FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE]ROOT, TWRP] AT&T Alcatel Ideal (4060A) Updated Root & Custom Recovery Tutorial

2,403 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,187

By MotoJunkie01, Account currently disabled on 18th August 2017, 04:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
AT&T ALCATEL IDEAL 4060A
UPDATED GUIDE ON ROOT &
INSTALLUNG TWRP RECOVERY

THANKS & MENTIONS:
First & foremost, I want to give thanks and credit to @faxanidu for making TWRP possible for this device. His Super Guide broke new ground on this device and first made root & custom recovery possible.

NOTE:
Contrary to popular belief, this device DOES NOT have a locked bootloader. Thus, bootloader unlocking is not required as a prerequisite to this guide. However, I can only confirm that this guide works on firmware builds from 2016. If you have a build number from 2017, and this guide does not work for you, please refer to @faxanidu's "Super Guide" for rooting & installing TWRP on your device.

DISCLAIMER:
The procedures in this guide will void your manufacturer and/or service provider warranty. Furthermore, these procedures carry an inherent risk of bricking or damaging your device beyond repair. By proceeding any further, you are absolving me of any liability in the event you damage or render your device inoperable. You -- and you alone -- are solely responsible for your device. However, in the event of such misfortune, I will provide any and all support within my abilities. Please stay on topic in this thread and treat all other members with the same respect that you want to receive. Off topic posts will either be ignored or reported to an XDA moderator.

INSTRUCTIONS:
These procedures do not require a PC. The only requirements are your device, an internet connection, and an ability to follow simple instructions.
1. On your Alcatel Ideal, go to Settings, About Phone, and tap Build Number 7 or 8 times until Developer Options is enabled. In Developer Options, tick OEM Unlocking & ADB Debugging. Now go to Settings, Security, & enable Unknown Sources;
2. Open the browser and go to https://kingroot.net and download the most recent KingRoot apk. Install the apk, open it, and select "Try Root" when prompted to do so. Wait for KingRoot to root your device. If it fails, reboot & try again until successful;
3. Next, go to the Play Store & download the Official TWRP App. (It is free of charge) Install & open the app. Grant it superuser permissions when prompted.
4. Download the 4060A TWRP custom recovery image from the below link, and save it to either internal storage or to your device's external micro SD card.
5. Open the Official TWRP App again & select the "Flash TWRP" option. In the menu you will see an option to select a file to flash. Navigate to the twrp.img file you downloaded and select it. Now select the option to flash the file to recovery.
6. Open a browser and go to http://www.supersu.com/download. Download the latest SuperSU zip and save it to your device's internal or external storage.
7. Now open the KingRoot app, go to app settings, and select uninstall KingRoot. Proceed with the uninstalling process and be sure to uncheck the option to save root backup.
8. Once KingRoot is uninstalled, open the Official TWRP App again, select "Flash TWRP" to get to the next menu, and tap the app settings menu in the upper left of the screen. Select Reboot Recovery. Welcome to TWRP. Again, thanks @faxanidu
9. Select INSTALL from TWRP main menu. Navigate to the SuperSU zip file you downloaded in Step 6, select the file and swipe to install it.
10. Select Reboot and then System from TWRP main menu. You now have TWRP custom recovery and full root with SuperSU binaries installed.

DOWNLOAD LINK:
TWRP for 4060A: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1S...w?usp=drivesdk
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MotoJunkie01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MotoJunkie01 Ad-Free

25th August 2017, 12:58 PM |#2  
Flag Deoghar
Thanks Meter: 74

Donate to Me
More
Installung ??
6th September 2017, 05:46 AM |#3  
Maracay
Thanks Meter: 0

More
It works!
ES: Si funciona, al principio lo hice con algo de miedo y me quede varias veces en el ultimo paso, tuve que apagar el celular e iniciar el modo recovery (TWRP) manualmente para instalar el supersu. (Antes hice una copia del sistema para estar seguro). El dispositivo esta 100% root y he reiniciado varias veces para asegurarme de que todo está bien, y efectivamente todo va de lujo. Muchas gracias amigo, de verdad. (Y)

EN: (GoogleTranslate)
It works, at first I did it with some fear and I stayed several times in the last step, I had to turn off the cell phone and start the recovery mode (TWRP) manually to install the supersu. (Before I made a copy of the system to be sure). The device is 100% root and I have restarted several times to make sure everything is fine, and indeed everything goes in luxury. Thank you very much, my friend. (Y)
24th September 2017, 06:05 AM |#4  
Flag Maracaibo
Thanks Meter: 39

More
i can confirm this procedure works with a device bought a few days ago. so the phone's bootloader doesn't check for signed images? in my old atrix days, the bootloader had to be unlocked first in order to be able to flash custom roms.

