on init
export PATH /sbin:/vendor/bin:/system/sbin:/system/bin:/system/xbin
export ANDROID_ROOT /system
export ANDROID_DATA /data
export EXTERNAL_STORAGE /storage/sdcard1
export SECONDARY_STORAGE /storage/sdcard0
symlink /system/etc /etc
symlink /data/media/0 /storage/sdcard0
should switch it so that internal sdcard (/data/media/0) and external sd card switch places so that backup is added to removable card - only downside being it may not boot if there's no sdcard present.

My boot.img backup size is 16mb (16,777,216 bytes) to be exact bro so not sure what's happened with yours
Did you use the stock scatter for a backup or flash? maybe double check your partition sizes on the phone /proc/partinfo
As for the storage problem i am working on this right now
I am full of cold so I don't think my brain is working properly
We have some strange paths for the cards and I am struggling to define them correctly so all works as it should.
In recovery we should be able to view our sdcard when plugged into the PC with the USB cable
I am not 100% sure if we have emulated or none emulated internal sdcard even.

This Elephone ROM is very poor with none existant files making my job even harder eg: the stock fstab's says the internal sd card is at [email protected] which does not exist
Even the paths are not correctly defined so it's a process of trial and error.

I don't wish to bother @carliv until I am 100% sure I can go no further .

For now the recovery does what it's supposed to do which is backup and flash all though it's to and from the internal sd

I am back at work tomorrow so no further debugging for 4 days from me.
You're more than welcome to have a go at fixing it if you wish just be sure to give carliv the credit
The Following User Says Thank You to bigrammy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigrammy Ad-Free
26th January 2015, 07:18 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,286
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrammy

This Elephone ROM is very poor with none existant files making my job even harder eg: the stock fstab's says the internal sd card is at [email protected] which does not exist
Even the paths are not correctly defined so it's a process of trial and error.

Ah, thought the fstab was taken from the boot.img, my mistake... Still waiting on mine to arrive (3 weeks and counting), will wait til then before attempting anything. Regarding the fstab it's actually /devices/mtk-msdc.0/11230000.MSDC0 that is claimed to be the internal sdcard, not quite sure how it can be it's own partition though, anyone care to post the outcome of mount and df?

Edit. The internal sdcard is set by the service sdcard in init.ssd_nomuser.rc
service sdcard /system/bin/sdcard -u 1023 -g 1023 -d /data/media /storage/sdcard0
class late_start
not sure if the fstab lines are an error or are used while in (adv)meta mode or something.
26th January 2015, 09:03 PM |#10  
bigrammy's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag huddersfield
Thanks Meter: 2,566
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoTurtle

Ah, thought the fstab was taken from the boot.img, my mistake... Still waiting on mine to arrive (3 weeks and counting), will wait til then before attempting anything. Regarding the fstab it's actually /devices/mtk-msdc.0/11230000.MSDC0 that is claimed to be the internal sdcard, not quite sure how it can be it's own partition though, anyone care to post the outcome of mount and df?

Edit. The internal sdcard is set by the service sdcard in init.ssd_nomuser.rc

service sdcard /system/bin/sdcard -u 1023 -g 1023 -d /data/media /storage/sdcard0
class late_start
not sure if the fstab lines are an error or are used while in (adv)meta mode or something.

Yeah thats what I thought too
/devices/mtk-msdc.0/11230000.MSDC0 the path seems not to be correct according to what I have on the phone itself which is /sys/devices/mtk-msdc.0/11230000.MSDC0/
and for the other card is /sys/devices/mtk-msdc.0/11240000.MSDC1/ ?/??? maybe we need to drill down further as I see in some of carliv examples it goes to /mmc_host/mmc0 1 for MSDC1

I have drilled all the way down and can confirm on 11230000.MSDC0 = Type = MMC and for 11240000.MSDC1 = Type = SD so I guess these are the correct ones

Your Thoughts Welcome.
26th January 2015, 09:28 PM |#11  
hanuma's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Yaroslavl
Thanks Meter: 169
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrammy

Yeah thats what I thought too
/devices/mtk-msdc.0/11230000.MSDC0 the path seems not to be correct according to what I have on the phone itself which is /sys/devices/mtk-msdc.0/11230000.MSDC0/
and for the other card is /sys/devices/mtk-msdc.0/11240000.MSDC1/ ?/??? maybe we need to drill down further as I see in some of carliv examples it goes to /mmc_host/mmc0 1 for MSDC1

I have drilled all the way down and can confirm on 11230000.MSDC0 = Type = MMC and for 11240000.MSDC1 = Type = SD so I guess these are the correct ones

Your Thoughts Welcome.

TCL Meme da 3N M2M MT6752
Cofface recovery
/devices/mtk-msdc.0/11240000.MSDC1 auto vfat defaults voldmanaged=sdcard1:auto
Recovery here
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mt6732, mt6752, mtk 64bit, p6000, spflashtool

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes