FORUMS

Fusermount on android (rclone mount)

37 posts
Thanks Meter: 14

By pmj_pedro, Member on 13th November 2018, 02:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Disclaymer: I am not responsible by what this binary can cause to your phone.

In the past month I have been struggling with getting "rclone mount" working on my phone, and after not finding anyway to have fuse working on my phone I decided to compile the fusermount.
Yoy should copy the binary to /system/bin or add to your path "export PATH=$PATH:/path_to_fusermount"

I use the source code from: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_external_fuse/tree/cm-14.1
and https://github.com/kirbyfan64/zdata/.../fusermount.mk to compile the binary

In my case I can now use rclone in the following way (you still need to have root access), on a terminal (termux) for android:
Code:
su
rclone mount Box:/ /storage/cloud --vfs-cache-mode minimal --allow-other --gid 1015
Tested on:
  • Mi4c cm14.1 (android 7.1)
  • Huawei Mediapad M5 (android 8)
Attached Files
File Type: zip fusermount_arm64-v8a.zip - [Click for QR Code] (14.6 KB, 1246 views)
File Type: zip fusermount_armeabi-v7a.zip - [Click for QR Code] (15.6 KB, 642 views)
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pmj_pedro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pmj_pedro Ad-Free
18th January 2019, 04:15 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
na
16th March 2019, 01:25 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thank you very much. It's so nice that ican mount gdrive on my old phone. Helped me a lot.
21st June 2019, 07:28 PM |#4  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 9

Donate to Me
More
Can see my mount point on termux but not see on file manager, please help??
3rd July 2019, 05:07 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyrobbie

Can see my mount point on termux but not see on file manager, please help??

Are you using magisk module based rclone-mount?
4th July 2019, 08:02 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darfri

Are you using magisk module based rclone-mount?

Same with me, I am using magisk module based rclone-mount.
4th July 2019, 11:06 PM |#7  
Flag Ajka
Thanks Meter: 1

Donate to Me
More
I'm also using magisk module on android 6.0, but I get
Code:
cannot locate symbol "__aeabi_memcpy"
, because of this I can't use this module at all as intended.
Mount folders are created, but are empty. I am able to manually send files to cloud strorage, but they don't show up locally. Also, I can see the mounted folders in bot ES file explorer and Termux.

Edit: Tried it on my other phone running CarbonRom 6.1 (android 8.1.0), and I face the same issue described before me. Termux can list files when cloud storage is mounted, but file explorers show empty folders.

Edit2: Google drive seems to be working on 8.1.0 with Solid Explorer File Manager, mega folder still shows up empty :/
8th July 2019, 08:42 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Has anyone got afwall? What to unblock? I'd hate to unblock multicomponent system apps.
Maybe a custom iptables script?
19th July 2019, 01:17 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 76

More
For people who are getting empty folders outside termux, is most likely because mount namespace seperation is enabled in their supersu or magisk. I don't use magisk so don't know the exact option but for supersu, just uncheck "Mount namespace seperation" in its settings and reboot and try after that.

I have successfully done a 64-bit on-device build inside termux for fusermount with the relevant patches. Its working fine for now and most likely will work better for people. I plan to release the binaries, the source code and tasker projects related to it hopefully in the next few days, but if someone needs the binaries earlier, let me know.
The Following User Says Thank You to agnostic-apollo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift agnostic-apollo Ad-Free
19th July 2019, 10:42 PM |#10  
Flag Long Beach, CA
Thanks Meter: 204

Donate to Me
More
@pmj_pedro Would it be possible for you to do a static compile? It might help with the missing symbols.

Code:
@agnostic-apollo I am interested especially if the binary(s) have no depends & can work with Android M-P outside of Termux. Would it be possible to include arm as well?
19th July 2019, 11:03 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geofferey

@pmj_pedro Would it be possible for you to do a static compile? It might help with the missing symbols.

Code:
@agnostic-apollo I am interested especially if the binary(s) have no depends & can work with Android M-P outside of Termux's. Would it be possible to include arm as well?

I initially was attempting a static compile within a ubuntu chroot in my phone but the static flags wouldn't work and it still linked to the "lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so" and "/lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3", which are glibc libs... i then decided to compile within termux itself since people would be using rclone with that anyways and dynamic linkage would hopefully not be a problem. For a 32bit compilation, i would have to look more into it cause that would require 32 libs/compiler dependencies. I tried in the morning but it failed as expected.

i have attached the termux patched source and 64bit fusermount. Instructions for termux compilation are inside the source zip... the source is the same as the OP... If someone could attempt compilation on a 32 bit phone, that would be quicker.

Edit: made some patches and improvements, use new binary.
Attached Files
File Type: zip android_external_fuse_termux_patched_v2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (258.6 KB, 206 views)
File Type: zip fusermount.zip - [Click for QR Code] (20.8 KB, 168 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to agnostic-apollo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift agnostic-apollo Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fuse, fusermount, rclone

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)