22nd May 2020, 04:06 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Added my TWRP to the OP
22nd May 2020, 06:45 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
OK I've compared and I can't see anything major. The only thing you do have is a few more mount points which I've not had in mine (listed). Where are they from? I think mounting the sdcard (modem firmware) is a bad idea so I'm going to skip that.

/sbl1 emmc /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/sbl1
#/sbl2 emmc /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/sbl2
#/sbl3 emmc /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/sbl3
/tz emmc /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/tz
/rpm emmc /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/rpm
/aboot emmc /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/aboot
#/sbl2b emmc /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/sbl2b
#/sbl3b emmc /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/sbl3b
#/tzb emmc /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/tzb
#/rpmb emmc /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/rpmb
#/abootb emmc /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/abootb
#/usb-otg vfat /dev/block/sda1 /dev/block/sda flags=removable;storage;display=USB-OTG

/external_sd vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1
/usb-otg auto /dev/block/sda1
22nd May 2020, 08:34 PM |#13  

More
So, I have twrp installed, and a fast bootloop almost instantly on start. I haven't been able to solve it thus far. I can get into twrp which is something though.
22nd May 2020, 09:03 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy20

OK I've compared and I can't see anything major. The only thing you do have is a few more mount points which I've not had in mine (listed). Where are they from? I think mounting the sdcard (modem firmware) is a bad idea so I'm going to skip that.

/sbl1 emmc /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/sbl1
#/sbl2 emmc /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/sbl2
#/sbl3 emmc /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/sbl3
/tz emmc /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/tz
/rpm emmc /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/rpm
/aboot emmc /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/aboot
#/sbl2b emmc /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/sbl2b
#/sbl3b emmc /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/sbl3b
#/tzb emmc /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/tzb
#/rpmb emmc /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/rpmb
#/abootb emmc /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/abootb
#/usb-otg vfat /dev/block/sda1 /dev/block/sda flags=removable;storage;display=USB-OTG

/external_sd vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1
/usb-otg auto /dev/block/sda1

I think the guide for porting TWRP mentioned to add it, so I did.
22nd May 2020, 09:04 PM |#15  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

So, I have twrp installed, and a fast bootloop almost instantly on start. I haven't been able to solve it thus far. I can get into twrp which is something though.

Sounds similar to me. Did you flash the new system as well? If so, this is when you use TWRP to flash the zip to disable dm-verity.
22nd May 2020, 09:44 PM |#16  

More
I did, then the dm-verity but with no success. Assuming /system was corrupt or wrong I've deleted it. I'm now trying to work out how to flash the system.img without fastboot (which I don't have).

So far dd is ending up with a corrupt partition and twrp insists on a zip for system flash. Trying to figure out how to convert it.

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

I did, then the dm-verity but with no success. Assuming /system was corrupt or wrong I've deleted it. I'm now trying to work out how to flash the system.img without fastboot (which I don't have).

So far dd is ending up with a corrupt partition and twrp insists on a zip for system flash. Trying to figure out how to convert it.

Actually you said you tried 10 unsuccessfully, so how did you then flash the v8 image?
23rd May 2020, 02:31 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:

TWRP doesn't say "Install Image" at the bottom when you go to Install?

Quote:

Actually you said you tried 10 unsuccessfully, so how did you then flash the v8 image?

I'm assuming the 2nd link down in OP (github).

This is exciting!
23rd May 2020, 03:33 AM |#18  
OP Senior Member

More
Anytime I got stuck, from TWRP I used
Code:
 adb reboot edl
then I used Sugar to reflash everything all over again.
The Following User Says Thank You to a.vandelay For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift a.vandelay Ad-Free
23rd May 2020, 05:59 AM |#19  

More
Phew, I didn't know about that one. I'll try again.

You can't flash an img from TWRP, there's no boot partition to enter fastboot mode.
23rd May 2020, 07:19 AM |#20  

More
I'd originally downloaded the nogapps without su and added Magisk.zip after, this caused an instant bootloop. The one with build in gapps+su works. It's possible to disable all gapps and related services except GoogleOne (I installed OpenLauncher into /system/app then removed GoogleOne by force). After this "Google" can be removed and all notifications about Google Services end.

I recommend you take down the twrp and remove the line which mounts the firmware partition as sdcard in case this is what wiped your IMEI. I build my own without this line and IMEI survived.

Tested

Wifi hotspot is working!
Bluetooth, camera, all USB,
Stability

Not working

Thee dots button (don't think it's a big deal as you get the three icons for back etc by default).
Auto screen brightness
23rd May 2020, 10:05 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:

I recommend you take down the twrp and remove the line which mounts the firmware partition as sdcard in case this is what wiped your IMEI. I build my own without this line and IMEI survived.

Would you post your TWRP to see if there's a difference?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
palm-palm

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)