FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

firmware.mobi

11,416 posts
Thanks Meter: 87,946

By Chainfire, Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 19th September 2017, 05:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st September 2017, 03:04 PM |#21  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

Max upload size issue on the server. Should be fixed now. I uploaded the nvidia one, you can do the OP3 one

Still, it would be better to extract the boot and recovery images, then zip those up.

Cool. Thanks. I'll try that out and also upload a few others.

21st September 2017, 05:24 PM |#22  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 4,997

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

How big are the firmwares?

Can you put one of them on drive and link it to me so I can test if it has something to do with the firmware images itself?

It normally redirects to a queue page after the upload which shows you the status... what happeend? did it just redirect to the same page again?

Hi! Thanks as always for everything you do!

I've tried uploading definitely stock (pulled from the stock container myself) boot and recovery.img for the VS985 LG G3. I've tried in Chrome, Edge and Internet Exploder with the same result. I've tried both outside and inside a zip. I do initially get the queue screen but then within 20 seconds it turns to the following:

Current status: ERROR
Estimated wait: NOT APPLICABLE

Let me know if you'd like me to upload these IMGs to Drive.

Thanks!

Edit: I have a bunch of LG VS985 and LG VK810 images on Android File Host at https://www.androidfilehost.com/user...les&flid=35380 for the VS985 and https://www.androidfilehost.com/user...les&flid=28125 for the VK810. Unfortunately, my archives there include all the other partitions, plus they're in 7-Zip format, although I do keep the system partition in separate archives from the non-system partitions.
22nd September 2017, 02:23 AM |#23  
Flag Singapore

More
@Chainfire any way for me to link external full images like the ones done in the Pixel XL page?
22nd September 2017, 08:09 AM |#24  
OP Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roirraW "edor" ehT

Hi! Thanks as always for everything you do!

I've tried uploading definitely stock (pulled from the stock container myself) boot and recovery.img for the VS985 LG G3. I've tried in Chrome, Edge and Internet Exploder with the same result. I've tried both outside and inside a zip. I do initially get the queue screen but then within 20 seconds it turns to the following:

Current status: ERROR
Estimated wait: NOT APPLICABLE

Let me know if you'd like me to upload these IMGs to Drive.

Thanks!

Edit: I have a bunch of LG VS985 and LG VK810 images on Android File Host at https://www.androidfilehost.com/user...les&flid=35380 for the VS985 and https://www.androidfilehost.com/user...les&flid=28125 for the VK810. Unfortunately, my archives there include all the other partitions, plus they're in 7-Zip format, although I do keep the system partition in separate archives from the non-system partitions.

It's probably something with the boot images it doesn't understand. I'll look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeoflucifer

@Chainfire any way for me to link external full images like the ones done in the Pixel XL page?

Not right now, no. But if you have a collection I can link to... ?
The Following User Says Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd September 2017, 08:17 AM |#25  
Flag Singapore

More
Quote:

It's probably something with the boot images it doesn't understand. I'll look into it.

Not right now, no. But if you have a collection I can link to... ?

Hi, no collection right now. Just linking to the official sources. Also when i tried to upload the recovery for OP3, i got the same error as @roirraW "edor" ehT
The Following User Says Thank You to eyeoflucifer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eyeoflucifer Ad-Free
22nd September 2017, 09:11 AM |#26  

Donate to Me
More
If there are proper official sources (like download pages on the OEM site), I would like to automate scraping them.

As for the upload errors, every upload capability to a site is an attack vector. As a precaution, the parser is extremely strict in the files it accepts. As such I must collect valid images that don't work, analyze why the parser rejects them, and fix the problems.

Obviously the system does store error details, but it would be bad form (security wise) to display this information to the uploader, it might help hone the attack.

So if you have images that are being rejected that have not been linked before, please link them (uploads to drive are fine).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd September 2017, 09:39 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hello here a noob with first time root, I hope a simple yes or no answer I can get in my struggle to find a answer. Hope you don't get irritated. Can anyone tell me if the cf autoroot works with G930FXXS1DQHN - Galaxy S7 SM-G930F PHN Netherlands. I Allready seen how rooting works with Odin and what to do. But this latest update and info on this forum confuses me.
Samsung s7 G930F exynox G930FXXS1DQHN - Galaxy S7 SM-G930F PHN Netherlands.
Ty in advance.
22nd September 2017, 11:19 AM |#28  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeoflucifer

Hi, no collection right now. Just linking to the official sources. Also when i tried to upload the recovery for OP3, i got the same error as @roirraW "edor" ehT

The earlier OP3 image you put on drive is an OTA image, not a firmware image, so that's not going to work either way.

You should upload both stock boot and recovery simultaneously, or if that doesn't work link me to them so I can take a look.
22nd September 2017, 11:37 AM |#29  
Flag Singapore

More
Quote:

The earlier OP3 image you put on drive is an OTA image, not a firmware image, so that's not going to work either way.

You should upload both stock boot and recovery simultaneously, or if that doesn't work link me to them so I can take a look.

Oh ok. I had tried to do both and then only the recovery image. i guess that's why it failed.

I tried again to upload the boot and the recovery images that i extracted. That too failed. Have also uploaded them in the drive.

Files names are recovery_op3.img and boot.img (did not change the names as per the instructions)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...nc?usp=sharing
22nd September 2017, 10:27 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
not sure if its something on your end or not or something still pissing in teh case of the SM-S327VL (using CROM Services 1.06 APK does seem to set the Bootloader to unlocked as we can now see FRP Disabled and get to fastboot/Bootloader,) but its stil failing Secure Check :/
23rd September 2017, 07:14 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Rooting without TWRP
Hello and many thanks as always.
I would like to have a simple question for my Chinese device.
It is possible for CF-Auto-Root to auto-generate root packages from uploaded images? I like being rooted, but...no custom recovery, and the "Magic…" stuffs doesn't work on my MT6580 Lollipop device.

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)