I am not responsible for any damage on your device.
In this guide I want to show you step-by-step how to unlock the bootloader and install TWRP and a custom rom (in this case Mokee) on your Meizu Note9.
I tried it with global version but it should walk with chinese version too.
This guide is based on the YouTube video from 老婆没米了 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPESF2A9_ek&t=369s) and the github from sukana (https://github.com/sukanka/MEIZU16S_...r-MEIZU-Device)
Normally to unlock the bootloader you have to enter developer options and activate USB Debugging and OEM unlock (since Android 5.0). Meizu hides the second option from their settings. To activate it we have to change this value inside the firmware. The frp section contains this value so we need to change it in there. To do this we use the Qualcomm Flash Image Loader (QFIL). QFIL is an application that helps to flash stock firmware. We will use it to flash our modified rom with OEM unlock activated. Note that you have to deactivate wifi and unplug ethernet cable while use QFIL to prevent issues with the Qualcomm driver.
After we unlocked our bootloader we can install custom recovery like TWRP. With this tool we can easily install custom software to our phone like custom roms or root the device. We install the recovery by booting our phone to bootloader and flash the TWRP image. This will be done by the adb and fastboot platform tools.
- Meizu Note9
- PC/Notebook running Windows
- Cable to connect phone to PC/Notebook via USB
- Qualcomm USB Driver
- QPST (QFIL included)
- QFIL-compatible Firmware for your device
Global 18.104.22.168G: https://mega.nz/file/nY42GAhD#dZIX9j...TBbkPuEJEIGtLc
Chinese 22.214.171.124A: https://mega.nz/file/idRFlK4R#Ymuv1z...Y1_Pea6FIgL6bo
- HeX-Editor (there are thousands out there)
- Universal ADB Drivers
- ADB & Fastboot
- TWRP image
- Custom Rom image file (for Mokee: RADIO...zip and MK...zip)
- Optionally: .zip-files for other custom apps
Prepare your PC/Notebook:
0. Download and install the required software
- Enable Developer options
- Go to "Settings" -> "About Phone"
- Tab on Build number several times until it says that you are developer
- Enable USB-Debugging in Developer options
- Go to "Settings" -> "Accessibility" -> "Developer options"
- Switch on USB debugging
- If you see something like "OEM unlock" in Developer options enable it and go to step 18 of this guide otherwise continue with step 4.
- Power off your phone
- On your PC/Notebook turn off wifi and unplug the ethernet cable to prevent problems with the qualcomm driver
- Start QFIL (installed with QPST)
- Press the Volume up and Volume down buttons on phone (NOT the power button) and connect it with your PC/Notebook, hold the buttons until QFIL shows something like "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM3)" on the top of the app
- In QFIL go to "Configuration" -> "FireHorse Configuration" and set the configuration like shown in this image and click "OK":
- Now choose on "Flat Build" and set the "Programmer Path" to "prog_firehose_ddr.elf" of your downloaded firmware
- Click on "Load XML ..." and choose the "rawprogram_unsparse.xml" of your downloaded firmware and select patch0.xml in the next window
- Go to "Tools" -> "Partition Manager" and agree by clicking "OK"
- In the next window search for the label "frp" and rightclick on it
- Choose "Manage Partition Data" and click on "Read Data..."
- Now open your windows filemanager and go to "%appdata%\Qualcomm\QFIL" and open the folder with the name samething like "COMPORT_3"
- Copy the .bin-file and rename it to "frp.bin"
- Open "frp.bin" with a HeX-Editor and change the last position of "0007FFF0" from 00 to 01 like this:
Alternatively you can upload "frp.bin" to https://frp.xingrz.me/, follow the instructions on the website and download the resulting "frp-unlocked.bin"
- Go back to the open QFIL window and click "Load Image ..." and choose the above edited file
- Close the open QFIL windows
- Restart your phone into bootloader by pressing Volume down and power button (this may take some seconds)
- Start the windows command line tool (cmd) and navigate to your adb and fastboot directory
- Enter the following:
- Enter the following:
fastboot flashing unlock
- On your phone choose "UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER" by navigation with Valume down and enter with power button
Now your bootloader is unlocked and you can install a custom recovery, install custom rom or something else.
- Boot your phone in fastboot mode by pressing Volume down and Power button
- On WIndows start "cmd" in adb folder
- Enter the following:
fastboot flash recovery $PATH_TO_TWRP
- On the phone choose "Recovery mode" by navigation with the Volume buttons and enter with Power button
- The phone reboots automatic three times and you will see TWRP (chinese and english language support)
Now you have installed TWRP custom recovery on your Meizu Note9. Install custom rom and other things are quite easy until now.
Install Custom Rom (Mokee):
- Boot into recovery mode and wipe all data
- Download the .zip-file for the custom rom (on PC/Notebook)
- Optionally: Download OpenGApps, Magisk and other custom apps
- Copy all files on the phone via USB connection
- In TWRP go to "install" and choose the custom rom .zip-file (for Mokee: first the RADIO...zip and then MK...zip) and confirm installation
- Redo this step for every .zip-file with additional apps (like OpenGApps or Magisk)
- Restart your phone
Congratulation! You have successfully installed a custom rom on your Meizu Note9.