[GUIDE] New Root Method for LG Devices

7,056 posts
Thanks Meter: 13,150

By Unjustified Dev, Recognized Developer on 9th March 2015, 03:57 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th September 2018, 06:13 PM |#1121  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Holy ... the host is full of malware and adware.... anyone has alternative link?

2nd November 2018, 04:42 PM |#1122  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Virus Threat
When I tried to download those 2 files, Windows Defender flagged a Virus Threat and the download failed. The link takes me to a very suspicious page?
How does xda forums allow posts with virus threats?
4th November 2018, 01:08 AM |#1123  
Thanks Meter: 312

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by satishny

The link takes me to a very suspicious page?
How does xda forums allow posts with virus threats?

The site used to be ok.

I didn't have any problems in July, but I use good blockers.

But dev host has really gone dowhill
https://www.xda-developers.com/xda-devhost/

Notice the OP is from 7 months before that story. And the op is 3.5 years old.
A lot can change in 6 months, and a lot more in 3 years. The OP probably isn't around to maintain or update the post.
12th November 2018, 07:08 PM |#1124  
Flag Tulsa
Thanks Meter: 54

More
I still keep these files on my Mega account. But I haven't used them in quite some time. They arent new now....the post saying 3.5years old is accurate... If you still wamt the files...I can link it...but it isnt going to work om any LG device that was made after 2016

Sent from my Rooted (thanks messi!!!) and network unlocked LG TP-450 on T-Mobile's insanely fast 4gLTE network
17th November 2018, 01:26 AM |#1125  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonersChuck

I still keep these files on my Mega account. But I haven't used them in quite some time. They arent new now....the post saying 3.5years old is accurate... If you still wamt the files...I can link it...but it isnt going to work om any LG device that was made after 2016

Sent from my Rooted (thanks messi!!!) and network unlocked LG TP-450 on T-Mobile's insanely fast 4gLTE network

Hey Sooners... am getting a used LG4 from 2015 and also need the root zip file and TWRP (got the driver and think it's clean)... could I bother you for a link to your LG4 file trove? Appreciate it.
The Following User Says Thank You to remmian For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift remmian Ad-Free
17th November 2018, 01:34 AM |#1126  
Flag Tulsa

More
Yeah I can send you the link...but give me a bit (30-45mins). Just picked up my kiddos for the weekend.. heading home now
The Following User Says Thank You to SoonersChuck For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SoonersChuck Ad-Free
18th November 2018, 05:32 AM |#1127  
Flag Tulsa

More
Well...30-45 mins I said....LoL...sad my sense of time...I am trying to figure out what happened to my mega account...for some odd reason I can't log in to my account. It's telling me my email isn't valid...hmm....maybe it's got me logged in on one of my other phones my older kids are using....if I can't find out whats happening, I do have the files on a hard drive somewhere in my house...I'll do my best to find it so u can use it
The Following User Says Thank You to SoonersChuck For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SoonersChuck Ad-Free
16th March 2019, 07:56 AM |#1128  
Flag Cruzeiro

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonersChuck

Well...30-45 mins I said....LoL...sad my sense of time...I am trying to figure out what happened to my mega account...for some odd reason I can't log in to my account. It's telling me my email isn't valid...hmm....maybe it's got me logged in on one of my other phones my older kids are using....if I can't find out whats happening, I do have the files on a hard drive somewhere in my house...I'll do my best to find it so u can use it

No luck finding the files?

Can you say me if this method unlocks the bootloader? I lost my recovery because I used flashify to flash TWRP, but I think my bootloader is locked.

My moto z display cracked open and I need to put this F60 to work better. Cant work with no apps and 400mb of free memmory.
17th March 2019, 11:32 PM |#1129  
Thanks Meter: 312

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johenrique

Can you say me if this method unlocks the bootloader? I lost my recovery because I used flashify to flash TWRP, but I think my bootloader is locked.

No it uses work arounds to make it bootable.

Lookup Loki and bumped boot.

Flashify may be the problem especially if the image you flashed isn't bumped/lokified.
The Following User Says Thank You to ST Dog For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ST Dog Ad-Free
3rd May 2019, 10:02 AM |#1130  

More
Which USB Debugging mode should be used?
What should the Device be named in Device Manager, to check if I'm on the right path?

I'm stuck when trying to execute the root command, nothing happens
14th May 2019, 10:49 PM |#1131  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastage

Holy ... the host is full of malware and adware.... anyone has alternative link?

http://downloads.codefi.re/thecubed/...ef/LG_Root.zip

found here: https://theunlockr.com/root-lg-g4-att/

But still no luck on my LG G4:
Quote:

10.) Final Step!!!!!! (We must run the root script)

I get the output

Code:
#FAIL
in the System console when I type
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)