FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

GSI for the Galaxy A20

634 posts
Thanks Meter: 116
 
By physwizz, Senior Member on 4th September 2019, 09:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th September 2019, 09:08 PM |#11  
physwizz's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Sydney
Thanks Meter: 116
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwp_2804

i tried install any GSI on my A205F , but it's keeps bootloop , any suggestions to fix ?

I have the same problem on 205yn.
which method did you use to install twrp. there are some 205f users having trouble installing twrp
 
 
5th September 2019, 09:12 PM |#12  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by physwizz

I have the same problem on 205yn.
which method did you use to install twrp. there are some 205f users having trouble installing twrp

i use methods 1 and 2 , both also the same
twrp is working , but my internal storage seems like corrupted .
5th September 2019, 10:16 PM |#13  
physwizz's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Sydney
Thanks Meter: 116
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwp_2804

i use methods 1 and 2 , both also the same
twrp is working , but my internal storage seems like corrupted .

So method 1 have you the same result as method 2
Can you backup with either method?


Method 1
For the SM-A205YN
Download the A205YN custom recovery from here
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=169
No need to patch it. Just flash it with Flashify.

If this first method works for a different version, please let me know.

Method 2
For the SM-A205G,
Download the composite recovery from here.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=198
Install to ap slot using Odin.
6th September 2019, 04:03 AM |#14  
physwizz's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Sydney
Thanks Meter: 116
 
More
I haven't tested this yet so be wary. I'm going to try it today.

Format data (this is NOT the same as Wipe data) (In TWRP: Wipe -> Format Data)
Reboot back into recovery
Install GSI from TWRP. : Install , Install IMAGE
Pick your GSI and select SYSTEM IMAGE
Reboot to TWRP Recovery
Flash "GSI_Fix_boot.zip"GSI_Fix_boot.zip
Flash this zipDisable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_08.18.2019.zip

Reboot


That didn't work.
Reinstalling now 😢
6th September 2019, 01:42 PM |#15  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by physwizz

I haven't tested this yet so be wary. I'm going to try it today.

Format data (this is NOT the same as Wipe data) (In TWRP: Wipe -> Format Data)
Reboot back into recovery
Install GSI from TWRP. : Install , Install IMAGE
Pick your GSI and select SYSTEM IMAGE
Reboot to TWRP Recovery
Flash "GSI_Fix_boot.zip"Attachment 4815771
Flash this zipAttachment 4815767

Reboot


That didn't work.
Reinstalling now

Try this:

Links donwload:

ROM: Android 10 GSI Treble (A-Only):
https:// enrt.eu/ FpMD

FixZygote V2 and Permissiver v5
https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=279429

Instalation:

1- Into TWRP mode
2- Wipe/ advanced wipe/ system. data and cache
3-Install/ select internal storage/ search rom image and install
4-Install/ FixZygote and Permissiver v5
5-reboot

PS: I haven't tested it yet on A205G as my twrp doesn't recognize any img rom!
6th September 2019, 10:44 PM |#16  
physwizz's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Sydney
Thanks Meter: 116
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theus01

Try this:

Links donwload:

ROM: Android 10 GSI Treble (A-Only):
https:// enrt.eu/ FpMD

FixZygote V2 and Permissiver v5
https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=279429

Instalation:

1- Into TWRP mode
2- Wipe/ advanced wipe/ system. data and cache
3-Install/ select internal storage/ search rom image and install
4-Install/ FixZygote and Permissiver v5
5-reboot

PS: I haven't tested it yet on A205G as my twrp doesn't recognize any img rom!

How did you install your TWRP?
6th September 2019, 11:20 PM |#17  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by physwizz

How did you install your TWRP?


I rooted for magisk and twrp used method 2 of the post!
7th September 2019, 01:37 AM |#18  
physwizz's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Sydney
Thanks Meter: 116
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theus01

I rooted for magisk and twrp used method 2 of the post!

I just changed method 2
7th September 2019, 03:44 AM |#19  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by physwizz

I just changed method 2

I did the twrp process again by the new method 2 but still the same error, the internal storage is having problems it does not appear the folders or files! and to install a GSI rom it must be the internal memory because the SD card does not work!
7th September 2019, 05:13 AM |#20  
physwizz's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Sydney
Thanks Meter: 116
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theus01

I did the twrp process again by the new method 2 but still the same error, the internal storage is having problems it does not appear the folders or files! and to install a GSI rom it must be the internal memory because the SD card does not work!

did you go to mount and mount everything
7th September 2019, 08:50 AM |#21  
physwizz's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Sydney
Thanks Meter: 116
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theus01

Try this:

Links donwload:

ROM: Android 10 GSI Treble (A-Only):
https:// enrt.eu/ FpMD

FixZygote V2 and Permissiver v5
https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=279429

Instalation:

1- Into TWRP mode
2- Wipe/ advanced wipe/ system. data and cache
3-Install/ select internal storage/ search rom image and install
4-Install/ FixZygote and Permissiver v5
5-reboot

PS: I haven't tested it yet on A205G as my twrp doesn't recognize any img rom!


sorry I can't find the link to this ROM . ROM: Android 10 GSI Treble (A-Only):
https:// enrt.eu/ FpMD
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
samsung-galaxy-a20

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes