FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

firmware.mobi

11,218 posts
Thanks Meter: 86,138

By Chainfire, Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 19th September 2017, 06:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is the discussion thread for firmware.mobi.

This site replaces my old central CF-Auto-Root repository, and aside from letting you create and download CFARs, also lets you download stock boot and recovery images for many firmwares and view all sorts of information about them.

Initial publication post: https://plus.google.com/+Chainfire/posts/YzfaWH1KDG8
The Following 47 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]

19th September 2017, 06:28 PM |#2  
OP Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?

Donate to Me
More
--- reserved ---
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th September 2017, 06:28 PM |#3  

Donate to Me
More
--- also reserved ---
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th September 2017, 08:12 PM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 6,979

Donate to Me
More
I honestly don't know how you find the time! Your dedication to the community is phenomenal.

Many will welcome this from noobs to devs. I know I'll find it handy in my endeavours.

Thanks.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ashyx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ashyx Ad-Free
20th September 2017, 03:52 AM |#5  
Flag Bhubaneswar
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Sir
If you want a great repository on the stock firmware of the various brands then you may refer to needrom.com which I think is according to me as a great repository of the stock firmwares and the boot images can be extracted from their.
20th September 2017, 07:26 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
i don't know what to say
i don't know what to say , things we can do is to donate chainfire i will send my contribution because you take a huge times to help us and we want to thank you by not saying "only thanks" but donate "money".one more times thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to wahablepirate For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wahablepirate Ad-Free
20th September 2017, 09:35 AM |#7  
Account currently disabled
Flag Vernon
Thanks Meter: 504

More
This is awesome!! Thanks for the hard work it's just amazing. I've been checking it out and I'm getting a hot linking disabled error. And clicking on the following link does nothing. Am I doing something wrong?? Trying to configure a c.f. root package for my sm-g950w. Any ideas guys??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170920_003432.jpg
Views:	940
Size:	222.4 KB
ID:	4277633  
20th September 2017, 09:40 AM |#8  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsupnow

This is awesome!! Thanks for the hard work it's just amazing. I've been checking it out and I'm getting a hot linking disabled error. And clicking on the following link does nothing. Am I doing something wrong?? Trying to configure a c.f. root package for my sm-g950w. Any ideas guys??

Try using Chrome or Firefox. Seems to be an issue with IE/Edge. I'll check this out later.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th September 2017, 09:44 AM |#9  
Account currently disabled
Flag Vernon
Thanks Meter: 504

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

Try using Chrome or Firefox. Seems to be an issue with IE/Edge. I'll check this out later.

Another question, I see that the 950w firmware is from May, if I uploaded the newest firmware would you be able to add that in??

Edit: works on chrome but not Firefox or IE
20th September 2017, 01:19 PM |#10  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

This is the discussion thread for firmware.mobi.

This site replaces my old central CF-Auto-Root repository, and aside from letting you create and download CFARs, also lets you download stock boot and recovery images for many firmwares and view all sorts of information about them.

Initial publication post: https://plus.google.com/+Chainfire/posts/YzfaWH1KDG8

I have attempted time and time again, even with your new site, but i cant get CF Auto Root to work on my Samsung Galaxy J3 (2017) SM-J327T and my Galaxy J7 (2017) SM-J727T. They are both coming back with SECURE CHECK FAIL (RECOVERY). Others Methods i have tried failed for SECURE CHECK FAIL (Cache) which i was told meant Locked Bootloader. That being the case, why is Recovery failing on your root method.

If it is a Locked Bootloader on both devices, if there a way around this?

Thank you in advance!
20th September 2017, 02:07 PM |#11  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 6,979

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeviceManagent

I have attempted time and time again, even with your new site, but i cant get CF Auto Root to work on my Samsung Galaxy J3 (2017) SM-J327T and my Galaxy J7 (2017) SM-J727T. They are both coming back with SECURE CHECK FAIL (RECOVERY). Others Methods i have tried failed for SECURE CHECK FAIL (Cache) which i was told meant Locked Bootloader. That being the case, why is Recovery failing on your root method.

If it is a Locked Bootloader on both devices, if there a way around this?

Thank you in advance!

This has already been explained to death. Chainfire even reiterates it on the new website.

Binaries, that includes recovery and boot images, that are not signed by Samsung CANNOT be flashed on a bootloader locked device, period.
No matter what the method.

Firmware.mobi doesn't add some new magic that can bypass bootloaders. It's simply an automated process.
It still stands that if your device has a locked bootloader it simply will not work.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)