FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

firmware.mobi

11,416 posts
Thanks Meter: 87,946

By Chainfire, Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 19th September 2017, 05:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th September 2017, 01:07 PM |#11  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 9,325

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeviceManagent

I have attempted time and time again, even with your new site, but i cant get CF Auto Root to work on my Samsung Galaxy J3 (2017) SM-J327T and my Galaxy J7 (2017) SM-J727T. They are both coming back with SECURE CHECK FAIL (RECOVERY). Others Methods i have tried failed for SECURE CHECK FAIL (Cache) which i was told meant Locked Bootloader. That being the case, why is Recovery failing on your root method.

If it is a Locked Bootloader on both devices, if there a way around this?

Thank you in advance!

This has already been explained to death. Chainfire even reiterates it on the new website.

Binaries, that includes recovery and boot images, that are not signed by Samsung CANNOT be flashed on a bootloader locked device, period.
No matter what the method.

Firmware.mobi doesn't add some new magic that can bypass bootloaders. It's simply an automated process.
It still stands that if your device has a locked bootloader it simply will not work.

20th September 2017, 03:29 PM |#12  
Flag KLang
Thanks Meter: 191

More
Wow... Thanks for the hardwork.
Trying to generate for A9pro A910F 7.0 but failed. The only setting that i know for qualcom is to set cache image as ext4 type. After flash with odin internal storage corrupted. Need help for actual setting regarding the encryption.
20th September 2017, 04:21 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
@ Chainfire: Hi Sir: thanks for your great efforts to help the android community, really appreciated! i have generated cfar_google_pixel-xl_marlin_opr1.170623.026_t1.zip for Pixel XL. I want to root, can I just flash this zip file, or do I still need to flash the SuperSu as well? Could you please outline the steps? What's the best use of CF-Auto-Root zip file from firmware.mobi? Thank you!
21st September 2017, 04:29 AM |#14  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Hi, ive been trying to upload zips of the Nvidia Shield, OnePlus 3 etc, however it keeps giving an error and I am not able to upload it.

The error is

Secure Connection Failed
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

This happens in Edge, Chrome, Opera, and Firefox.
21st September 2017, 05:23 AM |#15  
Flag Hajipur
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Uploaded Files and waiting for status
Hii sir!
I have uploaded Stock images of Boot,Recovery & Cache of my device which is Lenovo Vibe K5 Note.How can i know the status of my files being processed? Please reply.
21st September 2017, 05:34 AM |#16  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkchandra041

Hii sir!
I have uploaded Stock images of Boot,Recovery & Cache of my device which is Lenovo Vibe K5 Note.How can i know the status of my files being processed? Please reply.

Does CF-AUTOROOT even work on Lenovo devices?
21st September 2017, 07:24 AM |#17  
OP Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanGolfer

@ Chainfire: Hi Sir: thanks for your great efforts to help the android community, really appreciated! i have generated cfar_google_pixel-xl_marlin_opr1.170623.026_t1.zip for Pixel XL. I want to root, can I just flash this zip file, or do I still need to flash the SuperSu as well? Could you please outline the steps? What's the best use of CF-Auto-Root zip file from firmware.mobi? Thank you!

Extract the ZIP, instructions inside...

It does install SuperSU.

Though you say 'flash this zip', which implies you have TWRP, in which case you can just flash the SuperSU ZIP and don't need CF-Auto-Root.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeoflucifer

Hi, ive been trying to upload zips of the Nvidia Shield, OnePlus 3 etc, however it keeps giving an error and I am not able to upload it.

The error is

Secure Connection Failed
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

This happens in Edge, Chrome, Opera, and Firefox.

How big are the firmwares?

Can you put one of them on drive and link it to me so I can test if it has something to do with the firmware images itself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkchandra041

Hii sir!

It normally redirects to a queue page after the upload which shows you the status... what happeend? did it just redirect to the same page again?
21st September 2017, 08:46 AM |#18  
Flag Singapore

More
Quote:

How big are the firmwares?

Can you put one of them on drive and link it to me so I can test if it has something to do with the firmware images itself?

here you go.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0...ElCZU1CN3FzRnc
21st September 2017, 10:34 AM |#19  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
21st September 2017, 02:20 PM |#20  
OP Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeoflucifer

here you go.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0...ElCZU1CN3FzRnc

Max upload size issue on the server. Should be fixed now. I uploaded the nvidia one, you can do the OP3 one

Still, it would be better to extract the boot and recovery images, then zip those up.
21st September 2017, 03:04 PM |#21  
Flag Singapore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

Max upload size issue on the server. Should be fixed now. I uploaded the nvidia one, you can do the OP3 one

Still, it would be better to extract the boot and recovery images, then zip those up.

Cool. Thanks. I'll try that out and also upload a few others.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)