UPDATED GUIDE ON ROOT &
INSTALLUNG TWRP RECOVERY
THANKS & MENTIONS:
First & foremost, I want to give thanks and credit to @faxanidu for making TWRP possible for this device. His Super Guide broke new ground on this device and first made root & custom recovery possible.
Contrary to popular belief, this device DOES NOT have a locked bootloader. Thus, bootloader unlocking is not required as a prerequisite to this guide. However, I can only confirm that this guide works on firmware builds from 2016. If you have a build number from 2017, and this guide does not work for you, please refer to @faxanidu's "Super Guide" for rooting & installing TWRP on your device.
The procedures in this guide will void your manufacturer and/or service provider warranty. Furthermore, these procedures carry an inherent risk of bricking or damaging your device beyond repair. By proceeding any further, you are absolving me of any liability in the event you damage or render your device inoperable. You -- and you alone -- are solely responsible for your device. However, in the event of such misfortune, I will provide any and all support within my abilities. Please stay on topic in this thread and treat all other members with the same respect that you want to receive. Off topic posts will either be ignored or reported to an XDA moderator.
These procedures do not require a PC. The only requirements are your device, an internet connection, and an ability to follow simple instructions.
1. On your Alcatel Ideal, go to Settings, About Phone, and tap Build Number 7 or 8 times until Developer Options is enabled. In Developer Options, tick OEM Unlocking & ADB Debugging. Now go to Settings, Security, & enable Unknown Sources;
2. Open the browser and go to https://kingroot.net and download the most recent KingRoot apk. Install the apk, open it, and select "Try Root" when prompted to do so. Wait for KingRoot to root your device. If it fails, reboot & try again until successful;
3. Next, go to the Play Store & download the Official TWRP App. (It is free of charge) Install & open the app. Grant it superuser permissions when prompted.
4. Download the 4060A TWRP custom recovery image from the below link, and save it to either internal storage or to your device's external micro SD card.
5. Open the Official TWRP App again & select the "Flash TWRP" option. In the menu you will see an option to select a file to flash. Navigate to the twrp.img file you downloaded and select it. Now select the option to flash the file to recovery.
6. Open a browser and go to http://www.supersu.com/download. Download the latest SuperSU zip and save it to your device's internal or external storage.
7. Now open the KingRoot app, go to app settings, and select uninstall KingRoot. Proceed with the uninstalling process and be sure to uncheck the option to save root backup.
8. Once KingRoot is uninstalled, open the Official TWRP App again, select "Flash TWRP" to get to the next menu, and tap the app settings menu in the upper left of the screen. Select Reboot Recovery. Welcome to TWRP. Again, thanks @faxanidu
9. Select INSTALL from TWRP main menu. Navigate to the SuperSU zip file you downloaded in Step 6, select the file and swipe to install it.
10. Select Reboot and then System from TWRP main menu. You now have TWRP custom recovery and full root with SuperSU binaries installed.
TWRP for 4060A: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1S...w?usp=drivesdk