FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

firmware.mobi

11,416 posts
Thanks Meter: 88,049

By Chainfire, Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 19th September 2017, 05:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th August 2019, 12:28 PM |#411  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashyx

Plug in your USB cable then hold POWER + VOL UP + VOL DOWN then post a screen shot of download mode.

Thanks again for quick reply. OEM unlock problem is solved. If i press POWER + VOL UP + VOL DOWN (with USB cable plugged or not) or POWER + VOL DOWN buttons (without USB cable plugged), safe mode will appears (without USB cable). When i plug in USB cable and press POWER and VOL DOWN buttons, "different" download mode appears. I have 3 choices, "Volume down : Continue", "Volume up long press: Device unlock mode" and Volume down: Cancel (restart phone)". Pressing VOL UP long will finally unlock OEM. When doing that, phone restart and do automatically factory data reset. Every time phone starts, warning text appears that OEM is unlocked. This is slightly different way to unlock OEM than previously XCover models.

However, i have problems rooting this phone. If i try flash patched boot.img or patched firmware AP (+ "normal" BL, CP and HOME CSC), i cannot go to recovery and do the full wipe data (after flashing operation). It just doesn't seem to be able to capture key button press events in early boot, so long pressing VOL UP doesn't boot to recovery on my device (normally it does but not now). And of course if i cannot go to recovery, i cannot go to system because it go download mode automatically.

Any ideas how to proceed?

7th August 2019, 01:01 PM |#412  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 9,510

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamonds8

Thanks again for quick reply. OEM unlock problem is solved. If i press POWER + VOL UP + VOL DOWN (with USB cable plugged or not) or POWER + VOL DOWN buttons (without USB cable plugged), safe mode will appears (without USB cable). When i plug in USB cable and press POWER and VOL DOWN buttons, "different" download mode appears. I have 3 choices, "Volume down : Continue", "Volume up long press: Device unlock mode" and Volume down: Cancel (restart phone)". Pressing VOL UP long will finally unlock OEM. When doing that, phone restart and do automatically factory data reset. Every time phone starts, warning text appears that OEM is unlocked. This is slightly different way to unlock OEM than previously XCover models.

However, i have problems rooting this phone. If i try flash patched boot.img or patched firmware AP (+ "normal" BL, CP and HOME CSC), i cannot go to recovery and do the full wipe data (after flashing operation). It just doesn't seem to be able to capture key button press events in early boot, so long pressing VOL UP doesn't boot to recovery on my device (normally it does but not now). And of course if i cannot go to recovery, i cannot go to system because it go download mode automatically.

Any ideas how to proceed?

You need to read the documentation on booting Samsung system as root devices with Magisk installed.
You need to press the right key at the right time.
8th August 2019, 06:29 AM |#413  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashyx

You need to read the documentation on booting Samsung system as root devices with Magisk installed.
You need to press the right key at the right time.

Thank you for the reply again. Rooting problem is solved, finally. I flashed recovery same way like example, "boot.img" and now i can go to recovery. Everything works well now and phone is rooted.

I followed this instructions:

https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html (if somebody use this guide, read every word till the end before flashing. This is important. Especially "EMUI 8" and "EMUI 9+ higher" chapters!)

Thank you, ashyx and everybody else too!
14th August 2019, 04:24 AM |#414  

More
Hi All,
I'm trying to root my CAT S41 but couldn't find it on firmware.mobi. Any chances to have CF-Auto-Root working on it?
Thanks in advance.
14th August 2019, 12:18 PM |#415  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 9,510

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrccruz

Hi All,
I'm trying to root my CAT S41 but couldn't find it on firmware.mobi. Any chances to have CF-Auto-Root working on it?
Thanks in advance.

Cfautoroot is dead. Search for Magisk instead.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)