Please try the following steps for your Lenovo Tab 3 Plus YT-X703F and tell me if it works:
1. Download the tool for Mi 5: https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-...plash-t3425054
2. Open bin/logo_gen.py & change "SUPPORT_RLE24_COMPRESSIONT = 0" to "SUPPORT_RLE24_COMPRESSIONT = 1 " (in line 71) and save the script.
3. Now use a 1600x2560 picture to create a splash.img using the same tool and flash it.
If it works, please post the modified tool in your device's sub-forum so that it'll be useful for others
Here are instructions taken from here https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-...plash-t3425054 and edited for the modified tool for Yoga Tab 3 Plus:
This is not a bootanimation, this is the splash screen (the 'Lenovo' boot logo which is displayed when the device is switched ON)
This is for Yoga Tab 3 Plus YT-X703F Only
1. Rooted Yoga Tab 3 Plus YT-X703F
2. Optional: Terminal Emulator app or Custom Recovery or at least working fastboot in computer
3. You're proceeding at your own risk.
STEPS to create splash.img:
Before proceeding, make sure fastboot is setup properly on your computer (just in case something goes wrong)..
1. Download & Extract this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/att...1&d=1507064918
2. Make sure you have a picture with resolution of 1600x2560 portrait (Make the image in landscape, then rotate 90° to the right)
In fact, you don't need a 1600x2560 picture, you can even have a picture with any resolution lower than device resolution, which will automatically be centred while booting.
3. Now rename your picture as logo.png or logo.jpg (according to the format) & replace it inside "pics" folder of the extracted folder.
(Or you can also directly edit the picture inside)
4. Finally, run the 'CREATE_LOGO.bat' to create splash.img , which you can find inside the "output" folder after completion.
STEPS to flash splash.img:
Optional: To backup your original splash.img:
dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/splash of=/sdcard/splash.img
Now, Choose any one easy method to install:
a. To flash from recovery:
Transfer the flashable_splash.zip to your device and flash from TWRP or other custom recovery.
b. To flash from Terminal Emulator:
Transfer the splash.img to your device's Internal Storage, Open Terminal Emulator & enter the following to flash it:
su dd if=/sdcard/splash.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/splash
fastboot flash splash splash.img
In case something goes wrong or device doesn't bootup, flash the stock splash.img from custom recovery or fastboot. I've also attached a flashable zip of the original YT-X703F splash.img
1. @GokulNC who wrote this script
2. Based on logo_gen.py script
Hit the Thanks button if it worked for you