However before doing this i tried to update the phone's to the july 2017 patch and the update tool couldn't find any updates. Don't know if it's because i haven't activated at&t service (i am not using this as a phone). Is there any plan to release a stock rooted rom with the latest official patches?
The Following User Says Thank You to franciscojavierleon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift franciscojavierleon Ad-Free
24th September 2017, 03:59 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscojavierleon

Is there any plan to release a stock rooted rom with the latest official patches?

There's this.. https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...based-t3657709
18th October 2017, 01:41 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scohut

There's this.. https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...based-t3657709

I also notice that it is necessary to solve in the new room these points
- Camera application video solution
- SD card for storage of applications

I appreciate the work of this room but do not forget many thanks my recognition of your work.
18th October 2017, 02:51 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrywilson

I also notice that it is necessary to solve in the new room these points
- Camera application video solution
- SD card for storage of applications

I appreciate the work of this room but do not forget many thanks my recognition of your work.

It's not mine, just pointed it out. To be honest, if you want the best, feature rich camera for this phone (imo), just go to the play store and get Open Camera, it's what I've used for a long time and works great.
6th November 2017, 08:12 AM |#8  

More
Everything went fine until step 8. After uninstalling Kingroot I opened the TWRP app and and go to top left and tap the three lines and select "Reboot" and that takes me to a screen that says "Reboot Recovery" on top and "Reboot System" on the bottom. Neither one do anything, so I'm not able to go onto step 9 to install the SuperSU-v2.82-201705271822.zip file. Any idea if I'm doing something wrong?
6th November 2017, 04:20 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trifroce0fWisdom

Everything went fine until step 8. After uninstalling Kingroot I opened the TWRP app and and go to top left and tap the three lines and select "Reboot" and that takes me to a screen that says "Reboot Recovery" on top and "Reboot System" on the bottom. Neither one do anything, so I'm not able to go onto step 9 to install the SuperSU-v2.82-201705271822.zip file. Any idea if I'm doing something wrong?

I had the same issue, its a kind of bug in the TWRP app . But what i do is that i use another app to install the recovery ( I used Flashify, Rashr will do it to ) Its the same, look fot the options that says flash recovery, or something like that. And... Voila !! IT RESTARTED.

* * * NOTE (MUST LEARN) * * * : I also had a problem with the recovery downloaded im this post, te recovery doesnt shows up. So i search for another one ( for the 4060a of course) and. . . it Works!!. Send me a PM if you want that recovery.3

(P.D. Im a newbie in XDA, so i dont know if i can put links here)
6th November 2017, 04:49 PM |#10  
OP Account currently disabled
Flag Corbin
Thanks Meter: 1,187

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by faenza19

I had the same issue, its a kind of bug in the TWRP app . But what i do is that i use another app to install the recovery ( I used Flashify, Rashr will do it to ) Its the same, look fot the options that says flash recovery, or something like that. And... Voila !! IT RESTARTED.

* * * NOTE (MUST LEARN) * * * : I also had a problem with the recovery downloaded im this post, te recovery doesnt shows up. So i search for another one ( for the 4060a of course) and. . . it Works!!. Send me a PM if you want that recovery.3

(P.D. Im a newbie in XDA, so i dont know if i can put links here)

I checked the download link and it correctly downloads "twrp.img" for the 4060A. If it wasn't showing up for you it could be the browser you are using.
6th November 2017, 05:44 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoJunkie01

I checked the download link and it correctly downloads "twrp.img" for the 4060A. If it wasn't showing up for you it could be the browser you are using.

My bad, i tried to say that doenst shows up as recovery in my device, just got the Alcatel splash screen, i wait like 10 minutes and nothimg happened.

PD. sorry if someone doesnt understand me, english its not my native language
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
alcatel-ideal

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)